IGNORED

Worst season in history

Shuffle

I dont get the critics of Bobby Reid. I see him as a player who has energy and gets into the opponents box and reacts pressure. He rarely gives the ball away and reads the game well. Why Johnson took him off instead of the ineffectual Tomlin I don't know. The latter kept giving the ball away and that penalty was dreadful. Against Norwich start with Djuric and Taylor but get him to head the ball with Reid just behind. 

13 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

I dont get the critics of Bobby Reid. I see him as a player who has energy and gets into the opponents box and reacts pressure. He rarely gives the ball away and reads the game well. Why Johnson took him off instead of the ineffectual Tomlin I don't know. The latter kept giving the ball away and that penalty was dreadful. Against Norwich start with Djuric and Taylor but get him to head the ball with Reid just behind. 

I don't get his supporters. He's weak I'm afraid...fails to deliver. Beats his man twice, and then loses the ball on the third attempt, falls over when given a chance to shoot, spurns all other opportunities. Not up to the Championship. Can't imagine him playing for any other side at this level.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Will be the most unnecessary , humiliating , inexcusable relegation in my 46 years a red

Zero Excuses

Truly sickening

Yep, difficult to argue with that. 

Not that long home. What can I say? Just an average 1st Div game. Confident our team from a couple of years ago would have won that match.

Yes, in total isolation, maybe we did enough to win. Having watched the highlights, can see little wrong in Wilbs header, and the missed pen. Equally, they really should have scored. It is not in isolation however. A win would have papered over some cracks. Shape of the team was all over the place for long periods, players looked scared of their own shadows. It is a team that has relegation written all over it, and they seem to be accepting it.

Just a long day that was not really fun in any way. 

LJ has just failed in team building and is now just grasping at straws. Bottom line, we are nowhere near good enough. Yet he has had backing that other managers in our past would have killed for.

Think it is to late to make a difference this season now, but see no down side to bringing in a new manager right now. It can hardly get worse, at least some of the gloom might rise, and he can have a look at all the players and see who he wants to try and keep to build a Lge 1 team around. It is delusional to believe LJ will have any more success with us a league lower. This team is nowhere near the sum of its parts.

Just want this season over, new manager in place and we go again. Have to agree with you however, the most avoidable relegation in my time.

It is the hope that kills me! Left today after 40 years and I don't really care what happens to LJ but want us to compete, can't fault Lansdown and his money has got us where we are. Why do we keep going through this cycle when other clubs move on! In my time watching City Bournemouth, Hull and Stoke have all surpassed us and many more. I will keep going but I keep asking myself why ?

McInnes/SOD relegation?

Bottom of League One in December 2013?

05-06, League One with such 'highlights' as 7-1 at Swansea under Tinman and 9 losses in a row under GJ- didn't we go bottom of League One at the end of that run v Bradford on a Tuesday night?

Half a season under Pulis- again League One?

Relegation under Benny.

In my time watching there is quite some competition...

11 minutes ago, normanhillred said:

It is the hope that kills me! Left today after 40 years and I don't really care what happens to LJ but want us to compete, can't fault Lansdown and his money has got us where we are. Why do we keep going through this cycle when other clubs move on! In my time watching City Bournemouth, Hull and Stoke have all surpassed us and many more. I will keep going but I keep asking myself why ?

His money has got the stadium where it is. 

Some footballing nous, a fraction of the money and some common sense might have achieved the same stagnation on the field. 

22 minutes ago, iamsober said:

Everyone has a reason for going  - most of them don't listen to the rubbish on here!

Still though is impressive how many other clubs?

22 minutes ago, normanhillred said:

Yep. You can add Swansea as another notable example- bottom of League 2, almost relegated 2003, basically bust- now a solid PL side.

For sure but having thrown so much money at the stadium (and it looks good) why would you want it less than half full in league 1? In my years apart from the top flight this has to be the strongest squad we have had but one of the worst teams! I could go on but it will not help my state of mind!

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Still though is impressive how many other clubs?

Yep. You can add Swansea as another notable example- bottom of League 2, almost relegated 2003, basically bust- now a solid PL side.

5 points above relegation  = solid?

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

In general terms yes. Run well, usually good to stay up- as they do this year.

I digress- point remains they came from a far worse position and absolutely surpassed us in last few years or so.

I am hearing Leicester in my ears!

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Will be the most unnecessary , humiliating , inexcusable relegation in my 46 years a red

Zero Excuses

Truly sickening

This is truly sickening. 

I simply can not believe what is going on. Great support good players and a duff manager

#johnsonoutnow

Archived