IGNORED

"They're a really good side when you consider their resources"

Jack Dawe

I would like to see us play to our strengths, with two strikers, especially at home. Not trying to find a way to counteract the opposition. Let them worry about us for a change. We will seldom keep a clean sheet, so let's attack and if we do get relegated we will go down fighting and not with a whimper.

On 07/03/2017 at 22:54, AppyDAZE said:

Will be interesting to hear what his reason for Huddersfield being so good is down to

To be honest.. Huddersfield are pretty good. Doesn't mean we can't fight for the win though! 

1 hour ago, Robinito said:

I would like to see us play to our strengths, with two strikers, especially at home. Not trying to find a way to counteract the opposition. Let them worry about us for a change. We will seldom keep a clean sheet, so let's attack and if we do get relegated we will go down fighting and not with a whimper.

http://m.bristolpost.co.uk/bristol-city-head-coach-lee-johnson-makes-no-apology-for-his-controversial-one-up-front-policy/story-30189993-detail/story.html

Hmmmm....let's see! :grr:

On 07/03/2017 at 22:54, AppyDAZE said:

Will be interesting to hear what his reason for Huddersfield being so good is down to

Well they won the top division in England 3 years running in the 1920s mostly under one of this country's best ever managers (Herbert Chapman) and have finished in the top 3 of the top division 9 times...they've been champions of 3 of England's 4 divisions and they've got to the FA Cup Final 5 times.....there you go Lee, I've done the research for you. See how many of those stats you can get into a statement about why we have 'no right to beat a club of their size and illustrious history...'

Reminds me of a Shankly story

Playing Man Utd Shankly has a subbuteo pitch / players set up in the Liverpool dressing room to depict the sides

Says 'Manchester United today , George Best one of the most skilful players ever to grace the game , Bobby Charlton a great England Legend ......Nobby Stiles World Cup,winner .... etc

And then suddenly half way through he sweeps all the subbuteo figures off the table and says

'Now go and f*******g smash them'

:clap:

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple."'

Plus team cohesion and team spirit

Love all this bollox, every shit manager we've ever had blame resources for their incompetence, our current manager isn't doing too bad with same budget, it's all about hard work and ability to coach players and get the best possible results from whatever budget you're working with, do that and I think most fans would be happy. 

42 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Of course , team cohesion and team spirit , but other than that it's a simple game .

:rolleyes:

And Major , for me at the very root of our problems and a major factor in the currrent mess ( along IMHO with at least one significant other)

Analyse , Plan , Re Analyse , Re Plan , Analyse , Tinker, Tinker, Analyse, change , Analyse.......

Archived