IGNORED

Sorry, Wilbs...

Kid in the Riot

9 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Yeah KITR I'm personally shocked and appalled he didn't get out his voodoo doll of LJ. And the fact he covered up the 'Cock Piss Johnson' graffiti incident.

You have to wonder how stupid some people are to expect a player to slate the team atmosphere during a club-arranged press conference, flanked by club media.

So, in short you agree with me that we should take what he's said with a large pinch of salt? That's all you had to say...

Yes mate, it's what we call a 'pre-match press conference'.

...and there it is.

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You think some of the things that have happened this season behind the scenes (Or in at least one case , a public arena ) happen at every club do you ?

Yes I do fella...and worse.

You're dealing with young men and kids, who are pampered, who have testosterone and adrenalin pumping through their veins, most not that intelligent. Spoilt, rich kids, idolised and put on a pedestal by some fans...a great majority live in a bubble and think they are better than they actually are in reality. They kick off and do stupid things...mouth off...don't like being told and don't take to criticism that well.

When things get tough...that magnifies. It happens even when clubs are doing well.

When you get on a run like we have...everything gets magnified, and scrutinised. People are looking at every possible cause as to what's going wrong.

Seriously mate...have you read the stuff on here. It's like a world of make believe. Willy wonker and Alice, don't come near to how mental this place is, and it's completely bonkers way of thinking.

That...or the NHS are really upping their doses to people these days....People's mind set's are so clouded or quick to anger. It's worrying if they are actually like it in real life...or just behind a keyboard.

34 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sometimes I wish I was blind like you

It sits well with your pathetic attempt at sarcasm

Your 'Faith Leader' has even made his own comments recently but you conveniently forget that

Ohhhhh how the Club must dream of supporters like you that will suck up and swallow any piece of spin !!!

:laughcont:

You think it's a happy squad do you ???

:laughcont:

It is possible  for form to suffer even with a tight knit team. If you want to pretend that everything that comes out of the club is fake news thats up to you. I go by what I see on the pitch and the one thing I haven't seen is any real sign that the players are not trying, that is my own personal guide to whether the players want the Manager or not. Unlike the insiders on here, it's all I have to go on. (there you go, that gives you a chance to call me pathetic again) :) 

41 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I so wish I had the access to the dressing room you guys have. Imagine knowing what goes on even better than the players....... Must be an amazing feeling, being an insider.

Its easy-pretend to be "in the know"...just walk with that knowing smile..many do.

Do it for long enough and it becomes natural,even the 'inner glow.

42 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

To be honest I haven't seen a lack of effort. To go to Newcastle and get a point would not be possible with a squad of players not giving their all. If they werent giving their all then we'd be getting thrashed. 

This is probably the most frustrating bit of this season.

When a team is on the sort of bad run that we've been o since November you would expect us to have received a few thrashings along the way, but we haven't.

Ok we might not have played well on a few occasions, but we have certainly not been thrashed and in a lot of games we have been in with a chance. On talk sport the other day Im sure I heard them say that we've lost from winning positions more than other team in the division ( more if you include the draws at Derby and Newcastle, which were just as bad)

If there had been a fall out between manager and players then I am certain we would have seen a few 4 and 5 nils along the way.

As I said, It is so frustrating that we have been so close to a half decent season and the small margins that cost us are, I think, down to the coach overcomplicating things too much, instead of getting and playing a settled team. 

52 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Love you to pieces mate, but what a loads of old cobblers this is...particularly the bit in bold.

At least near the bottom he 'gets it' in terms of the atmosphere at AG being a two-way street between fans and players.

Just a shame he's (presumably) being made by the club to come out with this nonsense about the dressing room being a happy camp. Interesting he talks about the nucleus of the squad still being there from 3 years ago and no coincidence it was him, Pack, Flint and Bryan sat behind me at the rugby on Sunday...

He's ordered to do an interview, what do you expect him to say ?

There are many players here who want Johnson out ?

It's just contractual obligations to give press interviews the players just rolll out the usual bull , nothing to see here.

