IGNORED

pathetic babies pretending to be fans

39 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

A lot of people on here do need to man up! Just accept that Johnson is here until the summer (wrongly) and that he will then be sacked regardless of what league are in! A new manager now wouldn't have time to make a difference-there is no magic wand 

Its a good job we ain't fighting a war. 

7 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Havent fans done that this season and followed there team in numbers all over.............and what good did it do? WE CANNOT GET ANY WORSE

Doesn't mean we shouldn't carry on supporting the team though.

Thank goodness social media wasn't invented back in the early 80s when City were dropping down the leagues.

36 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

You really are quite young I assume, if not your memory has got weak. It has been far far worse and as for protest it is nothing more than a tickle and a murmur. If I compare the past 40 years this is absolutely nothing , far from fickle in light of the results, I have seen the whole ground chanting for most of the game for a manger to be sacked and protests outside the boardroom . The only surprise is actually the lack of any notable noise or protest. In fact the support has been most impressive considering the performances and results and if anything I applaud the continued support at matches . Fans should take a lot of credit for not letting their feelings spill over into the 90 mins. Look at the amazing support at Newcastle at Villa and even Saturday when after a sigh of frustration, fans realised they had to try and lift the team and got behind them. 

If fan mentality is wrong for a relegation scrap you have to ask the question why. To go to battle you need a leader. A leader you believe in. That is not happening on the pitch so why will happen off it. 

I do agree that during the 90 mins you have to try and support the team as best you can and I hope that is the case tonight. 

You're absolutely right there's hardly been a murmur at the games, I think the OP is referring to posters on OTIB which isn't necessarily the same group of people

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Thank goodness social media wasn't invented back in the early 80s when City were dropping down the leagues.

But back then there was a reason for our demise, this has been avoidable. Also if this was going on back then it would be far far worse than the virtual stick they get on here and a few boos at fulltime.

32 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Well said BK. 

For those going tonight - get behind the team even if you have no faith in LJ. The players need us more than ever.

Well said :clapping:

16 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Havent fans done that this season and followed there team in numbers all over.............and what good did it do? WE CANNOT GET ANY WORSE

Whilst we may always be there in numbers, too many of our fans prefer to sit on their hands and wait to be entertained, rather than creating an atmosphere....

Is it any wonder our players look so bloody nervous when we play at home?

:city:

P.S. To anyone who is protesting tonight - keep yourselves safe, to everyone else, lets try and make some ******* noise tonight eh?

J

8 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

This is my main issue because the squad we have should be good enough to Finnish lower midtable  at least. Last time we went down everyone was resigned to the fact we were poor and deserved to go down. Imo that's why we are so angry because it's blatantly obvious it's one man causing this. Please explain why you still have any optimism left because I just can't see it. 

Cant say I disagree with you here Stevie. 

I posted earlier in the season that Junior "has no excuses" after the summer window but unfortunately he has truly messed it all up.

Doesnt mean tho that we shouldn't all try our best to support the players  tonight.

16 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

inIts a good job we ain't fighting a war. 

I wasn't going to mention the war, but since you have............

What shall we do, carry on with a Neville Chamberlain character or bring in a Winston Churchill. Who do we need for The Gathering Storm? I wonder what they would have done in the past? 

7 hours ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Thats what its like at bcfc right now,a lot of fans stamping their feet like little spoilt kids demanding the club sack the manager.

We are in a relegation scrap but the whole fan mentality is totally wrong for the situation in hand.

Its not just us of course its the modern way and its sh**

I hope the chairman keeps his nerve and says **** you fickle bunch.

Oi oi, looks like someone's had a shandy

Babies cry especially when they haven't been nutritionally fed by people who are inadequate as parents if you get my drift, 5 months of bad parenting has brought us here, where are ******* social services when you need them?.

As we know people like the op will be almost certainly saying tonight (even though Norwich are pants) 'did you expect us to beat them', please who the **** can we expect to beat

Thats what its like at bcfc right now,a lot of fans stamping their feet like little spoilt kids demanding the club sack the manager.

