IGNORED

Pemberton gone?

Kid in the Riot

Bristol City FC can confirm assistant head coach John Pemberton has been relieved of his duties. 

Jamie McAllister has subsequently been promoted to the first-team coaching staff. 

The former left-back and 2007 promotion winner rejoined the club last summer and has made a positive start to life as Under-23 coach. 

McAllister made 210 appearances for the club in a six-year spell and everyone would like to wish him well in his new role. 

Meanwhile, the club also announces head of scouting Des Taylor has left the club.

Probably the most classless statement possible.

So Jamie is doing ok with the U23s and seems to have a clue what he's doing so they moved him up so he can help Lee - or should we say, Jamie is a better head coach than Lee so has been drafted in to "help" Lee. How embarassing....

8 hours ago, Olé said:

He's just deleted his tweet. Probably the club's spin department has rolled into action and demanded to put the story out first.

8 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Hmm. ..yeah they've kinda missed the boat on that one!

How could the club hold off on an announcement about Pembo when it would be clear for all to see that he wasn't in the dugout tonight? They have to announce it before tonight's game to avoid looking even more amateurish than they already do.

5 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Farewell Pembo. Thanks for the memories.

@AdamB as Head of Comms, I'm sorry but you really ought to be looking at rectifying this. You work in PR. At the moment, you are caught between a rock and a hard place. Tough I know. 

You need to realise that this blanket silence is making things worse. It's been leaked and has been for hours. Rumours are snowballing and getting further and further outlandish. 

Tensions are running high and this continued ignorance also makes you look amateur. A simple short statement from the club would quell rumours and take some control back to the communication dept. 

Just a thought.

I imagine they will make announcement's before the game to take yet more heat out the situation at AG - it seems strange though because AdamB denied the rumours yesterday didn't he?

1 minute ago, ploppy said:

I'm beginning to despise everything this club stands for. They're all a bunch of pricks 

Everyone is to blame but the wonder boy , it makes me sick and means he's going nowhere even if we get hammered tonight , pricks is right!

8 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Have you seen the Tweet from Alistair Durden?

Yes and like I've already said, if it is indeed true then fair enough but I don't see what your problem is in someone not really believing rumour and speculation especially from this forum given the rubbish which has been posted recently...

I'd just like to see it made official and move on

1 minute ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Yes and like I've already said, if it is indeed true then fair enough but I don't see what your problem is in someone not really believing rumour and speculation especially from this forum given the rubbish which has been posted recently...

I'd just like to see it made official and move on

I suggest you check www.bcfc.co.uk

1 minute ago, swanker said:

the worse left back I ever saw in a red shirt, what's he gonna coach them how to kick the ball straight into the crowd !!

Sorry, but that is complete nonsense.

I have no idea at all of his qualities as a coach but he was part of the back four that got to the playoff final in a side where the top scorer had 8 goals, he was a very good defender.

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Wouldn't that be absolutely fantastic?!  So-called fans on this forum foaming at the mouth about how the dastardly Lee Johnson, curling his moustache and cackling demonically, has done for the saintly and rather wonderful Pembo, and it was all untrue!!  Wouldn't that be just too marvellous for words?  Oh please, please let it be made up!!

Enjoy the fall from your high horse :disapointed2se:

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Quite right.

2 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Enjoy the fall from your high horse :disapointed2se:

Exactly why though? Alot of the rumours posted here is generally shite... I don't know why its exactly hard to understand when I said I'll wait till its official.

Its on the official site, fair enough and I'll move on

Archived