IGNORED

Annoying twonks

freezer

Just wondering if anyone else has annoying twonks with season tickets sat by them.

We do unfortunately. And if we do renew will have to consider moving seats. I accept the 'passion' and that the football is a place to let some steam off, but to constantly berate certain City players all game long, whether they have the ball or not does wear you down. 

Also, why constantly shout at the officials, call them ' the C word ', it's not like they're going to stop the game and ask you for your valued opinion.

Is it just that we're unlucky where we're sat?

So my question is, who has twonks sat directly in front, behind or to the side of them. Or within earshot.

I know it's especially frustrating at the moment but this has been a season long problem and I'll be having words soon .

By the way, I am vocal sometimes too but not hopefully in a repetitive twonk manner. 

12 minutes ago, freezer said:

Just wondering if anyone else has annoying twonks with season tickets sat by them.

We do unfortunately. And if we do renew will have to consider moving seats. I accept the 'passion' and that the football is a place to let some steam off, but to constantly berate certain City players all game long, whether they have the ball or not does wear you down. 

Also, why constantly shout at the officials, call them ' the C word ', it's not like they're going to stop the game and ask you for your valued opinion.

Is it just that we're unlucky where we're sat?

So my question is, who has twonks sat directly in front, behind or to the side of them. Or within earshot.

I know it's especially frustrating at the moment but this has been a season long problem and I'll be having words soon .

By the way, I am vocal sometimes too but not hopefully in a repetitive twonk manner. 

I have three people behind me who give a running commentary of the game. Highly annoying.

They also like to state incorrect facts time and time again.

Their opinions also change with the wind, one game a certain player could be absolute trash to them and the following week that player could have a good game and they will say remember last week when I said how great he was, like seriously wtf??

I sometimes take my headphones and listen to Radio Bristol just so I dont have to listen to them.

Last season when we had to sit in the South Stand we had a gang of lads behind us who spent most of the game laughing and joking about every single thing that had happened to them the night before.

Most of their football related conversation was stuff I'd read on here during the previous week.

Ive spent this season sat next to an old boy who has grumbled constantly from day one - not just when we have been losing, but back when we were riding high.

Amazingly, he feels we should stick with LJ even if we go down.

Takes all sorts.

When I was at the rugby the other week in my usual seat I had some different people sat behind me than usual. Great I thought. Until this lot started talking about the price of housing rents and then mortgages and then bank loans and anything else to do with money.

I got up and moved because it annoyed me so much. I go to a sporting event to escape from all that crap for a couple of hours every week. I don't want to be reminded that Utility bills are rising or what not. 

36 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I have three people behind me who give a running commentary of the game. Highly annoying.

They also like to state incorrect facts time and time again.

Their opinions also change with the wind, one game a certain player could be absolute trash to them and the following week that player could have a good game and they will say remember last week when I said how great he was, like seriously wtf??

I sometimes take my headphones and listen to Radio Bristol just so I dont have to listen to them.

Blimey. You don't sit in Dolman 31 do you?

We have three blokes behind who send out an endless stream of drivel.  I don't think any of them has ever played football at above primary school level. One bloke just does not stop talking for 90+ minutes 

Sample comment: " Oh look, Cotterell is on the left. This is why the players get confused. He has to swap them about every 5 minutes."

Actual occurrence: Cotterell is running back into position after taking a corner which you obviously didn't notice! :facepalm:

The only good thing about potential relegation will be that those three clowns may not renew....

Against Fulham we had two total goons taking the place of absent season ticket holders. It made me realise I've actually been quite lucky this season.

First time since August that I've actually thought of getting up and moving away from 'fans'. My eyes kept drifting to the empty seats in the upper Lansdown thinking how great it would be to be up there or even better to relocate the knuckle-draggers away from us.

Bring back terraces - & the choice to stand where and with whom you want... Fixed seat 'all seaters'  have ruined 'the beautiful game' experience for countless fans. Traditional seated grandstands and standing terraces were great, offering choice of experience for all... why not do the same now but with seats?

Maybe all seaters with designated season ticket reserved numbered seating areas.. and season ticket/potd sit anywhere first come first served seating areas are the best compromise? ... even better when safe-standing comes in :fingerscrossed:

Nothing worse than getting stuck and lumbered with a seat that's constantly ruined by 'neighbours from hell' and realising that's yer lot for an entire season after coughing up good money for the privilege.

Its bad enough putting up with the shite on the field and from the 'head coach' without having to suffer earache from inconsiderate idiots all game too.

4 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Against Fulham we had two total goons taking the place of absent season ticket holders. It made me realise I've actually been quite lucky this season.