We are in a relegation scrap but the whole fan mentality is totally wrong for the situation in hand.

Don't know about "the modern way"to be fair....I've never seen so many of what I would call 'old school sticking their season card firmly into the arse pocket and turning away until there is change...these people are not naive or wet behind the ears nor are they fickle.

I've never seen opinion so set amongst amongst the hard core.they have been in amongst it before you know-but this time its different,its getting personal.....take note,Mr L.

Firstly, we should not be in a relegation scrap, having to dig out must win games against Burton.... yes, Burton. We have lost all these must win games bar Rotherham, when we did our very best to lose. We drew our cup final with Burton.... pathetic. 

Secondly, the results speak for themselves. Managers are judged on their results. 4th to 22nd in 5 months...etc I am not an advocate of changing the manager but Cotterill was dispensed with for much less and he was a double winner and created history for BCFC! Why was he not afforded this money and time... because he was not a yes man.  

Thirdly, at what point do you sack the manager or are you saying he should be backed for the remainder of his contract.

Fourthly, no settled team in March. Constant tinkering leads to inconsistency. Morale at an all time low. Double winning team sold or marginalised rather than used as the foundation to build. 

Fifthly, I lay the blame squarely at the board - they appointed LJ - a man with no relevant experience of this level without any real CV. We have an unfortunate history of appointing unproven and rookie managers. These always end in tears. LJ is no different. The board's lack of decisiveness is shocking. If we stick with LJ were are relegated based on what I am watching. It is the worst football of all the teams bar Rotherham and we have the second most losses. Watch Wigan do us on Saturday.  What concerns me is that there is no guarantee LJ could bring us back up - he has no record of doing it and plainly Barnsley's success was as much down to Heckingbottom and he has not had 15 million to spend. 

Everyone is entitled to a view but I find it very hard to see how LJ can be backed with the shit shower I have been watching (home and away) this season.  Fans will ultimately vote with their feet and not go. I did not go Saturday but have decided to go tonight to protest at what is going on. It is not being fickle it is being realistic of the mess created. Apathy ensures that we accept this mediocrity at our football club at all levels including from the owner. Real winners are ruthless - we are toothless in all respects.... 

48 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

You really are quite young I assume, if not your memory has got weak. It has been far far worse and as for protest it is nothing more than a tickle and a murmur. If I compare the past 40 years this is absolutely nothing , far from fickle in light of the results, I have seen the whole ground chanting for most of the game for a manger to be sacked and protests outside the boardroom . The only surprise is actually the lack of any notable noise or protest. In fact the support has been most impressive considering the performances and results and if anything I applaud the continued support at matches . Fans should take a lot of credit for not letting their feelings spill over into the 90 mins. Look at the amazing support at Newcastle at Villa and even Saturday when after a sigh of frustration, fans realised they had to try and lift the team and got behind them. 

If fan mentality is wrong for a relegation scrap you have to ask the question why. To go to battle you need a leader. A leader you believe in. That is not happening on the pitch so why will happen off it. 

I do agree that during the 90 mins you have to try and support the team as best you can and I hope that is the case tonight. 

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I couldn't agree more. I really am surprised when I read people saying "in all my years I've never seen us in a worse position as a club". Positive memory selection IMO. 

I also think social media is a huge part of the problem. Rumours. Fake news. Out right lies. Hysteria. Some people need to take a big step back, on both sides.

Look, I think we are better off with LJ gone, but the extremes some are going to I just don't agree with.

One thing that I can say for sure though, is that unlike many fans on here, in defence of LJ at least, regardless of ability, he hasn't given up and accepted relegation and is still in there fighting for our league status. 

Many of the fans have given up. 

Many haven't, luckily. I said it before the Villa game, when it's game day, we are behind the troops fighting the war to get us the points to stay in this league. We either get behind them, or stand by and watch the massacare. 

8 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

Firstly, we should not be in a relegation scrap, having to dig out must win games against Burton.... yes, Burton. We have lost all these must win games bar Rotherham, when we did our very best to lose. We drew our cup final with Burton.... pathetic. 

