IGNORED

Dear Maggie

Dr Balls

Dear Maggie

It gives me no pleasure in having to write this, but for the sake of Bristol City Foitball Club, please could you have a quiet word with Steve at the rugby today, and explain to him that although supporting the manager is a very honourable approach, he has made a mistake and backed the wrong one. It was always a somewhat contentious choice as even he has admitted, but this current situation, with a manager more disliked than any anyone can remember previously, plus now the very high chance of relegation, is risking losing many long term supporters of the club. Also there is no guarantee that the club will bounce back as quickly as it did after the last relegation. The time before it took 8 seasons.

Please also let Steve know that the supporters are more likely to forgive him if he does something now rather than waiting even longer. They have seen the effect a managerial change has had on Blackburn in the last few games, plus you could look at Leicester and Swansea in the Premier League for more evidence. He may even be let off the hook somewhat if we get relegated with a new manager in place, which is distinctly possible, but at least he will have been seen to act, rather than tolerating the worst run of results in the club's history, under a manager who is now not just disliked but even actively despised by sections of the crowd, and allowing us to meekly slide back into League 1, just 2 seasons after winning it at a canter.

Listening to the "customers" should not be taken as an admission of failure or sign of weakness on his part. Often the fans can be kneejerk in their assessments, but in this case we have all had plenty of time to assess the situation. Sure there has been some bad luck, witness some of what happened yesterday, but on the other hand, we were very lucky that Burton missed an open goal. Bad luck alone doesn't get the team to 22nd in the table.

I appreciate that relieving someone of their duties is never easy, especially one who may have some family ties but please remind Steve that friends should be honest with each other as well, and in this particular instance the kindest thing all ways round would be to let Lee go.

I am sorry that it's come to this but something has to change if there is to be a reversal in fortune. In his previous role, it seems hard to believe that Steve would continue to back a company with a record like ours over the past 5 months, even one with significant potential, without asking himself whether or not major changes needed to be made in the management.

As long-term supporters of Bristol City we need to remain hopeful, but the longer this situation has continued, the more the optimism has ebbed away. Please get Steve to see sense and act before it's too late, assuming it isn't already.

All the best

Auntie M's former son-in-law

11 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Tell Steve he was right, not wrong, about Lee. It was "too soon for him" as he and Keith so wisely thought, before, er, appointing him anyway.

You were right, Steve! Now do the right thing!

I cringe at the thought that we may have got him later.

IMO he's simply not good enough fullstop and it's wishful thinking that by coaching elsewhere for another 5 years he'll be ready then. Just because he played for us and is GJ's son does not qualify him to successfully manager this football club.

#NepotismOut

#QualityandExperiencedManagerNextPlease

#JohnsonOut

2 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

He comes across as a really nice man. Its a shame it's not working for him as this country needs young English managers. 

He comes across as a man full of his own business-like rhetoric. 

7 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

#johnsonout.  Absolutely no one wants the man here!!!

Not quite true, there are a few and they keep telling us not to bother turning up if we don't support him, jeez if that happened there would be hardly anyone there #johnsonoutNOW

10 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

He comes across as a really nice man. Its a shame it's not working for him as this country needs young English managers. 

Yes, but maybe there's some other country that wants him more. Scotland, perhaps?

5 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

Nope. Pulis was disliked personally, not just for his results.

Agree with that. Pulis was a nasty piece of work and was only interested in lining his pocket. He also liked to get his son into whichever club he was at. Whilst the football under Pulis was mind numbing, the majority of City fans who can remember him at that time hated his guts purely on his behaviour, not so much the results.

LJ is a nice chap. I've met him and spoke to him when GJ was in charge. I don't think he is disliked for his personality, just the fact that he has bitten off more than he can chew and he refuses to see what is staring him in the face.

2 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Agree with that. Pulis was a nasty piece of work and was only interested in lining his pocket. He also liked to get his son into whichever club he was at. Whilst the football under Pulis was mind numbing, the majority of City fans who can remember him at that time hated his guts purely on his behaviour, not so much the results.

LJ is a nice chap. I've met him and spoke to him when GJ was in charge. I don't think he is disliked for his personality, just the fact that he has bitten off more than he can chew and he refuses to see what is staring him in the face.

The last point is a compelling reason to dislike him. 

Steve has a mind of his own and will not be told by anyone, LJ on the other hand will be told but by only 1 and he`s keeping quite for now.......or is there something happening.........nah don't get your hopes up..............the wait and pain goes on.

38 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

Yes, but maybe there's some other country that wants him more. Scotland, perhaps?

Gibraltar asked him to come out of retirement to play for them a few years ago.  Perhaps he could be the manager if their national team.  If that's too close, how about the Falkland Islands? 

48 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Gibraltar asked him to come out of retirement to play for them a few years ago.  Perhaps he could be the manager if their national team.  If that's too close, how about the Falkland Islands? 

I heard Tristan da Cunha were after an up-and-coming manager.

55 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Wake up, Maggie! And wake that dozey hub of yours up (I think we've got something of use to say to you). 

It's late September (our good run coming to an end) and I really should be back at school

(Rod knows his football)

9 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Dear Maggie

It gives me no pleasure in having to write this, but for the sake of Bristol City Foitball Club, please could you have a quiet word with Steve at the rugby today, and explain to him that although supporting the manager is a very honourable approach, he has made a mistake and backed the wrong one. It was always a somewhat contentious choice as even he has admitted, but this current situation, with a manager more disliked than any anyone can remember previously, plus now the very high chance of relegation, is risking losing many long term supporters of the club. Also there is no guarantee that the club will bounce back as quickly as it did after the last relegation. The time before it took 8 seasons.

Please also let Steve know that the supporters are more likely to forgive him if he does something now rather than waiting even longer. They have seen the effect a managerial change has had on Blackburn in the last few games, plus you could look at Leicester and Swansea in the Premier League for more evidence. He may even be let off the hook somewhat if we get relegated with a new manager in place, which is distinctly possible, but at least he will have been seen to act, rather than tolerating the worst run of results in the club's history, under a manager who is now not just disliked but even actively despised by sections of the crowd, and allowing us to meekly slide back into League 1, just 2 seasons after winning it at a canter.

Listening to the "customers" should not be taken as an admission of failure or sign of weakness on his part. Often the fans can be kneejerk in their assessments, but in this case we have all had plenty of time to assess the situation. Sure there has been some bad luck, witness some of what happened yesterday, but on the other hand, we were very lucky that Burton missed an open goal. Bad luck alone doesn't get the team to 22nd in the table.

I appreciate that relieving someone of their duties is never easy, especially one who may have some family ties but please remind Steve that friends should be honest with each other as well, and in this particular instance the kindest thing all ways round would be to let Lee go.

I am sorry that it's come to this but something has to change if there is to be a reversal in fortune. In his previous role, it seems hard to believe that Steve would continue to back a company with a record like ours over the past 5 months, even one with significant potential, without asking himself whether or not major changes needed to be made in the management.

As long-term supporters of Bristol City we need to remain hopeful, but the longer this situation has continued, the more the optimism has ebbed away. Please get Steve to see sense and act before it's too late, assuming it isn't already.

All the best

Auntie M's former son-in-law

Is Mags at the rugby? 

Archived