12 minutes ago, spudski said:

You're dealing with young men and kids, who are pampered, who have testosterone and adrenalin pumping through their veins, most not that intelligent. Spoilt, rich kids, idolised and put on a pedestal by some fans...a great majority live in a bubble and think they are better than they actually are in reality. They kick off and do stupid things...mouth off...don't like being told and don't take to criticism that well.

When things get tough...that magnifies. It happens even when clubs are doing well.

When you get on a run like we have...everything gets magnified, and scrutinised. People are looking at every possible cause as to what's going wrong.

Seriously mate...have you read the stuff on here. It's like a world of make believe. Willy wonker and Alice, don't come near to how mental this place is, and it's completely bonkers way of thinking.

That...or the NHS are really upping their doses to people these days....People's mind set's are so clouded or quick to anger. It's worrying if they are actually like it in real life...or just behind a keyboard.

Willy manual manipulator would more suffice..

Now,where did me meds go???

5 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

One day it will all become a little clearer. Then it will not matter if anyone is in the know or not. 

To be fair you don't need to be in the know to make an educated guess that the team spirit has not been the same over the last 3 years ie promotion season versus now, for example.

30 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Yeah KITR I'm personally shocked and appalled he didn't get out his voodoo doll of LJ. And the fact he covered up the 'Cock Piss Johnson' graffiti incident.

You have to wonder how stupid some people are to expect a player to slate the team atmosphere during a club-arranged press conference, flanked by club media.

Cook Pass Bobson?

31 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Fair enough. But if he hasn't lost the dressing room he's either:

A) a lacklustre man-manager

B) a poor tactician

Either way he's lost the fans and lost the plot. Sorry Lj, wanted you to be our Eddie Howe but sadly you're more our Iain Dowie.

Or both, OBJ! 

20 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Ah yes, blame the fans.

It's clearly their fault.

This 'club' needs completely rebuilding from the very top to the bottom.

It's no wonder the fans are taking matters into their own hands.

We deserve to go down, the arrogance coming from staff, playing and managerial stinks.

Given that, and I do agree with you, what on earth is their motivation? Build a dirty great and expensive stadium and then piss off the paying customers? I don't get it at all.

Now they have the corporate lounges and non matchday corporate machine money, are we so insignificant that our contribution financially doesn't matter or are we being taken for granted / taken for fools?

I just don't understand this! Can anyone enlighten me?

27 minutes ago, spudski said:

I assure you  Spud - Thanks , but I don't need educating as to what happens at Clubs and in dressing rooms , or what footballers are like

And I stand %100 in my posts on this

Why do you have to have a go at some section of posters / supporters on just about every post btw

I'm certainly not everyone's up of tea and will say it how I see it , and have fallen for referring to the LJ backers as the LJ Faith , but why the sweeping condescending or disparaging statements about people's personalities or lives ?

That...or the NHS are really upping their doses to people these days....People's mind set's are so clouded or quick to anger. It's worrying if they are actually like it in real life...or just behind a keyboard

Bizarrely you routinely criticise 'Football Fans' as a generalisation and are very condescending and make sweeping statements about their knowledge or understanding 

Of course in any group of society there are wide dynamics but my experience of a lot of football fans is that they are , or at least a strong core , that are actually very astute , often more astute than many in the Professional game who in general terms dismiss supporters as 'knowing nothing' or 'understand nothing'

I speak from many many hours of conversations with 'both sides'

Sorry , but it does my head in when people write football supporters off (As a generalisation) as not knowing what they are on about or other such superior statements

There are one or two on here (IMHO) that are extremely astute in analysing and explaining what they see (In terms of the football on the pitch) that could easily perform a very competent role as a scout or analyst for a professional club

The current situation has created a major divide in the fan base. It's quite clear where I sit and I've been early and consistent in my judgement. I will be quite honest - Of all opinions that get discussed on here it's one where I've (clearly) struggled to see on what the LJ backers base their belief (I'm yet to hear a decent argument if I'm honest)

As Ive said before - I hope I'm so wrong but my opinion is based on every bit of experience and everything I see everything I hear 

The competency of LJ and his backing by SL is a massive issue( And thus for debate) ,at this time, for this Club and the result will be a significant bearing on the immediate future of the club

Its hardly a surprise that it raises passionate and aggressive debate and feelings 