Secondly, the results speak for themselves. Managers are judged on their results. 4th to 22nd in 5 months...etc I am not an advocate of changing the manager but Cotterill was dispensed with for much less and he was a double winner and created history for BCFC! Why was he not afforded this money and time... because he was not a yes man.  

Thirdly, at what point do you sack the manager or are you saying he should be backed for the remainder of his contract.

Fourthly, no settled team in March. Constant tinkering leads to inconsistency. Morale at an all time low. Double winning team sold or marginalised rather than used as the foundation to build. 

Fifthly, I lay the blame squarely at the board - they appointed LJ - a man with no relevant experience of this level without any real CV. We have an unfortunate history of appointing unproven and rookie managers. These always end in tears. LJ is no different. The board's lack of decisiveness is shocking. If we stick with LJ were are relegated based on what I am watching. It is the worst football of all the teams bar Rotherham and we have the second most losses. Watch Wigan do us on Saturday.  What concerns me is that there is no guarantee LJ could bring us back up - he has no record of doing it and plainly Barnsley's success was as much down to Heckingbottom and he has not had 15 million to spend. 

Everyone is entitled to a view but I find it very hard to see how LJ can be backed with the shit shower I have been watching (home and away) this season.  Fans will ultimately vote with their feet and not go. I did not go Saturday but have decided to go tonight to protest at what is going on. It is not being fickle it is being realistic of the mess created. Apathy ensures that we accept this mediocrity at our football club at all levels including from the owner. Real winners are ruthless - we are toothless in all respects.... 

Where's @Septic Peg , it's a bit early I suppose but this must be a strong contender for post of the day.  :clap:

5 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I couldn't agree more. I really am surprised when I read people saying "in all my years I've never seen us in a worse position as a club". Positive memory selection IMO. 

I also think social media is a huge part of the problem. Rumours. Fake news. Out right lies. Hysteria. Some people need to take a big step back, on both sides.

Look, I think we are better off with LJ gone, but the extremes some are going to I just don't agree with.

One thing that I can say for sure though, is that unlike many fans on here, in defence of LJ at least, regardless of ability, he hasn't given up and accepted relegation and is still in there fighting for our league status. 

Many haven't, luckily. I said it before the Villa game, when it's game day, we are behind the troops fighting the war to get us the points to stay in this league. We either get behind them, or stand by and watch the massacare. 

To be fair I dont totally disagree with you here. Social media whips it all into a frenzy and the views are not necessarily representative of the fan base.

However, LJ is not going to accept relegation is he... he is going to fight to the last man because his job and career are on the line. I am afraid I would "withdraw" and live to fight another day. With LJ "the war is lost". That is why he must be sacked. If we continually show blind faith in LJ it will lead us to inevitable relegation. That is not an opinion - the stats tell you all you need to know about our form over 5 months. What have you seen to demonstrate that he can turn it around and now get results  - answer is nothing. Well I have been to all games bar three (2 cups games) and for the first time I chose not to attend Burton at home. I frankly have had enough and spending the day with my daughter playing hockey was far more enjoyable. The football has been dire for a long time. For me Ipswich away was the turning point when you could see that the players had become almost apathetic... it was a very poor performance. It has continued. 

However, I am going tonight. I want to "win" but I have not seen anything to suggest LJ can turn it around. Nothing. It is false hope based on his "words". At the end of the season he will say:

"We gave it a good go, we were always in games and there are fine lines between winning and losing... that lick of paint, the offside decision against Burton. We had some really poor decisions go against us and it has ultimately cost us. Those points we could have accumulated would have made us safe. i believe I have the fight in me to take BCFC back up and there is no one who is not hurting as much as me... I thank the board for showing faith in me, particularly Steve and I wont let you down".... etc.  

Weasel words that have no substance sum up his press conferences.

I reckon we need 6 wins to survive out of 11 games or 18 points. Based on the current form I cannot see us getting anywhere near that. Norwich are being slated but they are a very good side and I can see them doing us tonight.

