IGNORED

Worst season in history

Shuffle

Been going for 45 years and IMO this is the clubs worst season.  I appreciate we've been in lower leagues and been relegated before and 82 was depressing. 

This year we have spent £15m, have a fantastic stadium creating the revenue stream we need and a great start.  In addition we have 18k supporters and with all this in place you can only call this season a disaster.

Only at Bristol City can we get it so wrong and turn so many positives into abject failure. Ultimately,  Lansdown is to blame by allowing this to drag on but LJ is without doubt completely incompetent and the phrase " that nobody is hurting more than me" wants me hire a hit man.

I will be back next season(not 18k will) because it's been my passion and always been proud to call City my club.  This season has left me embarrassed and angry but only one man can change the situation but he won't !

Nobody's doing anything though, 2 lines of 'we want Johnson out' won't do it. What we need to do is all turn our backs (let's say 34th minute for total number of accumulated points) but Ashton gate is so devoid of atmosphere it'll be a struggle to make it happen. We need the atyeo to lead the charge and hope everyone else joins in

I'm not going early bird that's for sure. I want to know which players are going to be out there, survive or not. I know a fraction of what I pay covers their wages, but there's some players I wouldn't even give that 20p towards. If we don't shift what needs shifting I'm staying away. 

10 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Been going for 45 years and IMO this is the clubs worst season.  I appreciate we've been in lower leagues and been relegated before and 82 was depressing. 

This year we have spent £15m, have a fantastic stadium creating the revenue stream we need and a great start.  In addition we have 18k supporters and with all this in place you can only call this season a disaster.

Only at Bristol City can we get it so wrong and turn so many positives into abject failure. Ultimately,  Lansdown is to blame by allowing this to drag on but LJ is without doubt completely incompetent and the phrase " that nobody is hurting more than me" wants me hire a hit man.

I will be back next season(not 18k will) because it's been my passion and always been proud to call City my club.  This season has left me embarrassed and angry but only one man can change the situation but he won't !

I second that. I have been supporting for over 40 years myself and at least we had an excuse to be bad in the early 80's, but there is no excuse for this utter carnage willed on by those behind the scenes. To me it feels like they have asked Gasheads to run the club into the ground!

4 minutes ago, shelts said:

Maybe we should turn our attention to the players. Are they fit to wear the shirt?

Good job the clubs existence doesn't rest with this lot . Worst team/ squad I've seen in years. 

Somehow we have managed to assemble a squad with no fighters at all, there are players out there with less talent but more heart and grit than most of our current lot, and at this level you often need the later to grind out results as there are so many fixtures

I've supported City for almost 40 years. I won't be going until things improve. I've never been so bored and angry.

There are lots of ways to improve, but there's one that's head and shoulders above the rest.

#JOHNSONOUTNOW

1 minute ago, The Ring said:

I've supported City for almost 40 years. I won't be going until things improve. I've never been so bored and angry.

There are lots of ways to improve, but there's one that's head and shoulders above the rest.

#JOHNSONOUTNOW

I'll append that

#JOHNSONOUTNOW #TOMLINOUTSUMMER #O'NEILLOUTSUMMER #BRYANOUTSUMMER #REIDOUTSUMMER #HORDURFORFLINT #FULLBACKSINSUMMER #KEEPERINSUMMER #DJURIC&TAYLORINNOW

4 minutes ago, Thatwasclose said:

Somehow we have managed to assemble a squad with no fighters at all, there are players out there with less talent but more heart and grit than most of our current lot, and at this level you often need the later to grind out results as there are so many fixtures

Totally agree.  They don't want it. Maybe some won't try hard for this manager which is a proper slap in the face for the fans 

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

I'll append that

#JOHNSONOUTNOW #TOMLINOUTSUMMER #O'NEILLOUTSUMMER #BRYANOUTSUMMER #REIDOUTSUMMER #HORDURFORFLINT #FULLBACKSINSUMMER #KEEPERINSUMMER #DJURIC&TAYLORINNOW

I wouldn't agree with all of those, but most. The one I most agree with is Reid. It's a shame he can't go before summer.

He thinks he's better than he is and it shows. He makes terrible decisions, thinking that he can do things that other players can do. He can't, because he doesn't have the skill level or intelligence to do them.

Because he's shit.

4 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I've seen a lot worse than this season, when we went straight down from Div 1 to 4 for example. We haven't even got relegated yet, I haven't given up hope, it was much better today than the Fulham game.

I think the point is we didn't have the richest English man in football in charge of the club like we have for the last 10 years.

Pitiful state of affairs really.

