IGNORED

Our support - apathy is killing us slowly

redordead1

What has happened to our passionate core support? Where have the Williams demo's of yesteryear gone, and why are we putting up with this without a fight?

Fully understand why the crowd don't want to get overly negative when the match starts, but surely our best chance of remaining in this division lies without LJ in charge and we needed to have made this known weeks ago. The disregard that SL is showing the fans and the gutless, classless way in which the club handled the Pembo situation is surely not right?

As someone else quite righty said on another thread, we've been confident in our assertions in the past that we would have never tolerated the way in which Tan acted, or for they matter the Gas board, but that assertion now seems ill founded now.

The sheer apathy that we are all showing right now is shocking. Aside from a few murmurs there was nothing of note again tonight. The Norwich fans were more vocal than us in calling for their managers head.

Genuinely amazed that we are tolerating this shit and it feels as if we are sat back watching the soul being drained from this club without so much as a whisper.

Even if we are resigned to the fact we will be relegated, why are we letting ourselves be treated Ike this and why are we standing for it?

We've never been an overly successful club, but we've always been a proud support who have earned respect up and down the country. It felt like we finally lost that pride tonight and we are letting apathy win.

Interested in whether others feel the same and what can be done to reverse it?

I just think we cant be bothered, clearly just like SL. 

falling into the terrible abyss of Port Vale, Oldham and Carfcukinglisle. 

Beyond a joke now and i just think the sole has been torn out of us all we are just sitting back waiting for the inevitable. 

28 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

What has happened to our passionate core support? Where have the Williams demo's of yesteryear gone, and why are we putting up with this without a fight?

Fully understand why the crowd don't want to get overly negative when the match starts, but surely our best chance of remaining in this division lies without LJ in charge and we needed to have made this known weeks ago. The disregard that SL is showing the fans and the gutless, classless way in which the club handled the Pembo situation is surely not right?

As someone else quite righty said on another thread, we've been confident in our assertions in the past that we would have never tolerated the way in which Tan acted, or for they matter the Gas board, but that assertion now seems ill founded now.

The sheer apathy that we are all showing right now is shocking. Aside from a few murmurs there was nothing of note again tonight. The Norwich fans were more vocal than us in calling for their managers head.

Genuinely amazed that we are tolerating this shit and it feels as if we are sat back watching the soul being drained from this club without so much as a whisper.

Even if we are resigned to the fact we will be relegated, why are we letting ourselves be treated Ike this and why are we standing for it?

We've never been an overly successful club, but we've always been a proud support who have earned respect up and down the country. It felt like we finally lost that pride tonight and we are letting apathy win.

The majority of BCFC fans have just turnt into Bristol Sport Clones... it really is bordering on embarrassing... 

The football on show tonight was truly shocking in the first half while I was present yet the fans just blindly clap mis-placed passes etc etc...

Is this really support or just plain ******* stupid, delusinional, robotic, idiocy that is doing more harm than good?

29 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

It's because OTIB creates this bubble where you think everyone cares just as passionately about sacking the manager - fact is, it seems the majority don't feel the same.

Sadly i think you might be right.

28 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

It's because OTIB creates this bubble where you think everyone cares just as passionately about sacking the manager - fact is, it seems the majority don't feel the same.

******* idiots who don't in fairness... it's a bit like putting money on a Seal in a climbing competition...!!! *******!!!

32 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Yes, we (OTIB) like to think we are the hub of the supporters, BUT in reality it is only a small %age of our fan base !

4 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

The majority of BCFC fans have just turnt into Bristol Sport Clones... it really is bordering on embarrassing... 

The football on show tonight was truly shocking in the first half while I was present yet the fans just blindly clap mis-placed passes etc etc...

Is this really support or just plain ******* stupid, delusinional, robotic, idiocy that is doing more harm than good?

Not a fan Bristol Sport really. Not sure if you ever go away but my take is take is that the away support is a better gauge of opinion. Not saying its better but just tends to be more on an even keel and less prone to we are crap one minute and win win the league the next. 

I think as fans we're all just resigned to the fact Junior will still be in charge no matter what goes on.

As incredulous as it may seem his position has been strengthened enormously with Pembo going & to be replaced by a highly experienced coach and former team mate in Jamie Mac.

It kind of reminds me of Phil Neal's input with Graham "thank you linesman, you've just got me the sack" Taylor.

So, one assumes, and of course it's obvious, that the coaching is going to improve still further with this masterly tweak to the backroom staff.