Norwich (H)   (Lose)

Wigan (A)      (Draw)

Blackburn (A) (Lose)

Huddersfield (H) (Lose)

Preston (A) (Draw)

Brentford (A) (Draw)

Wolves (H) (Win)

QPR (H) (Draw)

Barnsley (H) (Draw)

Brighton (A) (Lose)

Brimingham (H) (Win)

I wish I could be more optimistic... and I hope I am wrong. Please fee free to post me should I be - I do not mind "I told you so" being said to me.... COYR! 

6 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

To be fair I dont totally disagree with you here. Social media whips it all into a frenzy and the views are not necessarily representative of the fan base.

However, LJ is not going to accept relegation is he... he is going to fight to the last man because his job and career are on the line. I am afraid I would "withdraw" and live to fight another day. With LJ "the war is lost". That is why he must be sacked. If we continually show blind faith in LJ it will lead us to inevitable relegation. That is not an opinion - the stats tell you all you need to know about our form over 5 months. What have you seen to demonstrate that he can turn it around and now get results  - answer is nothing. Well I have been to all games bar three (2 cups games) and for the first time I chose not to attend Burton at home. I frankly have had enough and spending the day with my daughter playing hockey was far more enjoyable. The football has been dire for a long time. For me Ipswich away was the turning point when you could see that the players had become almost apathetic... it was a very poor performance. It has continued. 

However, I am going tonight. I want to "win" but I have not seen anything to suggest LJ can turn it around. Nothing. It is false hope based on his "words". At the end of the season he will say:

"We gave it a good go, we were always in games and there are fine lines between winning and losing... that lick of paint, the offside decision against Burton. We had some really poor decisions go against us and it has ultimately cost us. Those points we could have accumulated would have made us safe. i believe I have the fight in me to take BCFC back up and there is no one who is not hurting as much as me... I thank the board for showing faith in me, particularly Steve and I wont let you down".... etc.  

I reckon we need 6 wins to survive out of 11 games or 18 points. Based on the current form I cannot see us getting anywhere near that. Norwich are being slated but they are a very good side and I can see them doing us tonight.

Norwich (H)   (Lose)

Wigan (A)      (Draw)

Blackburn (A) (Lose)

Huddersfield (H) (Lose)

Preston (A) (Draw)

Brentford (A) (Draw)

Wolves (H) (Win)

QPR (H) (Draw)

Barnsley (H) (Draw)

Brighton (A) (Lose)

Brimingham (H) (Win)

I wish I could be more optimistic... and I hope I am wrong. Please fee free to post me should I be - I do not mind "I told you so" being said to me.... COYR! 

I think your pretty optimistic with 11 points,and I hope your wrong....sadly I'm seeing nine points.hope I'm even more off it than you!

21 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

I agree with you,but SL seems hell bent on sticking with LJ so i cant see how a toxic negative atmosphere can help dig us out of this hole.

Also theres more to our problems than the manager,our recruitment of players has been pretty poor maybe worse than that and how much of that is LJ involved in?

Burton players are probably very familiar with each other on the pitch and good mates off it,,,we have made so many signings that all we have is a bunch of total strangers dumped on a football pitch.

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

I respect your right to post but who are you to tell other fans what to think?

How can we be fickle? we are in the bottom 3 we've lost 14 of the last 20 games we've won 3 in 26, we've been blamed for the mess on the pitch despite having no say in team selection tactics used, we've been supportive over 90 minutes in 95% of games,

People have had enough and as fans are treated like customers than those customers have the right to withdraw their support to the product,

Respect works two ways, perhaps if we fans were shown some instead of being blamed then it would work in the other direction

I presume the OP is vehemently against the principle of strike action? If people feel there is no alternative, then that may be required.

Not slithering their tongues up Lansdown's arsehole.

32 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

You're absolutely right there's hardly been a murmur at the games, I think the OP is referring to posters on OTIB which isn't necessarily the same group of people

If you look at the home game match day thread you'll find many of the most vocal 'anti all things city' posters are on here posting rather attending the game.

