IGNORED

Pemberton gone?

Kid in the Riot

All very mysterious. It seems strange that Pemberton is the fall guy with LJ and Holden remaining - there must be quite a lot going on behind the scenes but it is pretty baffling. All is not well and  certainly not a sense of pulling together.

54 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Genuinely upset. 

Pembo has gone and been treated with contempt. No thanks, no good lucks, nothing. Regardless what he may or may not have done re Tomlin, doesn't he deserve a bit of recognition?

Des Taylor - also nothing.

I'm gobsmacked.

I never once thought that BCFC would do this. 

I wanted @AdamB to put a statement out which he now has. But to leave it so devoid of the usual platitudes that every other person gets has really got to me.

Pembo and Taylor might have left sour notes in LJ and SL's mouths but they haven't in ours. 

Any respect for SL with me has just been flushed down the bog!!!! This is not our club anymore!!! Three generations of my family have been fans, SL, you have well and truly ****** up my history. Many thanks you idiot!! Oh, and ban we if you wish, I don't ******* care!!!

The official story is utterly classless but also consistent with the revisionist rubbish the current hierarchy is responsible for.

Whether or not there is a reason for Pemberton to leave, the handling is pathetic and the remaining senior staff are closing rank something akin to the last days of Gaddafi.

I know for a fact McAlllister is a good bloke but way over his head, this is utter jobs for the boys and the paying public get a few lines of spin from the Johnson Ashton Lansdown PR vehicle.

This has ceased to be our club and has become a play thing for a group of blokes who between them have won nothing. 

6 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

As Dolly said on twitter why on earth no thank you? After the great support he has given. Disgusting way to treat a loyal servant whilst the main problem remains! 

My thoughts are because he's been sacked maybe he did something to cause him to be sacked? Therefore no thank yous etc. Unfortunately we are never going to know.

I was supportive of replacing him but replacing him with JMC is a absolute piss take.

If the throat grabbing incident is true, maybe the club had little choice other than dismissal, think Clarkson/TopGear/BBC.

I just hope Pembo had an opportunity and took it to grab some others by the collars and ram a few home truths down some throats before leaving... and that those on the receiving end have taken note and maybe one or two things will improve around the place as a result.

Can't imagine that after his time around the club its hierarchy and personnel that Pembo hasn't formed a few opinions of his own about things ... hope he got 'em off his chest before walking out the door with his head held high.

Good Luck Pembo ... :) 

Absolute shambles. What on earth is happening to our club?? 

I've never known anything like it, a manager to stay in charge, with the clubs worst run in its history under his belt, but OTHERS get the flack and sacked. Unbelievable. 

19 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

My thoughts are because he's been sacked maybe he did something to cause him to be sacked? Therefore no thank yous etc. Unfortunately we are never going to know.

I was supportive of replacing him but replacing him with JMC is a absolute piss take.

Do you still have total faith in our illustrious leader then? Don't sound like it to me!!

Just seen the statement. Pemberton has give three years service to the club, including a promotion and a cup, and started our recovery last season. The professional response is to thank him for his contribution irrespective of the circumstances surrounding his departure. I'm absolutely disgusted.

Shame on you City, shame on you.

@AdamB

I appreciate what Steve Lansdown has done for this club and the time and resources he has put in and I've always accepted that, for all his mistakes, he wants what is best for the club. Or, at least, I had until tonight.

But this statement is a disgrace and, it seems to me, the final proof that SL and the board are willing to risk running the club into the ground rather than admitting a managerial appointment has not worked out. Unless JP has done something utterly terrible - and there is no reason to believe he has - then, no matter what the board or LJ think of him, they should have had the judgement to realise that JP was popular with the fans and sacking him with this sort of statement makes the club look awful. 

We (including me) have been preoccupied with first impressions and assumptions for the delay in going public, reasons for dismissal and the apparent matter of fact, gratitude less, statement of staff changes.

It all seems a bit odd if the only reason was due to a rumoured hands on bust up with a player....

I just have a nagging feeling that there may well be some thing more to all this. The fact we all seem incredulous at the clubs apparent handling of it by way of its public statement indicates our prior belief that 'our club' wouldn't normally do things this way...

I hope we haven't all been a bit hasty in condemning the clubs actions (non of us are exactly happy with anything right now, so its understandable perhaps that many have been quick to do so) what if there are deeper less savoury reasons for resent events? Things that in hindsight becomes clear and means the clubs behaviour has perhaps been correct? Maybe there could be legal reasons .. who knows.

I've no reason to be thinking this way, no idea if anything is other than we've surmised so far, maybe the condemnation of the club in this matter is fully justified ... but I can't help this feeling of unease, what if, etc...

Maybe best to reserved judgement in case further light is shed on the situation in the fullness of time?

If there is nothing more to this case than already meets the eye - then the club is shamefully out of order in its treatment of people.

Just thoughts, that's all..

58 minutes ago, cityironman said:

Do you still have total faith in our illustrious leader then? Don't sound like it to me!!

Who said I had total faith in him?

Check my recent postings and you won't see any posts that suggest I have total faith in him. Im 100% on the fence but accept thr board ain't going to sack him.

Archived