IGNORED

Can anyone explain?

Robbored

Why Junior started with one up top?

When we saw the team we all groaned with stunned looks at each other.  Wtf?

The first half was shockingly poor and only improved when Taylor was joined by Duric. Then we looked like a team.

Essentially he wasted two substitutions.......:facepalm:

That one being a 37 year old who was being asked to play his 4th game in ten days.

Signed 19 players, 3 worth a start.

1 win in 17 v Rotherham at home.

We are down. LJ is here until the end of the season. Accept that and it all is a little less painful.

My only hope is that he is not here at the start of next. I am not entirely confident of even that.

Even more bizarre was that in the 1st half Corey Smith was the furthest forward of the midfielders almost playing as a number 10. This is the Corey Smith that has scored about 1 goal in 3 seasons. Another Johnson tactical genius. 

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The first half was shockingly poor and only improved when Taylor was joined by Duric. Then we looked like a team.

LJ can't win no matter what he does, people complain that he changes the team too much, he makes no changes - people moan, he makes limited changes - people moan!!

Players have been struggling with injuries, so players will need to be replaced or are unable to start because of fitness issues. No one knows what goes on at training or who's picked up what injuries or knocks but if all else fails, it's LJ's fault.

2 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

I watched the Fulham game

Played two up front that game

Midfield totally over run 

May be thats the reason?

The Fulham game was the worst performances that I can remember. The players were simply not up for it. Formation had very little to do with that shambles.

1 minute ago, Tipps69 said:

LJ can't win no matter what he does, people complain that he changes the team too much, he makes no changes - people moan, he makes limited changes - people moan!!

Players have been struggling with injuries, so players will need to be replaced or are unable to start because of fitness issues. No one knows what goes on at training or who's picked up what injuries or knocks but if all else fails, it's LJ's fault.

Fact- on results he is the worst manager in the club's history

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He tried to match them up - as always frightened to death of the opposition - worried about being overrun in midfield

Frightened of his own shadow

Playing CM17 with our Club

1 minute ago, Tipps69 said:

I was going to pick this post apart but you know what ? its just a total load of uninformed bollocks.

Because he's an incompetent buffoon that has too many toys to play with. As a consequence of this, he tries playing with far too many toys, getting all the pieces/accessories mixed up, and then forgets where everything goes. 

Every now and then he'll find a toy that he forgot about a while ago, and suddenly start playing with it again. He then remembers that it's not one of his favourite toys, and throws it at the back of the cupboard to gather dust for a while. 

I think I've actually lost it now to be fair :blink:

2 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Yep it's LJ's fault. Signed about 20 players and made the team worse. Who else is to blame for gods sake. 

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He's so risk adverse that the best we can hope for at home under him is to salvage draws. Reid is essentially a waste of space, and trying to push Smith on to support Wilbs was bizzare. So starting Taylor for Reid would've seemed appropriate. Duric in place of Wilbs was a no brainer - I can't begin to fathom that one out. As I said to my mate a decent manager would've returned all 3 points from that game. It is actually a much simpler game than LJ tries to make it.

Oh well, lets just prepare to be upset on saturday when a semi fit Tammy limps around up front on his own for 70 minute befoe LJ decides to change it up.

3 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

That was Johnson's reason in his RB interview. 

6 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

May be thats the reason?

What not go 3-5-2 and have both a 5 man midfield that doesn't get over run and two up front to create and take chances?

A point is little use to use in our situation.  5 wins in 10 games now needed = miracle.

6 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

May be thats the reason?

You've just been listening to LJs interview on Radio Bristol. Total load of crap. We started with Korey Smith playing up front. So why couldn't Taylor play in that role. Our manager is shot. 

3 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I sat there tonight watching the first half thinking "this is just like watching his dads team" Dull and uninspired and relying on set pieces.........:facepalm:

Not defending him, as first half was abysmal as always when at home he plays this lone striker b******s.

Second half was a transformation, should have won, their keeper made some great stops. 

On radio on way home he was asked about this and defends it as saying  we get over run in middle of park, and has a good bench to change it as and when.  Cites Fulham as an example.  If that is the case why have we signed 19 players, none of which able to 'stand up ' and be counted and we need extra body in middle of the park to counter the quality of the oppositions midfield. Why did we not get real quality in the middle of the park.  I thought that was Hegeler was going to be ?

In fairness there is hope to our situation.  He needs to man up and go out and try to win these games from the off, not twaddle about leaving a 37 year old isolated on his own hoping to flick the ball onto Bobby Reid.

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Totally agree. Taylor has to start IMO, and definitely two up top.

It would seem that not losing is now LJ's game plan rather than going for the three points.

10 minutes ago, cityexile said:

That one being a 37 year old who was being asked to play his 4th game in ten days.

Signed 19 players, 3 worth a start.

1 win in 17 v Rotherham at home.

We are down. LJ is here until the end of the season. Accept that and it all is a little less painful.

My only hope is that he is not here at the start of next. I am not entirely confident of even that.

He's here for good, slippers under landsdown a sofa, patting his dog taking us to oblivion 

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And coming from someone who doesn't get to see the games

So I'm clearly not allowed a view on a club I've followed for over 30 years & that my family have worked for for over 40 years??

Tell you what 'Super fan', go & **** yourself!!!

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I sat there tonight watching the first half thinking "this is just like watching his dads team" Dull and uninspired and relying on set pieces.........:facepalm:

Apart from finishing in fourth place and making the play off final, presumably?

11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He tried to match them up - as always frightened to death of the opposition - worried about being overrun in midfield

Frightened of his own shadow

Playing CM17 with our Club

Perhaps this is playing on his mind from his playing days here. After all, he got a lot of (deserved) stick at times for being lightweight, predictable and totally unimaginitive as a central midfielder. 

Psychologically scarred and determined that his players won't face the same criticisms he did?

As an aside what happened to Josh Brownhill? Unless I missed an injury he had a brief flirtation with the first team before entering the Engvall zone. 

Archived