There were quite few O'Driscoll supporters upset when he was sacked but haven't met a single City supporter who thinks LJ should stay on. I think you're right in that apathy has set in because we're resigned to the fact that he's here until the end of the season.

Part of me wants to hear what he has to say when he takes us down.  

41 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Yes, we (OTIB) like to think we are the hub of the supporters, BUT in reality it is only a small %age of our fan base !

But it's not like we (OTIB) think one thing and they (non OTIB) must think the opposite.

This forum provides a great cross section of city fans and I think is a good indicator.

2 hours ago, redordead1 said:

Because it was a decent battling draw and the players - with one notable exception - gave their all.

Who would want to boo after that, even though we all knew it does our league position no good? The players clapped the fans, who were vocal when we started turning up the heat and who - let's face it - have been more than loyal to the club considering the crap that's dished up.

A loss or a half-arsed lucky draw would have seen the place go up, but we ended the match on the ascendancy and in the circumstances a protest seemed like it would be unfair on the players.

Everyone around where I sit still thinks Johnson should go. Most of us are older guys however, and we have seen bad days and good days, but we'll still go to games.

Sorry about that... :dunno:

2 hours ago, allyolly said:

Not a fan Bristol Sport really. Not sure if you ever go away but my take is take is that the away support is a better gauge of opinion. Not saying its better but just tends to be more on an even keel and less prone to we are crap one minute and win win the league the next. 

Respectfully Mike, away from home is prone to kids who just want Lee Johnson to either give them a wave or bounce around. I know what you're saying but ultimately I'm not sure that makes away games any more realistic :)

49 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Because it was a decent battling draw and the players - with one notable exception - gave their all.

Who would want to boo after that, even though we all knew it does our league position no good? The players clapped the fans, who were vocal when we started turning up the heat and who - let's face it - have been more than loyal to the club considering the crap that's dished up.

A loss or a half-arsed lucky draw would have seen the place go up, but we ended the match on the ascendancy and in the circumstances a protest seemed like it would be unfair on the players.

Everyone around where I sit still thinks Johnson should go. Most of us are older guys however, and we have seen bad days and good days, but we'll still go to games.

Sorry about that... :dunno:

It just seems people on here are very vocal until they have to action or show the colours. It's really apathetic, with no accountability of follow through. Just a lot of hot air with no backbone. Very sad

3 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

So would you say Lee Johnson is the best manager you have ever seen?

Come on, I Support the players (who are bemused) Support the shirt, spend loads on flags, season ticket, city foundation you name it I try and help as others do but I am not being mugged off by one man who is clearly out of his depth.

It is not apathy or BS clones - it is laziness.

People come on here - passionately talking about our club needing to change and even the most apathetic fan will read and agree with some points.

But the fact is coming on here asking what we do, posting demo call to arms etc. is not enough - somebody needs to organise a proper show of discontent and people could not even agree on one course of action let alone inform everybody of the plan and communicate it at the game !!

Posting on here or retweeting some shit on twitter is not job done - you need organisers for time/date/meet point, you need flyers, you need an article in the Bristol Post, you need a wide population to know the plan without them having to find out themselves as they won't - posting on here and a couple of retweets may reach 5% of regular attendees at best - not enough but with busier lives these days nobody wants to give the time - they fool themselves into thinking 5 minutes of effort typing on the forum can change things - no chance !!

As for staying away - yes there is empty seats but hardly having your voice heard is it? Easy option to be fair.

5 hours ago, Olé said:

Respectfully Mike, away from home is prone to kids who just want Lee Johnson to either give them a wave or bounce around. I know what you're saying but ultimately I'm not sure that makes away games any more realistic :)

Sorry don't think this is true

When I look round at fellow fans at away games I see mainly 'mature' people

In fact I worry that there are so few young fans to take the place of us oldies

8 hours ago, redordead1 said:

I feel wrung out and hung out to dry by SL and co. This is the first time I've ever felt like this about BCFC. I so want the team to win, but I am devastated by the sacking of Pembo (I don't care if LJ will shake his hand, to be honest, I'd rather he didn't) and the underhand dealings at his club, and the fact that SL appears to be quite happy to see us relegated if it means his project will succeed. 

Driving back on the M4 last night, I really felt that this is the end for me. I had sat through the first half and honestly didn't care what happened, the second half, I was more enthusiastic and cheered on the boys, but the spark had gone. 