45 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

I feel your pain, but ........ this isn't the club's worst ever season.

Biggest anti-climax maybe, but not the worst.

5 minutes ago, The Ring said:

I wouldn't agree with all of those, but most. The one I most agree with is Reid. It's a shame he can't go before summer.

He thinks he's better than he is and it shows. He makes terrible decisions, thinking that he can do things that other players can do. He can't, because he doesn't have the skill level or intelligence to do them.

Because he's shit.

On another thread I said that Bobby Reid was absoloute pants today. And I stand by it, pants is literally the only word I can find to sum up his performance.

I'm saying that all things considered it is yes.

You're saying that you've seen worst football played over the course of the season and I don't dispute that, but when the club has been on the brink and has no players, it's kind of understandable. 

This is unforgivable. 

4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I feel your pain, but ........ this isn't the club's worst ever season.

Biggest anti-climax maybe, but not the worst.

I like your posts and value your opinion, not withstanding pure football on display  (which can by affected by a lot of things), do you not think that this is just the epitome of failure given the vastly superior resources we have had at our disposal?

2 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

On another thread I said that Bobby Reid was absoloute pants today. And I stand by it, pants is literally the only word I can find to sum up his performance.

The lad is a COMPLETE fraud. He strings 5 or 6 well timed good performances a season which makes you think hmm maybe he's worth persevering with. He's old enough to be thought of as ugly enough. This lad is bloody ugly as a footballer. Bin him off. I actually think he'll stay at this level and do well, not with us though. Get rid. 

In 1980-81 we were relegated from old division 2 with 30 points (2 points for a win). We scored 29 goals. That was a toothless shambles of a team in terminal decline. Is this as bad? 

I know I can't be arsed to spend good money travelling to find out these days.

2 minutes ago, Bianconeri said:

In 1980-81 we were relegated from old division 2 with 30 points (2 points for a win). We scored 29 goals. That was a toothless shambles of a team in terminal decline. Is this as bad? 

This is far worse...then we were bust, there was a siege mentality amongst the remaining fans...this season? There's no excuse.

2 minutes ago, Bianconeri said:

As we are all realising, it is when you've got a local billionaire owner.

The club in the early 80s lived hand to mouth.

This is quite simply unreal.

19 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I've seen a lot worse than this season, when we went straight down from Div 1 to 4 for example. We haven't even got relegated yet, I haven't given up hope, it was much better today than the Fulham game.

It was worse than Fulham . Fulham were a quality side . Burton belong in league 1 . We even made Burton look good today . 

4 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

This is far worse...then we were bust, there was a siege mentality amongst the remaining fans...this season? There's no excuse.

That was the season before we imploded remember, we still had the guts of the team that played in division one the year before. It was utterly abject and the only minor saving grace was that Rovers were even worse and stopped us from being bottom of the league.

16 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I like your posts and value your opinion, not withstanding pure football on display  (which can by affected by a lot of things), do you not think that this is just the epitome of failure given the vastly superior resources we have had at our disposal?

No. not really. We've had seasons when we've had more embarrassing defeats and thrashings, seasons we've never got out the relegation zone and didn't even have one "good patch" - and we've also had Tony Pulis. To my mind, the McInnes/SOD season was worse than this.

In terms of "he's spent more money" then yes, but he only spent what was earned. And he had to flesh out a skeleton-thin squad. Plus football is more expensive to compete in now and you cannot compare LJ's budget  with managers in years gone by. The three big relegated clubs got £40m each in parachute payments, and they weren't the only ones coining it in.

Yes it's been shyte. Yes it's farcical and needn't have happened, and yes it feels awful because of the early promise and optimism.

But there have been worse. It just feels worse because it's now and ongoing, with LJ still employed. 

15 minutes ago, Bianconeri said:

That was the season before we imploded remember, we still had the guts of the team that played in division one the year before. It was utterly abject and the only minor saving grace was that Rovers were even worse and stopped us from being bottom of the league.

You are correct...I think I recall optimism at the beginning of that season...and despair when a decent result at Cardiff meant nothing as other results as good as had us relegated...I spent my first wage packet on a trip to Carlisle in the cup that year...

However, for me, this is worse, we've been building a team this season, not seeing one fall apart...for me there is no excuse...it's been a managerial catastrophe.

1 hour ago, Shuffle said:

I'm sure SL still believes LJ will turn it around. 

... Even after relegation is confirmed. Nurse!........ 

1 hour ago, Thatwasclose said:

Every team needs a leader.Someone who has a clear vision and method and can lead and direct. We have Johnson. Enough said.

Archived