IGNORED

Sorry, Wilbs...

Kid in the Riot

Love you to pieces mate, but what a loads of old cobblers this is...particularly the bit in bold.

At least near the bottom he 'gets it' in terms of the atmosphere at AG being a two-way street between fans and players.

Just a shame he's (presumably) being made by the club to come out with this nonsense about the dressing room being a happy camp. Interesting he talks about the nucleus of the squad still being there from 3 years ago and no coincidence it was him, Pack, Flint and Bryan sat behind me at the rugby on Sunday...

Striker Aaron Wilbraham addresses those rumours surrounding future of Bristol City boss Lee Johnson

Aaron Wilbraham insists Lee Johnson has not "lost" the dressing room at Bristol City.

Seeking to put an end to rumours that City's players are not giving their all for the under-fire head coach, the club captain gave an open and honest interview to the media at the Championship club's Failand training headquarters on Thursday.

A majority of City fans have turned against Johnson following a depressing recent record of 11 defeats in 15 games that has seen the Robins slip to within one place of the relegation zone.

And that has given rise to accusations of fall outs between players and management and unfounded claims that Johnson has lost the support of the Ashton Gate dressing room.

Speaking ahead of Saturday's potentially crucial encounter with Burton Albion, Wilbraham pout the record straight in no uncertain terms when insisting the players and staff are united in trying to keep the club in the Championship.

He said: "It is not a case of that at all. There are no problems in the dressing room. The spirit has not changed since I first walked through the door three seasons ago.

"The nucleus of that group is still here and we help ensure everyone is welcome and bedded in. Everyone is fighting for the football club and management and players are united in wanting to get as many wins as possible and staying in the Championship."

Given the toxic mood inside Ashton Gate when City lost 2-0 to Fulham last week, Wilbraham is aware of the need to start well on Saturday.

He added: "It's a two-way street. We need the fans to be behind us, because it makes such a big difference, especially to the younger players.

"But we know that, sometimes, we have to give them a reason to be vocal and to back us. We started the last two games (at Newcastle and Aston Villa) fast and the fans were brilliant. We need to make sure that happens again, so we can play in a positive atmosphere."

Read more at http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/veteran-striker-aaron-wilbraham-addresses-those-rumours-surrounding-future-of-city-boss-lee-johnson/story-30175245-detail/story.html#DKQ8OBRQFSGHADyE.99

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Love you to pieces mate, but what a loads of old cobblers this is...particularly the bit in bold.

At least near the bottom he 'gets it' in terms of the atmosphere at AG being a two-way street between fans and players.

Just a shame he's (presumably) being made by the club to come out with this nonsense about the dressing room being a happy camp. Interesting he talks about the nucleus of the squad still being there from 3 years ago and no coincidence it was him, Pack, Flint and Bryan sat behind me at the rugby on Sunday...

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Totally agree with you KITR

I so wish I had the access to the dressing room you guys have. Imagine knowing what goes on even better than the players....... Must be an amazing feeling, being an insider.

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I so wish I had the access to the dressing room you guys have. Imagine knowing what goes on even better than the players....... Must be an amazing feeling, being an insider.

Sometimes I wish I was blind like you

It sits well with your pathetic attempt at sarcasm

Your 'Faith Leader' has even made his own comments recently but you conveniently forget that

Ohhhhh how the Club must dream of supporters like you that will suck up and swallow any piece of spin !!!

:laughcont:

You think it's a happy squad do you ???

:laughcont:

The Tomlin/LJ rumoured fallout, rumours of players goong to SL, this from Wilbs, and the 'trust' statement by LJ leads me to believe all is not well at all.  As with the SL statement last week there was no need for Wilbs to come out with this.....so, why?

Pouring petrol on the fire again in my opinion. 

Right, so team spirit is fine, and the players are playing for the coach. Official! So, that is not the reason for this slump.

And they are a "very good squad of players" (SL, Jan 24th), so more than good enough to win some games, so that is not the reason for this slump. Official!

So, Mr Lansdown, what does that leave? 

1 minute ago, Jack Dawe said:

Right, so team spirit is fine, and the players are playing for the coach. Official! So, that is not the reason for this slump.

And they are a "very good squad of players" (SL, Jan 24th), so more than good enough to win some games, so that is not the reason for this slump. Official!

So, Mr Lansdown, what does that leave? 

The club are adamant everything is hunky  dorey  aren't they? 

Which as you allude to points to one thing...

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It's not an amazing feeling at all. It's actually rather depressing to see the discord between reality and the bullshit spin that comes out of our club.

All I can say if Wilbs is telling it like it is, is that it proves even more that LJ  is not good enough for the job of keeping us in the Championship or indeed getting City to the promised land.  If the club has asked Wilbs to make this statement, then they certainly know that the support of the Head Coach is getting more and more toxic and also that they know he is not the man to take City forward.  So why is he still in the job?  I don't want a loss on Saturday, but if it happens, then surely that must be the last straw for SL and LJ must be sacked, if it doesn't happen, then it looks to me that SL couldn't care less about relegation to the third division.