Or it should do Id suggest for any supporter who truly loves the club

• Admin

Toeing the line

I've had to be a public face of an old company - at the time I knew was morally in the wrong (hence ex company) but as they were my employer you have to say these things

Sadly for Wilbs IF Lee gets the boot and we put in a performance a la Leicester V Liverpool he is going to look VERY silly 

39 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

And this is the bit that gets me. Look at that squad, there is a fantastic mix of youth, experience, pace, power, smarts, nigglers etc etc

Why are we so ******* bad? Something isn't right, and the people that are paid to spot it and sort it aren't doing either

When we kick off next season at home to Doncaster in front of 12,000 it's really gonna hit home just how badly we ****** up this year

The problem, as I see it is. Is that the experienced players we have, for one reason or another (fitness etc) have not actually played much. Wibs, GON,  & Tomlin  have pretty much been bit part players. Goldbourne is experienced at this level, but hasn't impressed. And the less said about Adam Matthews, the better . So I do feel we perhaps haven't had the wonderful mix of youth and experience, that some on here are suggesting! 

Just a small point many seem to think the players are against him or they aren't and (understandably) judge it by what they see on the pitch

I don't think anyone would for a moment suggest that 'all' players are not with him / behind him

Not 'all' players have / may have fallen out with him

Some may have but patched things up

Some may have and things remain difficult

Some may like him but not believe in his instructions

Some may be professional enough to try and follow his brief and put in a performance whether they like or believe in him or not

(I am not ITK in general or regular terms atm - I did get told from a very good source about specific incidents earlier in the season that were always going to be pivotal in our season and have made some comment on them - but my above is not based on those - just a sensible consideration)

Its not that simple or as straightforward as a single sweeping statement whether that be AWs or anyone else's 

Firstly Wilbs is near retirement. His contract is up in the summer. Why does he 'need' to tow the party line? He is too long in the tooth to stand in front of a camera and lie. Which is what some are accusing him of.

For me there is a big difference between 'losing a dressing room' and there being frustrations and discontent in a squad that loses as many games as it does. Is LJ guilty of not motivating the troops enough, yes, will some players question some of his choices, yes, but losing them completely is still a fans opinion.

OTIB favourite Gary Rowett was talking only the other day about how hard it is in modern football to keep a whole squad 'happy'. So many egos, factions, cultures, groups and so much money, competition and pressure. And Gary Rowett agrees, as do I, with the poster earlier (?) who said that 'problems' with players and squads up and down the country is the norm. It's just that the problems become more obvious in losing teams, not necessarily because of the manger, but the increased pressure and the situation.

Very much a case of the club can't do anything 'right' here. Damned if you, damned if you don't. People questioned LT's statement. Now the same with Wilbrahams. So we have the 'blind faith' and the 'conspiracy theorists'. 

Depending in which side your bread is buttered, either the club are increasingly desperate and the dictortorship has reached new levels of power, or the conspiracy theorists are so desperate and exasperated to prove their point and have LJ gone that they've lost sight of reality and they'll use whatever spin they can.

One thing is for sure, calling someone who doesn't have the same opinion as you short sighted is about the most short sighted thing someone can say right now.

Often the simplest explaination is the most truthful one. Yes the media 'can' lie. Just excuse people have been made to towed the company line before, doesn't mean AW is. It doesn't mean they always lie. Having seen LT and AW's interviews, if they are lying they have a career in acting after football. That's my opinion.

The Club always tells the truth don't they

Is there anyone on here that actually believes after a 'thorough and professional recruitment process, from a list of surprising candidates ' that MA (Independently from any SL / JL influence) identified LJ as 'the man'

And LJ wasn't SL s choice

Is there ?

maybe there is ?

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I assure you  Spud - Thanks , but I don't need educating as to what happens at Clubs and in dressing rooms , or what footballers are like

And I stand %100 in my posts on this

Why do you have to have a go at some section of posters / supporters on just about every post btw

I'm certainly not everyone's up of tea and will say it how I see it , and have fallen for referring to the LJ backers as the LJ Faith , but why the sweeping condescending or disparaging statements about people's personalities or lives ?

