IGNORED

Signing Taylor was so important.

JHAGa

10 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Otherwise we would be facing a genuine threat of being a division below Rovers next season.

There were some of us who thought at the time that his acquisition had as much to do with stopping them as it did helping us. And if we don't play him much then that is almost bound to be the case!

5 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Otherwise we would be facing a genuine threat of being a division below Rovers next season.

Eh? With him we are still facing a genuine threat. 

I'm sure I'm missing your humour so apologies. 

4 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I hate to break this to you but we still might.

Can't see it, fortunately. They've W1 D6 L0 since Taylor left. They usually win most of those draws by the odd goal but struggle to score since they lost Taylor.

24 minutes ago, Fiale said:

I thought he would start today with Djuric, Burtons CB were slow and physical so putting one slow physical person against them was just pointless - 

21 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

One 37 year old up front, at home,  against Burton tells you everything you need to know about LJs acquisitions, fear and coaching nous, as well as his desire to go for the 3 points or play it safe. 

Spot on, both of you. Echoing my thoughts from earlier this evening.

Regardless of his Rovers history, he was L1's top scorer and is the closest we have to a player in the mould of Tammy Abraham. He simply has to start for me. Especially against a back four like Burton's that look like they each had the turning circle of the QE2.

2 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Can't see it, fortunately. They've W1 D6 L0 since Taylor left. They usually win most of those draws by the odd goal but struggle to score since they lost Taylor.

I'm just pessimistic at the moment, you may well be right.

48 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

One 37 year old up front, at home,  against Burton tells you everything you need to know about LJs acquisitions, fear and coaching nous, as well as his desire to go for the 3 points or play it safe. 

Yet LJ played 3 at the back which completely nullified any forward intent from Cotterill. It also seemed to confuse our defence more than anyone else.

The formation ended up looking like 3-4-1-1-1, and so little real width further forward except early on from Bryan down the left. But again his crossing wasn't the best, although he only had Wilbraham to pick out against 3 or 4 defenders which can't help.

In essence we played a lot of hoofball up to Wilbraham but there was no playing off him. It only got better with Djuric because at least he had Taylor as a possible outlet for his knock downs. So why didn't we start with them rather than wait 60 minutes?

The only options left other than getting angry at the manager and increasingly the owner, seem to be to turn on each other as fans, sinking into depression about our club's willingness to sleepwalk into League 1, or some gallows humour as we review the magnitude of a cock-up this season has been.

20 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Much mproved team since you poached the ******, played 4 of the top 6 and didn't lose, relatively easy run in and Millwall have 7 away from their last 11.  Don't think we will make playoffs but it's a possibility.     You have yourselves a proven div 1 striker for next season.

It would indeed be a remarkable achievement if Rovers are involved in a third consecutive promotion. 

On Taylor and Djuric not starting; It truly demonstrates a level of fear combined with ineptitude that Wilbraham starts ahead of them and alone at home. Nothing against Wilbs, he plays a very valuable part and deserves game time as he ably demonstrates but why buy players only to have them play little or no part when we are facing relegation? Its been discussed over and over I know but that is simply because we are all, virtually to a man, incredulous that the guy is still in charge when frankly he should have been shown the door some 10 games ago. There is still time to turn this slowly sinking tanker around but with Johnson in charge it will only be pure fluke if we are in this league again next season.

33 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

Much mproved team since you poached the ******, played 4 of the top 6 and didn't lose, relatively easy run in and Millwall have 7 away from their last 11.  Don't think we will make playoffs but it's a possibility.     You have yourselves a proven div 1 striker for next season.

How can I put this politely?

oh I can't 

**** off

36 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

Enjoy Fella!

2 hours ago, JHAGa said:

Draws against Sheff Utd, Bradford, Scunthorpe, and Bolton? Yeah, we've improved since Taylor has left and we would have lost them games prior to the January changes. With him and the new additions we may have won but we are a better team overall now than before. We would not have won them games without the Jan additions even if we kept Taylor. 

3 hours ago, S_Y_G said:

Its what I felt when he was signed-if shit happens were set for league one.

You though are far from Championship ready..too early and if anything would be a set back-you would be whipping boys....

5 hours ago, S_Y_G said:

Apologies people are telling you to eff off. 

I happen to agree with what you've said. 

7 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

I've long given up wondering what Johnson is going to do next. After Derby everyone could have expected two mobile forwards would have been the way to go, Tammy was a loss yes but why not try Engvall. There's no point playing a targetman without support or runners from MF, Ried and Tomlin barely made it past Wilbs , it improved a little with Duric coming on but there's no continuity and that cannot help the situation.

I would really love to know SL's thinking, such an long woeful run, what is there left that Johnson hasn't tried? And if he hasn't tried it yet in a run that has lasted half a season , why not? The club is sleepwalking to Div1

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I've long given up wondering what Johnson is going to do next. After Derby everyone could have expected two mobile forwards would have been the way to go, Tammy was a loss yes but why not try Engvall. There's no point playing a targetman without support or runners from MF, Ried and Tomlin barely made it past Wilbs , it improved a little with Duric coming on but there's no continuity and that cannot help the situation.

I would really love to know SL's thinking, such an long woeful run, what is there left that Johnson hasn't tried? And if he hasn't tried it yet in a run that has lasted half a season , why not? The club is sleepwalking to Div1

We're no longer sleep walking to Div 3 we're running towards it full tilt shouting 'mummy' like a homesick 8 year old after 5 days at Scout camp.

Firstly let me make it clear that I would have been ecstatic if Rovers had languished in NL for ever. However I am afraid that very soon they will be the top team in Bristol. If we have to play them, then I would reluctantly have had to acknowledge their success and achievements if it was in the Championship. But being the underdogs in league 1 as I suspect we will be if LJ stays, what a bitter pill to swallow that will be. 

23 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Firstly let me make it clear that I would have been ecstatic if Rovers had languished in NL for ever. However I am afraid that very soon they will be the top team in Bristol. If we have to play them, then I would reluctantly have had to acknowledge their success and achievements if it was in the Championship. But being the underdogs in league 1 as I suspect we will be if LJ stays, what a bitter pill to swallow that will be. 

Rovers have done well, no one can deny that surely.  After yesterday, and the fact he didn't start, I'm seeing the Taylor transfer as pettiness and a distraction to the results.

I found it funny at the time but it's looking more and more like the bully in the playground kicking some kids football over the school gates, tragic.

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Rovers have done well, no one can deny that surely.  After yesterday, and the fact he didn't start, I'm seeing the Taylor transfer as pettiness and a distraction to the results.

I found it funny at the time but it's looking more and more like the bully in the playground kicking some kids football over the school gates, tragic.

TBH there are, and have been so many odd decisions made by LJ, that it is clear he is so out of his depth it is bordering on painful as we slowly, yet unerringly, grind our way to the trap door! A bit like watching a crash in slow motion.

Archived