IGNORED

Double Relegation

where's the joy

Bristol Sport on course to complete the unique double of both their Football and Rugby Clubs relegation in the same season.

now andy robinson got fired good and early to give them a chance to find his successor, so they took the 'cheap option' with no contingency plan and gave that nice mr tainton a go

the results have been less bad since.

meanwhile they have stuck by the dead man walking little Lee and hey presto results have gotten worse. so much worse that the fans now hate him and are preparing for life back in the stone ages with the gas.

the common denominator? when little lee finally goes we will replace him with the 'cheap option'.

i ask you 47m on a new stadium and a total punt on a novice manager who has even less idea of what his team is than when he first arrived.

stupefying incompetence and a desire to get a bargain that ignores real value.

we are getting what this board deserves

by the way our COO has a CEO above him and he has done a premiership quality job of keeping out of the limelight during all this mess

his names Bellingham before you look it up and he should stand up and be counted too

Taunton may well have been the cheap option, but I can assure you that Pat Lam is most certainly not.

What the rugby have done is appoint a high quality coach and have been prepared to wait to secure his services. As things have gotten closer to the drop, they've added an experienced "firefighter" in Alan Solomons.

A similar scenario would be City agreeing a deal for Alan Pardew, or similar, to be completed at the end of the season. The major difference being that Lam is currently in a job.

The rugby hierarchy seem to be prepared to bring in top quality, experienced and well-renowned coaches and are prepared to get rid of it doesn't work.

The football side, however...

44 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

Thing is Bristol will bounce back (if they win the playoffs at first attempt) and be stronger for it whereas City's future looks bleak at the moment.

Yes they will. I am not a rugby expert by any means but people who know more about it, whose knowledge I defer to on it, seem pretty impressed by Pat Lam so yeah I think once Robinson went the rugby were always on the up. Results have borne this out, and performances too- for the most part.

Football though, all I can say is if we do go down- is Steve Cotterill still on the payroll? Best man to take us back up IMO.

8 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Taunton may well have been the cheap option, but I can assure you that Pat Lam is most certainly not.

What the rugby have done is appoint a high quality coach and have been prepared to wait to secure his services. As things have gotten closer to the drop, they've added an experienced "firefighter" in Alan Solomons.

A similar scenario would be City agreeing a deal for Alan Pardew, or similar, to be completed at the end of the season. The major difference being that Lam is currently in a job.

The rugby hierarchy seem to be prepared to bring in top quality, experienced and well-renowned coaches and are prepared to get rid of it doesn't work.

The football side, however...

Even I have heard of Pat Lam...

I am coming down on the Saturday 6th may for the last Bristol rugby match  v Newcastle    and staying over to take in the final match  v Birmingham the 7th     With a view to witnessing  avoiding relegation on both sports ,   before celebrating with  a couple ciders before making my way home for the summer ,  via the portway  under the suspension bridge    OR am I going to be following  S L  to the top of the bridge  AND :grr::facepalm:

I think Steve landsdown will take some action at the gate tomorrow, the thought of both teams going down will definetly hurt him as he as heart in the two clubs as well as obviously his money. It could be today's rugby result might have changed his thinking and mindset with the football now. As a result we might see one or two changes that he would have been trying to avoid. Like all of us he is a proud bristol supporter and won't let everything just fall apart around him.

9 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

I am coming down on the Saturday 6th may for the last Bristol rugby match  v Newcastle    and staying over to take in the final match  v Birmingham the 7th     With a view to witnessing  avoiding relegation on both sports ,   before celebrating with  a couple ciders before making my way home for the summer ,  via the portway  under the suspension bridge    OR am I going to be following  S L  to the top of the bridge  AND :grr::facepalm:

It was a loss against Birmingham at Ashton Gate that confirmed our last relegation in 2013, with Wade Elliott scoring the decisive goal. History could well repeat itself this year, although if we continue at our recent 'points per game' rate, we'll be down before then. 

I miss the days before Bristol Sport to be honest. Although we get more income, our identity is missing now. We now share Ashton Gate with the Rugby team, we no longer have a designated 'BCFC Megastore'. Instead we have the 'Bristol Sport Megastore' where you find Basketball and Rugby merchandise amongst the Bristol City merch. It's not the same anymore. 

3 hours ago, brizzlelou said:

Thing is Bristol will bounce back (if they win the playoffs at first attempt) and be stronger for it whereas City's future looks bleak at the moment.

It took several attempts of finishing top year-after-year and fighting a bullshit playoff structure that only benefits the Premiership status-quo, plus cocking up against Exeter several years ago let the latter club move light years ahead of them. Dropping down will more likely set Bristol back at least another 3 seasons.

9 hours ago, where's the joy said:

Bristol Sport on course to complete the unique double of both their Football and Rugby Clubs relegation in the same season.

now andy robinson got fired good and early to give them a chance to find his successor, so they took the 'cheap option' with no contingency plan and gave that nice mr tainton a go

the results have been less bad since.

meanwhile they have stuck by the dead man walking little Lee and hey presto results have gotten worse. so much worse that the fans now hate him and are preparing for life back in the stone ages with the gas.

the common denominator? when little lee finally goes we will replace him with the 'cheap option'.

i ask you 47m on a new stadium and a total punt on a novice manager who has even less idea of what his team is than when he first arrived.

stupefying incompetence and a desire to get a bargain that ignores real value.

we are getting what this board deserves

by the way our COO has a CEO above him and he has done a premiership quality job of keeping out of the limelight during all this mess

his names Bellingham before you look it up and he should stand up and be counted too

No ones going down , Mr Lansdown said he will not let it happen , direct quote I believe from the infamous breakfast love in, well the rugby are dead in the water now, will he have the balls to do what's necessary to give us a chance to hold him to his promise , as it means getting rid of his mates lad Lee I don't believe so.

50 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

It took several attempts of finishing top year-after-year and fighting a bullshit playoff structure that only benefits the Premiership status-quo, plus cocking up against Exeter several years ago let the latter club move light years ahead of them. Dropping down will more likely set Bristol back at least another 3 seasons.

There are no playoffs anymore. Winner gets promoted. Bristol will bounce straight back up.

18 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Errr;

Jonathan Thomas as defence coach - not coached before. Defence as bad as it was in the Chumpionship.

Dwayne Peel as attack coach - not coached before. 

The rugby club may be throwing more money around relatively speaking, but after 6 years in the Chumpionship the way they allowed the club to go into this season so woefully underprepared and devoid of enough quality in the playing and coaching dept has been the reason they have failed. And they haven't failed by a little bit, as the game against Wuss showed today, they have cone up a long way short in every department.

Archived