That...or the NHS are really upping their doses to people these days....People's mind set's are so clouded or quick to anger. It's worrying if they are actually like it in real life...or just behind a keyboard

Bizarrely you routinely criticise 'Football Fans' as a generalisation and are very condescending and make sweeping statements about their knowledge or understanding 

Of course in any group of society there are wide dynamics but my experience of a lot of football fans is that they are , or at least a strong core , that are actually very astute , often more astute than many in the Professional game who in general terms dismiss supporters as 'knowing nothing' or 'understand nothing'

I speak from many many hours of conversations with 'both sides'

Sorry , but it does my head in when people write football supporters off (As a generalisation) as not knowing what they are on about or other such superior statements

There are one or two on here (IMHO) that are extremely astute in analysing and explaining what they see (In terms of the football on the pitch) that could easily perform a very competent role as a scout or analyst for a professional club

The current situation has created a major divide in the fan base. It's quite clear where I sit and I've been early and consistent in my judgement. Of all opinions that get discussed on here it's one where I've (clearly) struggled to see on what the LJ backers base their belief (I'm yet to hear a decent argument if I'm honest)

The competency of LJ and his backing by SL is a massive issue( And thus for debate) ,at this time, for this Club and the result will be a significant bearing on the immediate future of the club

Its hardly a surprise that it raises passionate and aggressive debate and feelings 

Or it should do Id suggest for any supporter who truly loves the club

It wasn't aimed at you...and I know you know your stuff.

However...look back at our players during 'your time' and since...people in jail, fisty cuffs, fighting between players, cliques, gambling, drugs, players screwing other players wives, drink, drink and more drink...I could go on...and you think our lot are bad? C'mon mate, get some reality back. It's no different to before or any other club.

I really can't believe you've been taken in by some of the tripe written on here. There is some astute stuff, but the majority of threads are absolutely ridiculous. You want me to take seriously a fan who wants to chant 'Johnson out' for 90 mins and such like? And then call everyone a tool for not agreeing. So many threads like that...you earn respect. I don't respect idiots and others like that. Just because they are City fans...it doesn't make them not idiots or stupid. I'm ashamed to be associated with some of the crap on here.

As for the people that are 'astute' I agree...and some of them have scouting, or a coaching interest in that back ground.

You can spot them a mile off.

No doubt people are frustrated...and I can understand why some fans want LJ gone...but the majority of stuff written on here is total bullshit tbh.

Having passion for a Club shouldn't trigger the 'stupid' button imo...great leaders and thinkers are those that think logically under pressure. They don't rant and rave and point fingers and turn everything into a conspiracy or put a negative slant on everything to bash the club with..

Frustration and disappointment is one thing...heated debate is good. The rest of it is total bullshit.

Completely at odds with the managers statement from last week, "there are cliques in the dressing room" and"perhaps we need to socialise more"

cant really blame wilbs, he's employed by Bristol city, he might even believe what he's saying, who knows? One things for sure, things aren't right at the club and if the Fulham performance didn't make it crystal clear to some people, nothing ever will. 

45 minutes ago, Bob Thompson said:

Its the integrity of some fans which is in question. On the eve of a big match discussing how to undermine the head coach. We are making ourselves laughing stocks by non supporters,gasheads etc. watching as the City and the project self destruct.

Writing "the project" disqualifies you from being taken seriously I'm afraid.

As you feel free, not for the first time, to describe people you disagree with as non supporters, I'm inclined to observe that only real non supporters would ever say "the project" when talking about the City.

Have a nice day Bob.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

My interpretation of 'losing the dressing room' is having players that aren't giving their all. Not sure what else it means. If that's what people mean then I can't really think of any that are guilty of that, other than Matthews maybe. 

They were guilty of it (not giving their all) for the second half at Villa that's for sure - certainly from what I was watching anyway.  

6 minutes ago, old parkender said:

Completely at odds with the managers statement from last week, "there are cliques in the dressing room" and"perhaps we need to socialise more"

cant really blame wilbs, he's employed by Bristol city, he might even believe what he's saying, who knows? One things for sure, things aren't right at the club and if the Fulham performance didn't make it crystal clear to some people, nothing ever will. 

Maybe Lee was imagining the groups that were forming in the dressing room?

Archived