IGNORED

Team for Tomorrow

ollywhyte

I think o'dowda should start. Looked lively in the first half vs villa. 

Geifer (although don't think he's much better than fielding)

Matthews Wright Flint Magnusson

Cotterill Smith Pack ODowda

Wilb/djuric Taylor 

Matthews only for delivery into the box. Mag for cross field balls up to the target man. 

Got a feeling Tomlin will start tomorrow. Like to see Taylor up front so maybe something like 

Geifer

Wright.    Flint.  Magners 

Cotts    Smith.           O'Neil.       Bryan

Tomlin

Wilbs.                Taylor 

obviously tammy or djuric fit then it changes 

3 minutes ago, Sparkz 76 said:

Geifer

Vyner   Flint wright  goldbourne

cotts  brownhill hegelar Bryan

Djuric        Taylor    

love maggs to start LB but this won't happen and Wilbs needs a rest as started last 2 games

That team (Vyner apart) did brilliantly against Fulham ...:facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Got a feeling Tomlin will start tomorrow. Like to see Taylor up front so maybe something like 

Geifer

vyner.    Smith.           O'Neil.       Bryan

Tomlin

I like this, but with Cotterill for Vyner

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Geifer

vyner.    Smith.           O'Neil.       Bryan

Tomlin

Interesting, no Cotterill.

22 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Geifer

Cotts    Smith.           O'Neil.       Bryan

Tomlin

Think you might be right, but I'd rather play Reid or Paterson....I'm done with Tomlin (only my view).

I might go with Engvall instead of Taylor.  I think Taylor might need a bit more work having now seen him a bit more.

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think you might be right, but I'd rather play Reid or Paterson....I'm done with Tomlin (only my view).

I might go with Engvall instead of Taylor.  I think Taylor might need a bit more work having now seen him a bit more.

As much as I would like to see engvall play, if he can't even get on the bench with Tammy and djuric out the I can't see him making the starting line up baring in mind atleast one on them may be back

Getting the fans onside early tomorrow will be the most important factor, and that will start with the team announcement at 2pm

Any combination of our squad and the chosen formation should be enough to win the game.

LJ cannot be anything other than positive tomorrow, which is why I'll be absolutely amazed if it is anything other than 2 recognised strikers up front.

Tomlin is too much of a risk to start.  He could totally win the game for us, but if Burton do a job on him and starve him of possession (as Rotherham did), he's screwed and will will struggle as we'll continue to try and play through him.

I think he'll go 3-5-2.  We need to control the midfield so we sacrifice one of the back four to put another man up top.  

Giefer

Wright          Flint         Magnusson

Cotterill           Smith                O'Neil                 Bryan                                                            

Reid

Taylor                   Tammy/Duric/Wilbs

9 minutes ago, Aipearcey said:

As much as I would like to see engvall play, if he can't even get on the bench with Tammy and djuric out the I can't see him making the starting line up baring in mind atleast one on them may be back

Nor me either!

1 minute ago, Back of the net said:

Getting the fans onside early tomorrow will be the most important factor, and that will start with the team announcement at 2pm

Any combination of our squad and the chosen formation should be enough to win the game.

LJ cannot be anything other than positive tomorrow, which is why I'll be absolutely amazed if it is anything other than 2 recognised strikers up front.

Tomlin is too much of a risk to start.  He could totally win the game for us, but if Burton do a job on him and starve him of possession (as Rotherham did), he's screwed and will will struggle as we'll continue to try and play through him.

I think he'll go 3-5-2.  We need to control the midfield so we sacrifice one of the back four to put another man up top.  

Giefer

Wright          Flint         Magnusson

Cotterill           Smith                O'Neil                 Bryan                                                            

Reid

Taylor                   Tammy/Duric/Wilbs

If we are playing that formation, a lot to like there!

Just throwing it out there, but what about Hegeler for Flint?

Lee Johnson 

Lee Johnson Lee Johnson Lee Johnson 

Lee Johnson                         Lee Johnson 

Lee Johnson 

Lee Johnson 

At least with this line I can really let the players know how I'm feeling at the moment 

4-4 2 for me with Wilbs /Duric and Taylor up front.

Tomlin must start against Burton at Home. Leaving our most creative player on the bench again at home in a Must Win game is crazy.  Should be told to play just behind the front 2 all match and NOT drop back too far.

Made more happen in last 10 minutes v Villa than in the previous 80 minutes.

If he tires then bring on Bobby Reid -but start with Tomlin if we want to win this game

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If we are playing that formation, a lot to like there!

Just throwing it out there, but what about Hegeler for Flint?

Probably not the game to experiment?  It could work as Hegeler has the physic and attributes to play in defence, and his passing is miles better than Flint, who's limited to 40 yard lumps forward.  I'm thinking a modern day Franz Beckenbaur?  A dual threat Centre Back!

Yeah, thought the same, and Burton are a bit If as 'up and at you' type team. 

I was one who liked what I saw with Hegeler in those first few game, and wanted to see him further forward.  I wonder if he's struggled to get the lace of the midfield.  There is no doubting his quality imho.

It just shows how far we have fallen that we can't agree on formation or at least half the team - when we won League1 at a canter you could set your watch by the line up and formation.

We must start with 2 up front and LJ must know that the writing is on the wall and will gain nothing by a negative or timid performance. 

36 minutes ago, Ireneisagavsgod said:

Lee Johnson 

Lee Johnson                         Lee Johnson 

Lee Johnson 

Lee Johnson 

At least with this line I can really let the players know how I'm feeling at the moment 

I think Lee Johnson in goal might be a mistake

2 hours ago, Sparkz 76 said:

Geifer

Vyner   Flint wright  goldbourne

cotts  brownhill hegelar Bryan

Djuric        Taylor    

love maggs to start LB but this won't happen and Wilbs needs a rest as started last 2 games

Bar vyner this team started against Fulham and in my opinion was a worst and most guttless preformance of the Season so far hope I don't see this for a long time hegeler and brownhill is a week cm partnership and easy to play through! 

Has to be 3-5-2 tomorrow for me, will need 3 in CM and wide players to get around a well organised unit.

Either GK

Wright       Flint      Magnusson

Hegeler

Cotterill                                                              Bryan

Brownhill                  Reid

Taylor

Wilbs/Djuric

Archived