IGNORED

Annoying twonks

freezer

11 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I have three people behind me who give a running commentary of the game. Highly annoying.

They also like to state incorrect facts time and time again.

Their opinions also change with the wind, one game a certain player could be absolute trash to them and the following week that player could have a good game and they will say remember last week when I said how great he was, like seriously wtf??

I sometimes take my headphones and listen to Radio Bristol just so I dont have to listen to them.

Got to be the South stand Block S20 row 22 :facepalm:

11 hours ago, Spoons said:

The bloke next to me doesn't blame LJ he blames.... Mark little!! For everything !!

He could have a point.

Mark Little goes on to be City's manager season 2024/25, when we finally go into the National League.

In his defence, we have some great scraps with FGR in both 2025/26 and 2026/27, including a notable double over them in 2026/27.

Sometimes we are too quick to criticise the critics.

Just saying.

:yes:

Right.

A 'twonk' (noun) in an informal term meaning: a stupid or foolish person.

According to the urban dictionary, it is a derogatory term roughly equal to 'idiot'. It is more insulting than 'berk' but less insulting than 'gimp'.

It has a Victorian origin associated with a 'lower-class foreigner'**

Other origins give is as much later - the 1980's, and a blend of twit / **** / plonker.

Hope this helps?

tfj

P.S. ** If this is correct, expect a slap on the legs from our moderating team, if they are not busy elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Right.

A 'twonk' (noun) in an informal term meaning: a stupid or foolish person.

According to the urban dictionary, it is a derogatory term roughly equal to 'idiot'. It is more insulting than 'berk' but less insulting than 'gimp'.

It has a Victorian origin associated with a 'lower-class foreigner'**

Other origins give is as much later - the 1980's, and a blend of twit / **** / plonker.

Hope this helps?

tfj

P.S. ** If this is correct, expect a slap on the legs from our moderating team, if they are not busy elsewhere.

So many insults, either in jest/semi-jest or with more vitriol doing the rounds on OTIB at the mo, I thought I'd give it a Spartacus flavour. I do however regularly offer referees the free use of my glasses...............

What gets to me are the people who constantly moan that we're playing the "long" ball and should be playing it out from the back,and when we are losing or  drawing with 5 minutes left,scream and bawl "get it forward".

1 minute ago, Andy Horsman said:

So many insults, either in jest/semi-jest or with more vitriol doing the rounds on OTIB at the mo, I thought I'd give it a Spartacus flavour. I do however regularly offer referees the free use of my glasses...............

I am really worried about the link to foreign people.

This is potentially non-PC and must be stamped out on OTIB before we get a reputation for being moronic bigots.

This can not be allowed to happen.

:disapointed2se:

tfj  :dunno:

I guess I would fall into the category of twonk and wouldn't be surprised if somebody was describing me on this thread!

I do running commentary, I scream and shout. Often with obscenities when I see ineptitude from the officials and or players. I probably shout 'push ref' a lot as I see it all the time. I try not to have scapegoats but have had them in the past (Torpey, Mcindoe)

I am aware of all this and actually go into every game thinking I will give everyone a break this game and stay quiet and calm. Unfortunately this rarely lasts as ineptitude rules, especially at the moment.

I apologise if I ruin anyone's enjoyment but I am always too invested emotionally and no matter how I try always will be.

And let's remember, atmospheres aren't built on quiet and calm!

2 minutes ago, Red Finesse said:

I guess I would fall into the category of twonk and wouldn't be surprised if somebody was describing me on this thread!

I do running commentary, I scream and shout. Often with obscenities when I see ineptitude from the officials and or players. I probably shout 'push ref' a lot as I see it all the time. I try not to have scapegoats but have had them in the past (Torpey, Mcindoe)

I am aware of all this and actually go into every game thinking I will give everyone a break this game and stay quiet and calm. Unfortunately this rarely lasts as ineptitude rules, especially at the moment.

I apologise if I ruin anyone's enjoyment but I am always too invested emotionally and no matter how I try always will be.

And let's remember, atmospheres aren't built on quiet and calm!

Do NOT apologise for being human.

:hug:

tfj  :protest:

1 hour ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I used to sit near someone who shouted "time" at the top of their voice, nearly every time a City player received a ball.

I soon tired of the people around me who would respond 3:15!

5 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

We keep a stopwatch on the bloke behind to see how long it takes for him to start moaning.

This season's record stands at 1 minute 30 seconds.

:gaah:

10 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Few sit in front of us in the SS, can't work out which has the incredibly bad odour every game.  Not arm pits, something more sinister and nasty.

:gasmask:

30 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

We keep a stopwatch on the bloke behind to see how long it takes for him to start moaning.

This season's record stands at 1 minute 30 seconds.

Perhaps he is merely having sex with himself?

1 minute 30 hey? Lucky bugger.

Archived