IGNORED

Managerial Candidates

tinman85

Chatting to some fellow city fans and mates, reckon that Gus Poyet be a great appointment as would Rowett or Adkins/Rosler.

Problem is I can't see Poyet wanting to leave the Chinese League

Get Billy Davies or Adkins in to season end. Boot out LJ, JP and DH together and see where we are  

Still think we outbid Cardiff for Mr Warnock. Like him or loathe him we would not be in this position if we went for him last February. 

6 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Warnock signed a new contract at Cardiff last week.

The board should apologise to SC and get him back until the end of the season and see what happens. Nobody else half-decent is going to want to join us now.

Short term. Long term . :laugh: 

15 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Chatting to some fellow city fans and mates, reckon that Gus Poyet be a great appointment as would Rowett or Adkins/Rosler.

Problem is I can't see Poyet wanting to leave the Chinese League

Get Billy Davies or Adkins in to season end. Boot out LJ, JP and DH together and see where we are  

Still think we outbid Cardiff for Mr Warnock. Like him or loathe him we would not be in this position if we went for him last February. 

Why are you discussing alternatives when you've already, repeatedly, said that LJ is here for the next decade?

A bit pointless, no?

24 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

This is not somebody I want as manager, but what has happened to Mark Robins? Wasn't he the one, rumoured, that SL wanted when we appointed Cotts?

Jesus christ im sure you are right as well. Forgot about that. Shows what an absolute joker SL is when it comes to appointing  managers!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

The board should apologise to SC and get him back until the end of the season and see what happens. Nobody else half-decent is going to want to join us now.

Apologise to SC, what for?

A good lower league manager, went to sign players out of our league. Polar opposite to LJ flogged the same team week after week and took some hammerings in the process.  Out of his depth at this level. 

Realistically we are an unfashionable team and club with no consistent pedigree at this level.

Options are limited, you either attract a young inexperienced manager with no pedigree at this level (LJ) take a gamble on a journey man manager whose done the lower leagues (SC), look overseas for a manager which is a risk. Alternatively look to attract a big name, there comes the problem. As mentioned we have no pedigree so potentially a risk move for a big name and would want a significant salary and war chest for signings. 

IMO there is no sure fire recipe for success. Pearson failed at Derby and Steve McClaren isn't really smashing out the park. Steve Bruce has had a stuttering start at Villa given the £70 million spent. Who ever the next city manager is they are likely to be here less than two seasons. 

Perhaps the reason LJ is in the job, even still, is no-one wants the poisoned chalice?

I really am flabbergasted by SL. We had a manager who won the double, a title and delivered great football... did not back and sacked six months later. But LJ, achieved naff all gets all the patience in the world... seriously Steve, what is wrong with you? Put your ego aside. Stop being a megalomaniac, appreciate your limitations, and sign the cheques but stay away: assure you it'll save you in the long term. 

The only logic for LJ being here is the alternatives are not worth their contract. Ask yourself why are we so unattractive. We've spent £15m this year, we've backed a chap through our worst run ever, and we are STILL unattractive. 

I am so grateful of SL but for gods sake man, lock yourself in a dark room and mull that over. 

15 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I find myself repeatedly saying this:

Paul Tisdale

The new Dario Gradi is working just down the road for a pittance.

Hope not as Dario gradi is currently suspended for being  involved in sex abuse scandal or at worse covering it up 'allegedly '!    

19 minutes ago, swanker said:

Oh no!

Oh yes!

18 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He's underling.how much he has to.do.at Exeter and how capable he is.

And he is.

Tisdale for City; we should have appointed him.rather than LJ.

59 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

I like this is idea, don't think it will ever happen though.

SC is a motivator and just needs to work with our squad, which is much stronger than we he left the club.

Archived