IGNORED

Pemberton

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

As my Mrs pointed out yesterday, all the instructions, vocals and passion came from this man. 

Johnson spent 90 mins occasionally clapping his hands while standing there in silence.

Things started turning sour under Cotts but you could never question his passion.

Don't get me wrong, LJ needs a lot more than a little passion, but to just stand there like he does knowing he isn't going anywhere was just infuriating to watch!

If Lansdown finally accepts he made a mistake and gives LJ the chop, Pemberton in charge until the end of the season is my preference and it least that way we will go down fighting!

So does Pemberton carry no responsibility for what is happening?  I find that astounding.

Also some of the best managers in the world remain almost motionless, so please don't suggest that shouting is a prerequisite for a good manager.

Yet another post and thread that offers no real analysis of what is going wrong.

I'd love to see JP given the opportunity.  In his brief spell last time he showed very astute management skills - he changed the tactics, motivated the players, communicated well with the fans and showed an incredible work ethic for the job.  He's actually got a very good CV and track record whenever he's been given the opportunity.  The argument against him is that the defence hasn't done well and he is the defensive coach.  Well, the same was applicable under Cotts and it's always the manager who dictates tactics and has the role of getting the most out of the players. 

It's very late in the day to bring someone outside the Club in and by the time they had familiarised themselves with things we could well be down.  I think the best chance of staying up would be a JP until end of season appointment.  If he did then keep us up he would fully deserve a chance of managing next season.  It's wrong to compare JP with Keith Millen as they are different personalities.  KM has got a deservedly good reputation as a coach and number 2 so I'd like to see JP given until end of season with KM brought in as a coach and assistant.

3 minutes ago, South stander said:

Uwe Rossler would be a decent option, he has Championship experience and doing a great job at Fleetwood.  Not likely to be tempted right now though. He has passion and seems to know what he is doing.

So he passes the Shouty Test, does he?  Well he sounds a good choice then!

30 minutes ago, pjg11 said:

I agree just using them as an example .just using them as viable candidates. By summer Rosler could have swapped places with us harder to attract him here .and well landsdown pay for a manager already in a job .all what ifs unknowns .JP the easy option for .him .bear in mind doesn't seem that SL learns from his mistakes

Has this been posted via telegraph wire?

42 minutes ago, South stander said:

Second in league 1 and unbeaten for so so long, aint a bad record.  With championship experience as well.  We could do worse.

Playing pedigree at the top level to to get over his thoughts to the players without them rolling their eyes.  Not to be under-estimated.

1 hour ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

I like the continental route, worked for Fulham... after a rough start they are pushing hard for a playoff place now, Wednesday also.

Someone suggested to me Laudrup, which seemed interesting. I'm still in the back LJ club but if he goes then the European route is not such a bad idea at all providing the board worked hard on researching candidates

Would be an interesting option to look at. Sadly I feel LJ's position has been untenable for a few weeks and we need a change now before it's too late. 

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

As my Mrs pointed out yesterday, all the instructions, vocals and passion came from this man. 

Johnson spent 90 mins occasionally clapping his hands while standing there in silence.

Things started turning sour under Cotts but you could never question his passion.

Don't get me wrong, LJ needs a lot more than a little passion, but to just stand there like he does knowing he isn't going anywhere was just infuriating to watch!

If Lansdown finally accepts he made a mistake and gives LJ the chop, Pemberton in charge until the end of the season is my preference and it least that way we will go down fighting!

For me he is part of the problem, I believe that Pemberton and Dean Holden were full backs by trade, why are our full backs so piss poor?.

if the answer to this question you cannot polish a turd, then why were no full backs signed during the window?.

The club has turned into ******* circus and our owner and his mate Ashton are far too arrogant to admit that they got it wrong with LJ's appointment and even worse giving him a contract extension, this season has been a car crash that has been 5 months in the making and at any time during that slow uncontrollable skid before the impact, avoiding action could and should have been taken.

Archived