But, hey, be careful what you say because if you point out that you actually dare attend a match and , worse still, support the team and that they don't then you'll be called:

a) Lee Johnson or Lee Johnson deluded supporter

b) An employee of BS

c) A 'superfan'

and the old

d) how dare you accuse me of not being a supporter? I've supported City since the Battle of Hastings,etc.

In conclusion- everybody has a right to support their club whether that's to chant LJ out or cheer the team and matches are where that support or anti support actually makes a difference not on here. The vitriol on OTIB is not echoed at BS3  because ( for whatever reason) many posters do not regularly attend which is why ,like it or not, OTIB is not truly representative of a much larger fan base.

17 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

Norwich (H)   (Lose)

Wigan (A)      (Draw)

Blackburn (A) (Lose)

Huddersfield (H) (Lose)

Preston (A) (Draw)

Brentford (A) (Draw)

Wolves (H) (Win)

QPR (H) (Draw)

Barnsley (H) (Draw)

Brighton (A) (Lose)

Brimingham (H) (Win)

Unfortunately I reckon that 11pts is about right... Hopefully one possibly two more... But can you give us your cock on block honest assessment of the points that you think Wigan and Burton can achieve... 11pts could be enough!

45 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Babies cry especially when they haven't been nutritionally fed by people who are inadequate as parents if you get my drift, 5 months of bad parenting has brought us here, where are ******* social services when you need them?.

:clapping:superb

48 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Cant say I disagree with you here Stevie. 

I posted earlier in the season that Junior "has no excuses" after the summer window but unfortunately he has truly messed it all up.

Doesnt mean tho that we shouldn't all try our best to support the players  tonight.

Robbo, I do understand fans wanting to go and get behind the players and trust me it's not a decision I've come to lightly and have never done anything like this before . However, I'm at my wits end to be honest . How this squad is where it is is beyond belief and something has to be done. I would love to be proved wrong but imo we are down with the love child in charge.  

What you said earlier about social media and our fall down the leagues, it was worse than now . I'm sure you can remember the protests outside the Williams , especially when TC was sacked .  Like someone said though this has been avoidable , simply poor poor management from all levels. 

56 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

I wasn't going to mention the war, but since you have............

What shall we do, carry on with a Neville Chamberlain character or bring in a Winston Churchill. Who do we need for The Gathering Storm? I wonder what they would have done in the past? 

I mentioned it once ...

8 hours ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Yawn

34 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I am sorry but you are wrong even in the darkest days in and around 1982 there was always heart and fight and the fans knew that, players some were just kids were earning a pittance and having to stop for fish chips on their journey home from away games and sometimes paid for out of Terry Cooper's own pocket.

Terry Cooper put a spirit into the club, players and fans, what has LJ done apart from a gutless lie and then climb down last week?, I think it's you that has the positive memory selection.

8 hours ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Idiot. 

4 hours ago, brizzlelou said:

From a person with 27 posts. Assuming you only post on special occasions yeah?

I know this poster, he is a top bloke and a genuine fella.

He had a point, the fans are behaving like spoilt little kids. The protest being suggested tonight is pathetic.

4 minutes ago, gamon said:

I know this poster, he is a top bloke and a genuine fella.

He had a point, the fans are behaving like spoilt little kids. The protest being suggested tonight is pathetic.

Not having a go Gamon but how do you think fans should show their unhappiness?

15 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I am sorry but you are wrong even in the darkest days in and around 1982 there was always heart and fight and the fans knew that, players some were just kids were earning a pittance and having to stop for fish chips on their journey home from away games and sometimes paid for out of Terry Cooper's own pocket.

Terry Cooper put a spirit into the club, players and fans, what has LJ done apart from a gutless lie and then climb down last week?, I think it's you that has the positive memory selection.

Well in 1982 I wasn't born, so no selective memory!

I wasn't talking about fight and spirit, more my opinion of us as a club, as a whole, financially, facilities etc. Not league position. Just my opinion. 

Couldnt agree with you more about the fight and spirit. But that is a problem with football and modern footballers that is not exclusive to BCFC!

Archived