Matty Taylor

ploppy

1 hour ago, Clevedon Red said:

This is how he picks the team. 

IMG_1832.JPG

Just thought of the questions to eliminate the players:

- was he signed by Cotts or SOD? Yes - There's a few knocked down

- did his dad talk about player contracts?  Yes - one more down

- was he signed in LJ's reign, but sent on loan, almost sent on loan?  Yes - There's a couple more gone

- does he believe in the project? No - A few more gone

- does he roll his eyes at the head-coach's tactical nous?  Yes - Two more gone

- is he is the 'circle of trust'?  No - numbers dwindling

- was he in the 'circle of trust' last week but can't be trusted anymore?  Yes - two more gone.

- was he a Rolls Royce but made to feel like a Trabant?  Yes - one more gone

I've got it!

Is It Lee Johnson himself :facepalm:

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

Tayor had been on for 7 minutes prior to the penalty.

But Tomlin scored his previous penalty - look how many Aguero misses - Utd fans are probably in the same boat after Zlatan missed yesterday. I'm not excusing it but penalty takers miss - Tomlin was the penalty taker, it would have been unprofessional for Taylor to demand it - just as when Agard did last year (and then missed).

5 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

But Tomlin scored his previous penalty - look how many Aguero misses - Utd fans are probably in the same boat after Zlatan missed yesterday. I'm not excusing it but penalty takers miss - Tomlin was the penalty taker, it would have been unprofessional for Taylor to demand it - just as when Agard did last year (and then missed).

I didn't say Tomlin should have taken it.

I'm guessing you've quoted the wrong post.

3 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Why indeed? We often had Bobby Reid, that player renowned for not scoring many goals, playing in an advanced position to support Wilbraham. Some of LJ's selections would make good questions for a pub quiz. 

Yep,and nobody would get one right:thumbsup:

Congratulations everybody gets it right after the event.best three/ 4 at the back. Smith and Oneil in front of them for experience Bryan and Cottrill wide Tomlin and Reid supporting Wilbs. With Milan and Matty when the game opens up.Sounded like a good game plan to me before the event.

5 hours ago, gordie said:

Was he even on at that time and Lee Tomlin has been our penalty taker and done ok up until yesterday.

Cough, cough.

Apart from the pen he missed at Wednesday that would have put us 3-1 up and would probably have sealed the win. While not his fault , that result was in many ays the start of our collapse before Christmas.

5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Hindsight .

5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Hindsight .

I don't think is about hindsight. I was told by a gashead when we signed Matty Taylor that half of his goals came from the spot.

Tomlin never fills me with confidence from the spot and has missed before.

so whilst I did not expect Tomlin to miss, it did seem that with FORESIGHT that MT should have been given the spot kick.

8 minutes ago, Bob Thompson said:

Congratulations everybody gets it right after the event.best three/ 4 at the back. Smith and Oneil in front of them for experience Bryan and Cottrill wide Tomlin and Reid supporting Wilbs. With Milan and Matty when the game opens up.Sounded like a good game plan to me before the event.

Really?

So starting a 37 year old up front on his own for his third game in the week seemed sensible to you?

Playing Cotterill out of position as a wing back (completely nullifying what had made him look good for us) was sensible to you?

Not starting with 2 up front (if Taylor wasn't signed to play in games like Burton at home, then why was he?) seemed sensible to you?

You're one of the 23 who voted that LJ should still stay, aren't you?

Cotts was slaughtered for always playing 3-5-2, why on earth would this supposed "trade up" on him now be playing it?

8 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

In LJ's BCFC tombola. 

Coincidentally, BCFC tombolas are available to buy from the Store, priced at £19.99 or for an extra £5 you can have LJ scrawl his name on it in crayon.

only when his dads about as he cant spell his name yet

8 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

In LJ's BCFC tombola. 

Coincidentally, BCFC tombolas are available to buy from the Store, priced at £19.99 or for an extra £5 you can have LJ scrawl his name on it in crayon.

Surely that's £19.99 or whatever price falls out of the tombola?! It is a random number generator after all....

8 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Why have so many players been banished without ceremony and then returned to the fold?.

How come Wilbs can suddenly play 3 games in a week, when previously 30 minutes every now again was his level?.

it's called panic, the chant "you don't know what your doing" is just so apt for LJ, he would play Bas Savage or even Lily Savage if he could.

spot on, he's chucking in anyone and everyone in any position to try to save his job - the guy hasn't got the faintest idea what he's doing and the most annoying thing, is after every damn game, he's so happy and carefree - not a care in the world!

Archived