IGNORED

Cheltenham 2017 (Merged)

Tipps69

3 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

I thought I'd start a thread for this years festival so people can post their tips etc.

Not sure how reliable this is but Melon in the Supreme Novices is 10/1 with SkyBet but is 3/1 favourite with PaddyPower. Make of that what you will.

What on earth are you looking at? Best priced 4s market wide.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Sky Bet for first race of each day and then Paddy for next four who are refunding all second place bets (not sure of max)

I am there on Tuesday, can't wait.  Melon in the first looks tough to beat. Neon Wolf will push close but he could well run on Wednesday instead.  

Wolf is a great horse.

14 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Depends if soft ground or not.

Any other favourites for the week?

Will be more certain closer to the festival. Find it all a bit up in the air at the moment.

Certainly Djakadam for the Gold Cup and Sizing Codelco and Jezki for a bit longer odds in their races.

Assuming they run in the races expected then a 13/1 treble on Let's Dance, Douvan and Unowhatimeanharry looks tempting.

9 hours ago, RedDave said:

Sky Bet for first race of each day and then Paddy for next four who are refunding all second place bets (not sure of max)

I am there on Tuesday, can't wait.  Melon in the first looks tough to beat. Neon Wolf will push close but he could well run on Wednesday instead.  

PaddyPower's max refund is £20 per race paid as a free bet if your horse finishes 2nd in any of the first 5 races on each day, not sure why they've not done it for the whole card mind. Maybe because the 6th race is even more random than the rest?

7 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Nope, SkyBet's offer is definitely £50

IMG_1960.PNG

That will either be a typo in the advert which won't be upheld or a VIP invite only offer specific to you. It is definitely £20. Usually they do £25, they've never gone as high as £50 at least not for many years. 

15 minutes ago, dezgimed said:

That will either be a typo in the advert which won't be upheld or a VIP invite only offer specific to you. It is definitely £20. Usually they do £25, they've never gone as high as £50 at least not for many years. 

Since the racing went over to ITV the offer has been £50, for their weekly 'money back if your horse finishes 2nd or 3rd' or it has been for me anyway.

Can anyone else confirm what the deal is?

I know bugger all about Horse Racing, though I always remember what my old man said. Back a grey. Put a few quid on Neptune Collange and State of Play a few years back at the National and I always do an e/w bet so will do the same for the Gold cup if any greys running. 

1 hour ago, tommytank1985 said:

Well my friend, look no further than a horse called 'Bristol de mai'. Around 20/1. Ran like a donkey last time out mind 

There has never been a raced where I hadn't backed BDM, literally is my favourite horse ever. No idea why. Just love the horse, but that race for me wasn't as bad as made out - only went off odds on due to the fact RJ was off of Native and Aiden Coleman could've ****** up. Also personally not a fan of backing horses at Newbury without form there. It's an odd circuit. Native had pissed the last 2 races there. 3 horse race doesn't suit BDM either.

Think 20/1 is very generous and hoping will enjoy Chelt more... :)

8 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

I know bugger all about Horse Racing, though I always remember what my old man said. Back a grey. Put a few quid on Neptune Collange and State of Play a few years back at the National and I always do an e/w bet so will do the same for the Gold cup if any greys running. 

Another Grey that will run in the Gold Cup is Smad Place at around the 33/1 mark.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Definitely £20.  I've checked three times! 

Oh, must be just me then because as shown with the screen shot, it shows £50. Sorry if I've misled anyone, assumed everyone was getting the same as I've never had any notification that I was getting different.

6 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Oh, must be just me then because as shown with the screen shot, it shows £50. Sorry if I've misled anyone, assumed everyone was getting the same as I've never had any notification that I was getting different.

No need to apologise.  Does seem odd that yours is £50. Would love to be putting 50 on that first race knowing it will come back worst case!  Good luck 

8 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

No worries. Would love £50 refunds, not seen them since PP about 4 years ago.

Possibly if you're doing repeated price boosts you're getting VIP/preferential offers but didn't realise Sky did that.

1 hour ago, dezgimed said:

No worries. Would love £50 refunds, not seen them since PP about 4 years ago.

Possibly if you're doing repeated price boosts you're getting VIP/preferential offers but didn't realise Sky did that.

No, neither did I, like I said, they've not made a point of it although I do use them more than any other bookies, they suit me down to the ground with their offers.

29 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Will all five come in though? Doesn't normally happen.  Might take death duty out and do it as a four 

Eachway as a 5-fold? Or Lucky31 e/w?

Having looked at them, unless you put a fair wedge on there's not a lot of pay back 26/1, seems like a big risk for little reward.

Archived