IGNORED

Anyone?

Ivorguy

Is there anyone left at City who can get a grip on the club in the present shambles?

If not I don't think it is only league 1 we have to worry about.  We are now in such an almighty mess we could go on falling like Alice down the rabbit hole, and who knows when and where we shall finally hit the bottom

23 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Is there anyone left at City who can get a grip on the club in the present shambles?

If not I don't think it is only league 1 we have to worry about.  We are now in such an almighty mess we could go on falling like Alice down the rabbit hole, and who knows when and where we shall finally hit the bottom

is this S&M? should I leave this thread?

27 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

Ernie isn't a shrinking violet IIRC. He's still on the board isn't he?

I believe he had some legal issues which ran him into some trouble a while back.

For legal reasons, I will not say what - but I am sure someone else here will confirm.

I feel left at City, no. 

A few years back we hedged our bets on someone totally uninspiring who made good players look bad, baffled with instructions, divided fans immensely and could not be accused of improving any player in training. He even hung a certain Mr Flint out to dry playing him through some dreadful form. 

Fast forward until now. I could be describing either LJ or SOD. 

My real concern is SL clearly didn't like SOD. And yet he waited long enough in League One to bin him off. But this time he likes LJ... just how low will he be prepared to go. Serious concern. 

We needed a straight talking, self assured, areogant man who many thought would divide the club at the time of his appointment. We struck gold then. But still SL didn't like him. The man who won the title got few funds and his successor of no standing and no honours got a £15m+ war chest. It really is incomprehensible. 

I think some at Bristol City are incapable of helping the club to succeed unless their 'subjects' wash their feet. 

33 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

To be quite honest i dont care anymore just lost interest in the club.

12 minutes ago, Big C said:

Oh Look, Ivor is having another pop at Bristol Sport. The club is not in a shambles. The team maybe is but the club as a whole is probably in its best state for years

Can't agree with that. I think the club is deeply, deeply divided.

-Fans feeling disillusioned walking into our marquee Lansdown stand wondering if they've walked in to a rugby stadium,

- a worst run anyone in a generation has witnessed,

- a very bloated squad back on longer term contracts with some very expensive players being totally under-utilised,

- a manager on a very long term contract and seemingly guaranteed tenure despite showing little to suggest he deserves it.

- a manager admitting we have a fractured and divided dressing room, 

- a player driving a colleagues car with no licence nor insurance, 

I think the club is very much in shambles. I'm not a Bristol Sport hater; I get it and buy in to it. But in its marquee year with the new stadium, football spending big and rugby back in the Prem it's been an unmitigated disaster. That will feed distrust in the oversight team. 

I don't think SLs comments about fans coming back were that untrue tbh. I still go now, but under SOD I stayed away. I got pushed to that dark place. Then SC arrived and injected an amazing breath of fresh air - and I f hated the thought of his appointment. It was probably as bad in my eyes as sticking with SOD - who still ranks for me as our worst ever. But SL was an absolute fool for admitting that. He's tempting people to dislike him with that comment and entrench themselves further. If he said that when SOD caused me to turn, I'd have found it tenfold more difficult to walk back in to the stadium because I'm a stubborn fool.

7 hours ago, Big C said:

Oh Look, Ivor is having another pop at Bristol Sport. The club is not in a shambles. The team maybe is but the club as a whole is probably in its best state for years

For the record it is you who raised the issue of BS on this thread, I referred to City.

But of course you are right City as a club are 100% bound up with BS

Archived