IGNORED

Pemberton gone?

Kid in the Riot

To be honest he's been a part of this shambolic form we find ourselves in, and if he has been coaching the defence (as rumoured on here), then he clearly was doing something wrong. That being said, all three of them should be shown the door.

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

They have suppressed the Des Taylor story seemingly. Someone had to 'pay' for the Matty Taylor transfer. 

Des Taylor had nothing to do with the Matty Taylor transfer.

I have heard from good authority that City were alerted to Matty's 'potential availability' from someone outside of our club.

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

They have suppressed the Des Taylor story seemingly. Someone had to 'pay' for the Matty Taylor transfer. 

Which is odd because you'd assume he has a replacement in place.. well you'd hope.. that they'd want to publicise as a key hire. They were very happy to #AnnounceDes and give him an interview back in the summer but now there's absolute silence on his departure. 

We have the internet now, do the club really think that sort of information (and Pemberton's now deleted tweet) can be kept quiet? It's patronising and naive.

38 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

The club has become shambolic over the past few months.

The only man to show some passion on the sidelines was JP. Obvioulsy his face dosent fit, or he has told LJ a few home truths about the way the team is set up.

Ive had a bollocks full now, how unsettleing is that before such a massive game tonight?????

What a great way to say on a forum that you have come out of the closet(apologies if you are female) and regardless of gender hope you had a good time.

16 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I reckon the players would make a better fist of it without our coaches .

Football is a simple game complicated by idiots .

Has crossed my mind how the players would do without the management staff and left to play by themselves.

30 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

This reaction is insane.

We are crap at the moment. The two with the most influence, are the manager, and the assistant manager. Why the **** is Pembo getting such a love-in and LJ hated? Bearing in mind that not one of us have the slightest clue what it's like behind closed doors, and none of us have any idea as to his competency as a coach.

Thoroughly nice bloke mind, just making a point. It seems dance and look passionate on the sidelines and that's enough for City fans to make an accurate judgment as to your coaching abilities. Absolute nonsense.

We're crap, and he has to face the criticism just like LJ does. Football fans are simple at times...

Have you forgotten one particular season? When we won the the double? Pemberton was a huge part of that success and deserves a lot more respect than he's been given by the club. 

Not forgetting last season where he took over as interim manager and made us play with freedom again. He's got a lot of respect from me!

He's much better off leaving this sorry shite.

All the best Pembo with your future!

If Pembo has resigned then I would not blame him but if sacked it's disgusting when we have the other clown as head coach.

Dont be taken in by this defensive coach nonsense as who is coaching the anonymous midfield? Who is coaching the strikers? The team should be coached as a whole and the buck always lies at the head coaches feet, if advice is not taken by your support coaches then you can't sack them for it.

What a farce.

33 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

If this is true they have got rid of the wrong one. Lee and holden should go first.  Good luck John hope you and your family have a very happy future. You will always be remembered. Thank you.

Indeed.

There is something seriously wrong at the club atm.

Worrying times.

13 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Des Taylor had nothing to do with the Matty Taylor transfer.

I have heard from good authority that City were alerted to Matty's 'potential availability' from someone outside of our club.

Yes - the release clause was mentioned on the Rovers' forum months ago!

5 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Have you forgotten one particular season? When we won the the double? Pemberton was a huge part of that success and deserves a lot more respect than he's been given by the club. 

Not forgetting last season where he took over as interim manager and made us play with freedom again. He's got a lot of respect from me!

He's much better off leaving this sorry shite.

All the best Pembo with your future!

You're contradicting yourself massively here....

So in your eyes, it's fair to praise him massively for the double season, but not fair to criticise him heavily for this season? And that playing with freedom? He won one game, drew one and lost two.

Make your mind up mate

57 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

How about a chant of 'One John Pemberton'- has the dual effect of getting fans support across and of expressing dissatisfaction with the current manager and indeed is an expression of discontent at how the club is being run.

How about not, eh?  There may be all sorts of reasons why Pemberton is leaving, if he is.  You don't know enough to be able to see this as an indicator of how the club is being run.  Until someone presents any facts we should reserve judgement - but of course it won't happen.

1 minute ago, nebristolred said:

You're contradicting yourself massively here....

So in your eyes, it's fair to praise him massively for the double season, but not fair to criticise him heavily for this season? And that playing with freedom? He won one game, drew one and lost two.

Make your mind up mate

'Dancing and passionate on the sidelines' seems enough to make judgment about somebody's coaching abilities is what you said..

2 trophies says you're wrong mate.

31 minutes ago, nellie said:

but if he has been sacked he should be able to do what he wants 

Not as simple as that, final payments and confidentiality clauses etc.

The "sacking" of a football manager or coach in no way relates to a similar situation in a normal workplace.

15 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

'Dancing and passionate on the sidelines' seems enough to make judgment about somebody's coaching abilities is what you said..

2 trophies says you're wrong mate.

I clearly said that in jest about the perspective of others, not myself! I'm not claiming he's a bad coach, and just saying he's not necessarily a good one.

Youre claiming he's very good, and our worst record in history and relegation zone suggests YOU'RE wrong.

25 minutes ago, LC_ said:

I'm not entirely concerned about Pemberton going, the whole management team needs moving on. If he goes as the scapegoat and Jr keeps his job, then I'm done.

Agree that in these circumstances they all need to go, you can't tinker around. They are ALL culpable in creating this mess.

If this is true and Millen or AN Other coach comes in as a new number 2 then SL is taking a massive risk and smacks of saving LJ at any cost.

6 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

I said that in jest you muppet. I'm not claiming he's a bad coach, and just saying he's not necessarily a good one.

Youre claiming he's very good, and our worst record in history and relegation zone suggests YOU'RE wrong.

Touchy lad.

I've only come on here to congratulate Pembo's work at the club, you can't take that away from him. 

I just didn't agree with you, no need for the insults.

12 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Look at the success we had with Pembo here with Cotts. Now look what's happened since LJ took over. 

Absolute joke and if Millen comes anywhere near a coaching role, that's me done for the rest of the season. 

Look at the Championship record with Pembo... One good half of a season, two poor halfs of a season. 

Look at how we've done in the Championship with Millen, play off final! 

Archived