IGNORED

Forget Rowett

Iron Acton Red

7 minutes ago, FramptonRed said:

Get Uwe rosler in doing a fantastic job for Fleetwood on a shoestring budget.

Why would he come here; Fleetwood may well, I regret to say, be replacing City in the Championship next season.

1 hour ago, FramptonRed said:

Get Uwe rosler in doing a fantastic job for Fleetwood on a shoestring budget.

I advocated him a while back. Doing a great job at Fleetwood and has a good CV. Our chance to get him has gone now I would imagine. Unless he thought he'd risk the challenge of taking us on and bringing us back up if we go down. Even though we could (!) swap divisions, he knows what he can achieve there is very limited.

Rowett free, keen and available. He could be in place on Monday afternoon.

Mentioned on other thread, go to Preston and ask for permission to speak to Simon Grayson. He's spent far less than Johnson, he can develop a team , not the most attractive but hard working team.

I would also be confident he would get us out of league 1, the right way (unlike Johnson). 

I'm not saying he would come here but when in take into consideration we came up together they have progressed way beyond us

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

I advocated him a while back. Doing a great job at Fleetwood and has a good CV. Our chance to get him has gone now I would imagine. Unless he thought he'd risk the challenge of taking us on and bringing us back up if we go down. Even though we could (!) swap divisions, he knows what he can achieve their is very limited.

Rowett free, keen and available. He could be in place on Monday afternoon.

I just can't see Lansdown sacking Lee. Even if he did, we wont pay Rowett what he wants, we will go for another lower league manager who will be out of his depth.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Bigger salary would be the main reason, more money to spend, bigger club etc. 

From the outside, BCFC is highly regarded.

Actually the reality is every pundit and football person actually respects the club for sticking by LJ.

It's just our fans - understandably because they bare the brunt of it.

I'm sure many managers would want to work under SL, be backed and given time. Managers dream.

You won't get a manager from LG1 who is pushing for automatic promotion. Why would you leave e.g Fleetwood when it's likely you'll be above us

You won't get a manager from the championship who is above us in the league. E.g. Grayson at Preston, seems pointless to leave a settled championship team for us in free fall.

Rowett is the attractive proposition as he has no job right now.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Yep. And i think it's the job Rowett is hoping for.

I've been following him in the news linked to a few jobs and just wondering the same thing. Forest - no. Rangers - no.

I really wouldn't be surprised if MA had a very informal chat with him over coffee at some point.

48 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Actually the reality is every pundit and football person actually respects the club for sticking by LJ.

I'm sure many managers would want to work under SL, be backed and given time. Managers dream.

Very true, in the event LJ ever gets shown the door, which I wonder will happen even if we get the chop, Rosler would be first choice followed by Warnock.  Rosler played international football, played premier league, and knows our game inside out.   That said I just cannot see it happening, LJ presiding over the worse run ever in the clubs history with all at his disposal is bonkers,  and still here. 

On 04/03/2017 at 18:20, JonDolman said:

Depends what a big club is. I would say we are pretty big cuz we have huge potential with one of the richest men in football as owner. 

Who has made it quite clear he is completely out of his depth running a football club...

On 04/03/2017 at 19:16, Southstandoriginal said:

The point is that we are easily big enough for the Championship. Whether we are good enough is a different question.

We have the potential to be, based on fan base, stadium and facilities. There's a difference though.

On 04/03/2017 at 18:12, Alessandro said:

Really 

Where did you read / hear this ?

On 05/03/2017 at 02:17, MarcusX said:

I wish people would stop calling us a big club. We aren't.

In comparison to Fleetwood, yes we are. Of course Rosler would come here if asked tomorrow. He would feel he can keep us up. Fleetwood are doing well right now, but it's hard to sustain longer term.

Truly small clubs that come to this league drop back eventually, unless they spend big - Yeovil, Colchester.. it would be the same for Fleetwood eventually unless they spent big or they got very very lucky.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

In comparison to Fleetwood, yes we are. Of course Rosler would come here if asked tomorrow. He would feel he can keep us up. Fleetwood are doing well right now, but it's hard to sustain longer term.

Truly small clubs that come to this league drop back eventually, unless they spend big - Yeovil, Colchester.. it would be the same for Fleetwood eventually unless they spent big or they got very very lucky.

Got a good,little set up,there mind PF 

Their owner seems a very sensible guy - Has improved their off pitch facilities and set up and seems to be building the club in a very sensible way

@djb6162was very complimentary about them when Wes was there on loan

Agree that to sustain themselves in Championship would be a massive ask

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Got a good,little set up,there mind PF 

Their owner seems a very sensible guy - Has improved their off pitch facilities and seems to be building the club in a very sensible way

That's true, I had heard their training facilities were better than ours.

I just think a club like Fleetwood has a ceiling. Unless they spend big like Bournemouth did, or get very lucky, they've got a limit to how high they can go realistically. Their crowds won't grow beyond a certain level whereas we - theoretically anyway - could easily sustain 27000 if we got promoted to the Prem.

They do seem to be doing things the right way though and are evidence that if you run a club pragmatically and sustainably you can achieve success. 

10 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Really 

Where did you read / hear this ?

OK - 'every' pundit was an exaggeration, especially after, what was it, talk sport? I didn't hear.

But I've had many conversations over the years and people are always praising what SL is trying to achieve here. Apart from the period when we over paid for average players.

I spoke to a top football agent, who represents Paul Lambert, and he talked of SL as one of the 'right' chairmen that managers talking about looking for these days. Will generally back you financially and will not go Cellino on you and sack you after 2 months.

3 hours ago, Alessandro said:

OK - 'every' pundit was an exaggeration, especially after, what was it, talk sport? I didn't hear.

But I've had many conversations over the years and people are always praising what SL is trying to achieve here. Apart from the period when we over paid for average players.

I spoke to a top football agent, who represents Paul Lambert, and he talked of SL as one of the 'right' chairmen that managers talking about looking for these days. Will generally back you financially and will not go Cellino on you and sack you after 2 months.

Fair enough - and I'd agree that SL has a general reputation as a 'decent' local man backing his local club

Under SL we also had a reputation within the game for being a soft touch - paying way over the odds for poor / average players in fees and wages

In fairness - I don't know whether that is the case and I doubt it is to anywhere like it was

As for the current situation , some (Managers and coaches mainly) will praise him for sticking by his coach

Others look on with a bit of bewilderment at what appears a suicidal backing

Depends who you talk to , and their role , pundit , agent , manager etc I guess

Archived