First time since August that I've actually thought of getting up and moving away from 'fans'. My eyes kept drifting to the empty seats in the upper Lansdown thinking how great it would be to be up there or even better to relocate the knuckle-draggers away from us.

had the pleasure the other week of having one leg either side of the of the half way line what an f in view is it worth an extra £200 yes but I won't be paying it.

Pretty good round us it has to be said. Most are knowledgeable and aren`t either total happy clappers or permanent slaggers - off. It makes a change from when I was in the Atyeo TBH when I spent season after season sat in front of the same stupid cow who picked who she was going to hate at the start of the season and stuck with it no matter how they played.

To illustrate how long that went on for, the first player I can remember her screeching fishwife voice abusing was Matt Hewlett!

Away at Villa I had a youngish bloke sat next to me and he constantly berated Wilbraham from heading, not heading, not trying it went on and on.

The pinnacle for me was in the second half was when he demanded Tomlin came onto replace Wilbraham as he assured everyone around us he was the best at heading the ball at the club. 

Deluded

What really got me was a few weeks back I had a numpty sat next to me in a bloody Man U shirt moaning on about how this player or that player wasn't as good as Rooney. In the end, I lost it and told him to #### off and go watch Man U instead.

That's definitely the last time I go to Old Trafford.

8 hours ago, Up The City! said:

When I was at the rugby the other week in my usual seat I had some different people sat behind me than usual. Great I thought. Until this lot started talking about the price of housing rents and then mortgages and then bank loans and anything else to do with money.

I got up and moved because it annoyed me so much. I go to a sporting event to escape from all that crap for a couple of hours every week. I don't want to be reminded that Utility bills are rising or what not. 

Was there a bearded guy , not so tall , amongst them ? 

1 hour ago, Mad Cyril said:

What really got me was a few weeks back I had a numpty sat next to me in a bloody Man U shirt moaning on about how this player or that player wasn't as good as Rooney. In the end, I lost it and told him to #### off and go watch Man U instead.

That's definitely the last time I go to Old Trafford.

:clap:

1 hour ago, Beni71 said:

Away at Villa I had a youngish bloke sat next to me and he constantly berated Wilbraham from heading, not heading, not trying it went on and on.

The pinnacle for me was in the second half was when he demanded Tomlin came onto replace Wilbraham as he assured everyone around us he was the best at heading the ball at the club. 

Deluded

Ah , LJ can be a bit wearing .

Few next to me are always 5-10 minutes late, have 3 toilet breaks between them first half, leave a few minutes before half time for a pie, return 5 minutes late after the second half kicks off, have a further 3 toilet breaks on average second half and then leave before injury time.

Worked out okay for them considering our season but I'm constantly up and down and it does my head in! Have moved to free seats recently, plenty of them!!

8 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Bring back terraces - & the choice to stand where and with whom you want... Fixed seat 'all seaters'  have ruined 'the beautiful game' experience for countless fans. Traditional seated grandstands and standing terraces were great, offering choice of experience for all... why not do the same now but with seats?

Maybe all seaters with designated season ticket reserved numbered seating areas.. and season ticket/potd sit anywhere first come first served seating areas are the best compromise? ... even better when safe-standing comes in :fingerscrossed:

Nothing worse than getting stuck and lumbered with a seat that's constantly ruined by 'neighbours from hell' and realising that's yer lot for an entire season after coughing up good money for the privilege.

Its bad enough putting up with the shite on the field and from the 'head coach' without having to suffer earache from inconsiderate idiots all game too.

Absolutely right. I couldn't agree more with the bit I've put in bold. My City-going experience got much worse when they put seats in the enclosure. Over a few years from about 1984 we'd got to know a loose group of maybe 20 people, most of whom we never saw anywhere else, but who made for an entertaining 90 minutes, regardless of the quality of the football. Whatever time you got to the ground you could work your way to where that group stood near the tunnel.  As there were generally two of us who went to the game together, having a group to meet up with if one of us couldn't make it made going to the game alone much more appealing. 

Once the seats went in, even though they were unreserved if I remember correctly, the group couldn't all get together - unless we'd all got to our seats by about 2.30, I suppose, but that would be a pain. So the group drifted apart and I haven't seen most of them since the mid 1990s.

9 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

I see a lad about 18 who claps off every player at the end of each half like his life depends on it.

We could lose 20-0 and he would still clap bless him 

There are a group of 6-8 teenagers ( 14-16 yr old) who sit in the same row as me. They arrive early and never leave early and always back the team very similar to your lad.

It's actually nice to know that we've got many young fans like this.

2 hours ago, Beni71 said:

Deluded

I know him, I had a go at him the other week when he started the same sort of chat, he burst into tears!

Whats wrong with 6 year olds these days?

Archived