IGNORED

Money Where Your Mouths Are

allyolly

51 minutes ago, allyolly said:

Ok it seems like the majority on OTIB seem convinced we are doomed to League 1without a prayer. Not my opinion for what its worth.

So how many of you have been so convinced its easy money that you have put money on?

Really the majority of OTIB think we are definitely getting relegated ? I would put money on your statement being OTT, though bookies tend to be pretty smart, so I doubt they would give me odds.

The Irony is, certain fans think we are relegation fodder...yet go ballistic when we don't win at Villa, Newcastle and such like.

Since the January window, where we have been able to strengthen, We've played 7 games, Where we have won 1, Drawn 3, Lost 3.

Of those games...Villa, Newcastle, Fulham, Derby away. At the beginning of the season, if you looked at the fixture list, you'd have said we'd have done well to get any points at those places.

Apart from the Fulham game, which was a disgrace, we (imo) have seen an improvement in performances, where we have scored goals and played well. Derby first half exceptional.

We've shown we have the ability to compete in this league. The players we've brought in during January, have imo, strengthened us...although I still believe we are awfully weak at full back positions...Vyner hopefully will continue to grow in confidence as I believe he has the talent to succeed.

Those January signings....and the performances since the end of January, make me think we should escape relegation. The downside is, we need play off type form. Which will be hard, as I see us as we stand, as a lower to mid table quality squad...of which that type of form might not be enough at this time of the season, with games running out.

With the remaining fixtures...imo, we have a realistic chance of 18 points. That would put us on 51 points.

12 games...5 wins, 3 draws, 4 losses.... fingers crossed. hopefully 3 points from today.

Trying to be positive :-)

I typically stay away from betting on City but I broke that rule twice for the first time this year and I've won twice.

2-0 reading I bet against us to lose at HT

btts against wolves as well on boxing day part of an acca

So yes I'm considering putting some money on this and from how we've been playing the odds will just get shorter I think. 

14 hours ago, allyolly said:

Ok it seems like the majority on OTIB seem convinced we are doomed to League 1without a prayer. Not my opinion for what its worth.

So how many of you have been so convinced its easy money that you have put money on?

Well, I haven't backed relegation but I made a tidy packet laying City at 2-0 on 2nd Jan. A fair few quid on Burton today to soften the blow of a loss

Archived