IGNORED

Pemberton gone?

Kid in the Riot

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

So it appears that Pembo gets the knife in the back because he fell out / didn't agree with the clown Head Coach

Surely he needed to be promoted not sacked

He needed to be knighted. Truth hurts . And some people can't handle the truth 

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Don't think it will quell rumour because we want to know why he was sacked . Really does seem more and more like a dictatorship . How has it got to this :sad26:

I speak as a non-LJ fan and as someone who thinks he club has seriously mishandled this BUT:

Apart from the tiny number of fan-owned clubs, every professional football club in England is a "dictatorship". Since when have fans decided the hiring and firing of managers, let alone their assistants?

That has always been the prerogative of the guys who pour their millions in. I can't blame them. If I'd spent a fortune on the club I'd want my word to carry weight. 

Of course, it's not just football clubs. I own my company 100% and I decide who I hire and fire.  We don't all sit about and have a vote on it.  If that makes me Idi Amin, so be it. I stand or fall on my decisions.  

18 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:
farce
fɑːs/
noun

1. a comic dramatic work using buffoonery and horseplay and typically including crude characterization and ludicrously improbable situations.

Can you post the definition of tragedy?  Struggling on my phone!

22 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

So it appears that Pembo gets the knife in the back because he fell out / didn't agree with the clown Head Coach

Surely he needed to be promoted not sacked

Seems like all the plotters and dissidents will be bumped off,don't mess with the man in the wolfs lair (Guernsey Branch) :gaah:

3 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Don't suppose this could be quietly 'clearing the decks' before a 'big announcement' of a new top man coming in complete with all the back room staff of his choosing... ?

Anyone coming in now would need to hit the ground running - if he's gonna save this season...  wouldn't have much time to sort out 'sitting tenants' good or bad ... so better to be moving into an empty house with all his 'own furnishings' lock stock and barrel would be a good starting point ... a manager with his own left and right hand men ready to concentrate on sorting out the stock and stock room (squad and dressing room) quickly re merchandising everything and get the key things in order... and ready to go..

Maybe a 'complete' management team' are already in the wings ready to be announced and moved in?

There would only be one 'club announcement' then along the lines of ..

"Head coach leaving with immediate effect, joining assistant coaches and backroom staff who have already left club in recent days...we welcome  new manager (insert name) and Co ..  who we're delighted to announce have joined us, and are in place and raring to get started as of now!'' 

(followed by the usual 'thanks for everything, we wish them all the best for futures etc ' for the outgoing regime)

Are we quietly 'clearing the decks' perhaps? ... ahead of a 'biggie' ?

Love this . Keeps me hoping and cheerful albeit maybe to be disappointed . Never mind , good to look on  bright side 

3 minutes ago, Redstreet said:

Tragedy : where the fates conspire and are responsible and nobody takes the  blame 

Wow, misheard lyrics or what? I always thought it was

Tragedy
When the feeling's gone and you can't go on
It's tragedy
When the morning cries and you don't know why
It's hard to bear
With no one to love you, you're
Goin' nowhere

If it is to be announced after the game, this is a bizarre decision by the club.  Imagine (not very hard) we lose tonight, is it really going to help matters to announce that one of the assistant head coaches has been relived of his duties?  It'll be little Lee's blood we'd want!

This is a worse decision than keeping them all - I can't see how Pembo can be singled out, unless it's not for non performance reasons (i.e not on the LJ bus).  If Lee only want's yes men to assist him, he won't last long anywhere.

Archived