IGNORED

Let's talk about something different, next season's kits

RedM

As a change of subject isn't it time for our annual kit design squabble?

1) I would like to see the return of white shorts fir the home kit, superstitious me thinks all red hasn't been good for us this season.

2) Talking about superstition, what about a re-vamp of the purple and lime, it was almost unbeatable a couple of seasons ago. Proper bright luminous purple and 'glow in the dark' lime, blind the opposition under the floodlights! 

3) Lots of bright cerise pink in 2nd or 3rd kits around at the moment, like this. Or why don't  we try the luminous yellow/green the stewards wear like Brighton/Sheffield Weds(?) did. I don't know about 12th man, more like 42nd man our players were confused into thinking we were playing against.

4) Having been to Newcastle's, Sunderland's and Villa's club shops in the past week and seeing huge reductions on their kits and other merchandise why don't we ever have a decent sale??? I understand they are heavily backed clubs, sports direct influence etc, but even Burnley had a fantastic shop with really good prices. I'm gutted when I go in to ours and see the same limited stock of overpriced merchandise, making the kit in house has been more expensive than ever, for the fans anyway. 

When I watched highlights of Bristol Rugby one thing that grabbed me as they were in the tunnel and coming out is how their navy blue, red and white kits fitted the colour scheme of the stadium and tunnels/hoardings - it really did look like their home turf. I'm not suggesting we play in navy blue (half the fans would have a aneurysm "omg blue !!!" ).

I would go for Burgundy socks, Green shorts and White tops - only because I saw a team a while back as I was driving past a football park and thought it looked pretty cool and pretty unique, opposed tot he generic sameness of pretty much every other club/kit.

Defo white shorts. The last twice we've had red we've had bad seasons. Don't **** around with it

Away kit - can't say I'm that fussed about. I've liked white / black, yellow / green and purple / lime. I would draw the line at luminous though, look like lollypop ladies

Robin badge

Preferably made by Umbro, with Umbro signs down the arm

#retro

I agree with all you said @RedM. Bring back the white shorts.

I know our kit is in house now but we never have discounted stock anymore. Always went in at the end of a season to buy stuff. Normally shorts to go with a shirt I'd bought at full price at the start of a season. 

I think the purple and green should come back and the black with green/purple stripe was one of my faves but how about a green shirt with purple shorts?

Or failing that, how's about orange? Have we ever had an orange away kit?

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

@Septic Pegorange would be deemed to be too close to our home kit though wouldn't it.

Never really thought about it like that. To me orange and red are two different colours. I can sort of understand why the red was changed versus Villa as claret is a shade of red. But orange is orange.

ROY G BIV. Mr Biv causing us to muck about with shirt colours... grrr.

I kind of like the idea of having a two tone red shirt, rather than the two tone Man Utd are doing with half each side, have a darker tone of red under the arms/running down the side of the body, then white trim for end of sleeves/collar. White shorts and red socks. 

Rather than one or the other maybe a proper black and white away kit and then purple and lime as our third kit.

21 minutes ago, hodge said:

I kind of like the idea of having a two tone red shirt, rather than the two tone Man Utd are doing with half each side, have a darker tone of red under the arms/running down the side of the body, then white trim for end of sleeves/collar. White shorts and red socks. 

Rather than one or the other maybe a proper black and white away kit and then purple and lime as our third kit.

This one from a few years ago is nice.

13001086_10207501564751516_5030585872215032664_n.jpg?oh=31798dd95f258a4ac5237a7519ad5e79&oe=596EEED4

Archived