IGNORED

Announcement at 5.30pm today

Swede

10 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

Cant believe he would be sacked today... this was meant to have happened last week and two games later LJ remains. I reckon, LJ will be in post for our first game in League One..... :( 

.....and our first game in Europe, remember.

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I'm now lost on what a position being "Untenable" means. 

One of the worst managerial /coaching records in the game and the vast majority (imo) of all fans believe LJ isn't  right for us and want him to leave, even if we stay up. Isn't that untenable?

This is one of the things I find most frustrating of all.  Even if by some small miracle we do survive, Johnson has proven himself incapable of getting anywhere near par from a reasonably capable squad of players.  Furthermore he has given no one any reason to think he should be trusted to spend any more money in the summer.  Our fate in the coming months has almost become inconsequential to his future; whether we stay up or not, far too much damage has already been done.  So why keep him a moment longer?  It's the most infuriating situation I can remember in my 30 years following this club.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Well done on giving such a fair and measured response.

@Swede's posting history suggests to me he is a pretty sensible and balanced poster - he hasn't promised anything, he's just passed on what he's heard.  At least give him a chance to be wrong before being quite so insulting towards someone you don't actually know.

I will very happily eat more humble pie than you could offer me if its true.  We've all heard endless rumours and crap on the subject for weeks now and frankly its just tedious and all it does is raise hopes.  If you find what I said insulting, then I apologise - I could have said a lot worse!  Lets wait and see what happens.

6 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

One of the worst managerial /coaching records in the game and the vast majority (imo) of all fans believe LJ isn't  right for us and want him to leave, even if we stay up. Isn't that untenable?

Untenable is lost on the club hierarchy. They think it refers to ten consecutive defeats. Eight is okay. Ten? Well that's taking the pass (spillchock edit).

1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

Fair enough, but why just chuck this in and then go awol ?

Just after posting,the men in white coats arrived,and you can't type a reply in a straight jacket.

a theory or argument is untenable, it cannot besupported or defended againstcriticism.

I'm now lost on what a position being "Untenable" means

Untenable means no longer needing to wear panty liners.

2 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Fair enough, but why just chuck this in and then go awol ?

Maybe life got in the way of the forum?!  I'm half-joking; I do agree that's a bit strange, but nonetheless such a response wasn't called for and I'm willing to give Swede the benefit of the doubt.

2 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Probably the annual results or something

'Look, we've lost only £5m this year, the BS model is working.'

Probably announcing the great conservation effort of the white elephant at bs3

7 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Probably the annual results or something

'Look, we've lost only £5m this year, the BS model is working.'

4 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Nothing says it like BS. I'm thinking of getting a T-Shirt with that tagline. Any takers? :shifty:

BS as in Bristol Sport or Bullshit?

Or both? To speak of one is to speak of the other?

Edit: Dammit @CotswoldRed you took my joke... grrr. :P

2 minutes ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

what a load of shite this forum is.......3 pages on a posters rumour .....  it gets worse and worse....   would be great to see three pages on a get behind the team and help get out of the shit thread but I suppose that's not a worthy cause.... 

You know where the start new topic button is. Try pressing it

Archived