I don't know what the answer is, that's what makes me feel (and possibly others) so powerless. Nobody at the club would care if I gave up my ST. 

I was surprised at the lack of dissent from the crowd last night. I was expecting some songs for Pembo, at least. I was too upset to start my own. 

Voted with my feet like some others last night and stayed away. I understand that the propaganda machine announced the crowd as 17,000? But people who went tell me that there were less than that and I know who I believe right now. Unfortunately a lot want d to go to support the players who are apparently giving their all. Well folks, their all is not enough. Their all is worth a draw or a defeat and we are unlucky again and again and again. This will carry on until we are down. It IS coming. 19 players purchased by Lee Johnson and sanctioned by Mark Ashton but only 3 started last night. We were talked up to lose last night by Lee. I find that staggering because right now the Norwich team is as deflated as we are and so they were there for the taking and yet we dumb down our chances before we even get out on the pitch. The blind faith happy clappy fans are a reflection on what our society has become. There is no unity anymore. Everyone talks up a plan but then leave it to others and follow their own agenda (just in case City turn the corner and they might miss out!). The new stadium creates the illusion that we are going somewhere, but we are not. The club is turning into a club of stepford supporters. No wonder the Sags ridicule it by referring to it as the library. Full of "Yes men" fans to go with their "Yes sir" boss, to go with the man at the top who has shown his true colours this year. This shower of shite is something that I don't want to be associated with anymore. I love Bristol City, but I cannot be passionate if the only support left are the librarians happy with going up and going straight back down again with a whimper. I look at the noisy neighbours who have nothing and see how much passion they have and how they are working wonders on a shoestring and I look at us submerged in some Bristol Sport stew blowing money and making awful decision after awful decision being dictated to by their major shareholder and I question whether I chose the wrong club for passion? Lee Johnson has to go. We will never move forward with him and most people can see it. However, if we are prepared as supporter to just sit back and watch it slide away without voicing our opinions which we are entitled to do  then I am sorry but we deserve to be relegated. We are going down. It is not in our hands at all. The team is not good enough, and the manager is useless. So carry on turning up watching us draw or lose again whilst the other teams pull away from us and enjoy the ride to league one in the library.

5 hours ago, Olé said:

I will take it as a compliment you think I look young enough to be a kid Rob! Certainly don't feel it!

8 hours ago, redordead1 said:

I couldn't agree more  in the 30 odd years I have been going I have never seen an Ashton gate crowd so laid back about our plight 10 years ago we would of made it unbearable for him to continue.  Now we are sleep walking to league one when we all wake up 

40 minutes ago, Ireneisagavsgod said:

I couldn't agree more  in the 30 odd years I have been going I have never seen an Ashton gate crowd so laid back about our plight 10 years ago we would of made it unbearable for him to continue.  Now we are sleep walking to league one when we all wake up 

I don't know what it is. Perhaps it's the fact that we are just recently losing a bit of faith in Steve Lansdown, a man who has put a huge amount of time and money into the club and so has commanded respect for that alone. He has asked us to trust him in the past and judge him on his decisions, decisions that haven't panned out well. Maybe this has now happened once too often, people have lost that trust, but at the same time don't want to turn on him either. 

We all want it to work, and by work I mean Championship survival, anything else is just too sickening to think about. But over the games we've played during the season have we deserved it, no. At this time we are rightfully where we are. Except for Tammy maybe, and Korey, we can't even say we floundered because we've had key players out with injuries all season. We have purchased players we don't play, or play so irregularly and randomly they don't know where they are.  Our settled, hardworking, winning squad has been so chopped up its unrecognisable when all it needed was a bit of strengthening.

The sad thing is that all this has been done by what was sold to us as an innovative young manager who had all the badges, and allowed to happen by people who should have known better.

It's  not a mess of the fans making so I won't be blamed for any of it, nor will I blindly renew my Season Ticket. But as for protesting, there's little point. It's clear there will be no further changes no matter what happens, just a mass exedus of our better players leaving if we are relegated, players I should have enjoyed watching as we won't see players like them again for a while.

8 hours ago, David Brent said:

But it's not like we (OTIB) think one thing and they (non OTIB) must think the opposite.

This forum provides a great cross section of city fans and I think is a good indicator.

I agree, we are a cross section of the fan base, a MORI poll if you will....but unfortunately we've seen how "accurate" these polls have been in recent times !:cool:

Archived