C'mon guys...this is getting ridiculous.

Of course there have been 'words spoken'...we all know that. We all know the 'alleged' Tomlin, GoN, Patterson, Golbourne 'stories' and others etc.

But that happens at every club.

When a team goes on a run like we did, heated discussions will take place.

Why, because of that, does every word spoken by a player or the manager, have to have been manipulated by the Club as to what to say?

Every work place has people that get on better with certain others. You still all work together to get the job done. You may not like a certain persons personality or traits, so you don't spend so much time with them, but you still work with them.

A squad of players our size, is no different to an office. Does everyone 'get on' in your work place?

If any player was causing trouble...an it was effecting harmony in the squad, then they'd be off or training with the kids.

I know their are smoke and mirrors at any club...but so many people are seeing everything as a 'conspiracy' right now.

C'mon KITR...you know better than that fella.

2 minutes ago, john from high littleton said:

Just a thought, but could it possibly be that the relatively young squad of players we have are not quite good enough at this level at this present time. And that even if we had hired Wenger this season, the results might have been the very similar ????

I don't think they're relatively young as a squad; plenty of experience in there.  I also dont think they're a bad group of players. I like our squad, but by god we're underperforming. 

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

Of course there have been 'words spoken'...we all know that. We all know the 'alleged' Tomlin, GoN, Patterson, Golbourne 'stories' and others etc.

Why, because of that, does every word spoken by a player or the manager, have to have been manipulated by the Club as to what to say?

Every work place has people that get on better with certain others. You still all work together to get the job done. You may not like a certain persons personality or traits, so you don't spend so much time with them, but you still work with them.

A squad of players our size, is no different to an office. Does everyone 'get on' in your work place?

If any player was causing trouble...an it was effecting harmony in the squad, then they'd be off or training with the kids.

I know their are smoke and mirrors at any club...but so many people are seeing everything as a 'conspiracy' right now.

Thanks, Lee. 

2 minutes ago, john from high littleton said:

Just a thought, but could it possibly be that the relatively young squad of players we have are not quite good enough at this level at this present time. And that even if we had hired Wenger this season, the results might have been the very similar ????

No John, it's the relatively young Head Coach that is not good enough at this level at the present time. The appointment was made too early and LJ should have learnt his trade more in the lower divisions for a few more years,  then and only then,  if he was good enough, be anywhere near a Championship club.

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

You think some of the things that have happened this season behind the scenes (Or in at least one case , a public arena ) happen at every club do you ?

Sorry , but that in my opinion , and experience , is nonsense

or you could have said

'happens at a lot of clubs that go on to get relegated'

8 minutes ago, john from high littleton said:

LJ is the new Wenger!! Not one of them are liked at the clubs they manage. 

LJ out :yes:

33 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Didn't one of the players come out with something a bit similar, just prior to Cotts' sacking?

Racking my brain as to who it was,  but I'm pretty sure there was an interview just like that.  Maybe Adam Baker keeps a template in his press pack and just changes the name of the player quoted and under-threat manager to suit. :whistle:

Anyway, along with the owner's vote of confidence,  and Johnson's nonchalant interview, a player coming out in support is yet more sign that the head coach's  days are numbered.

Look out for a black cat sitting in front of the dugout and a single raven circling overhead during the Burton game!  :laugh:

They cant win can they?  If the club say nothing then we get 'why are they quiet' if they do say something 'oh they are just toeing the party line they've been told to say that'.

So unless they come out and say 'everything's crap' people believe what they want

2 minutes ago, Big C said:

They cant win can they?  If the club say nothing then we get 'why are they quiet' if they do say something 'oh they are just toeing the party line they've been told to say that'.

So unless they come out and say 'everything's crap' people believe what they want

Ain't that the truth....

Yeah KITR I'm personally shocked and appalled he didn't get out his voodoo doll of LJ. And the fact he covered up the 'Cock Piss Johnson' graffiti incident.

You have to wonder how stupid some people are to expect a player to slate the team atmosphere during a club-arranged press conference, flanked by club media.

5 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

I don't think they're relatively young as a squad; plenty of experience in there.  I also dont think they're a bad group of players. I like our squad, but by god we're underperforming. 

And this is the bit that gets me. Look at that squad, there is a fantastic mix of youth, experience, pace, power, smarts, nigglers etc etc

Why are we so ******* bad? Something isn't right, and the people that are paid to spot it and sort it aren't doing either

When we kick off next season at home to Doncaster in front of 12,000 it's really gonna hit home just how badly we ****** up this year

3 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Yeah KITR I'm personally shocked and appalled he didn't get out his voodoo doll of LJ. And the fact he covered up the 'Cock Piss Johnson' graffiti incident.

You have to wonder how stupid some people are to expect a player to slate the team atmosphere during a club-arranged press conference, flanked by club media.

Just more PR spin to deflect the woeful state of this club. 

37 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Well, if LJ hasn't lost the dressing room then all the players can **** off along with LJ at the end of the season. If that's them 'playing' for their manager with some of those performances then **** me!!!! 

Archived