IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal?

marmite

Wont be long before they are on offer so here is the dilemma. All dissatisfied fans can refuse to renew as a clear message to SL about the situation. Don't worry if you still want to attend occasionally, there will be plenty of empty seats available and picking 10-15 games on potd  will be cheaper than a s/t. Those who renew whatever (like myself until this fiasco) can continue as normal. Price, of course, will have an influence on peoples decisions, but s/t  sales are the gauge of a clubs solid fan base and this might be the only way to prove to SL that we are not just offering empty threats. Maybe he won't care and maybe he will, but we must do more than just moan on here. I am still undecided as I am at heart a Bristol City supporter more than I am a LJ hater. I just wish SL would act and make my decision easier.

I have been a season ticket holder for the last 13 years - I will not be renewing I have no wish to rattle around in a less than half empty stadium watching League 1 football.

However I will buy one of those membership cards  and pick and choose which matches to attend,The Gas ,Plymouth ,Portsmouth.

I have stopped feeling angry and now just feel sad that this headlong rush to relegationhas been allowed to happen with the passive resistance of fans.

For the first time in about 15 years of having a season ticket,it has entered my head that maybe I won't renew next season if LJ is in charge,I probably will,but the fact that a die hard like me is even thinking that should have the club very worried,sad times.

I sit in the West Stand and have been a season ticket holder for a long time, previously sitting in the Dolman.... I also pay for the odd hospitality at the Gate for friends and family which is very good. Did it for some home games and it was good experience. Now, it has become a fcking nightmare watching that shite and there is simply no way I am going to pay those prices in League One. No fcking way.  

I have taken the decision that I will not renew whilst LJ is in charge. This does not mean I am a fickle fan but I am not going to show support for a club that continually lies to and misleads its fans. I am not going to put up with a club where the owner and his son run it like a game on Football Manager. I cannot stand LJ,  his bull shit and his shit football. I cannot stand Ashton and his BS PR job.... With the fcking DNA we have installed  we will soon be extinct! I can still follow the club and will select the games I attend home/away. 

I remember that night in Bradford under SC where I almost cried at watching us destroy a side to get promoted. I remember an old game at Bradford where they did us 5-1 or something. Thus, to play that way, against that team (I think that was the season they did Arsenal at home in the Cup) was a massive highlight.  This followed a game on the Saturday at Preston where the team put in a fighting display to keep Preston at bay. Those nights are long gone.. the fight, spirit, passion, has gone. The pressing, high tempo football has gone... the style that we were trying to embed has gone. I cannot tell you how gutted it makes me feel.... Thanks to the board because only BCFC could fck up the momentum brought about by a double winning manager. Well done to all, you must be very proud SL....

I will be there next season no matter what. City have been making me miserable for 40 years or so, don't see why next season should be any different. This season hasn't even been close to the worse season I've had to endure with them.

20 minutes ago, Toffee dog said:

Not sure what to do may pick my games & watch some of Weston's home games. Been a season ticket holder for over 20 years so sad I am at this stage.

It's a sad time TD - I know so many people thinking along the lines that you have expressed. We could be like Cardiff used to be next season...they used to pootle along with 8k crowds in Ninian Park and then suddenly get 15k for a game against us or Swansea....that's what the City hierarchy will have to get used to by the sounds of it.

And if we ever get a modicum of success in the future and our crowds increase - fans of other clubs may chant "where were you when you were shit?!" And they'd have every right to, we've done it to other clubs and ridiculed them on here for their crowds- e.g. Newcastle, Rovers etc.....so we'll have just have to suck it up as it looks like we'll be doing the same....sad, sad times...

2 minutes ago, Big C said:

I will be there next season no matter what. City have been making me miserable for 40 years or so, don't see why next season should be any different. This season hasn't even been close to the worse season I've had to endure with them.

I admire you.

I agree that there has been worse times/seasons, but has there ever been a time of this much total Tom Foolery?  The left hand not knowing what the right is doing.  The blind leading the blind.  The skullduggery.  The PR BS.  People refusing to see facts staring them straight in the face.  The total care free attitude.  The negligence.  The complete resignation and acceptance of shite.  The bluffing.

Has there been times like that?  I cant remember them and I've been going 29 years.   And if there has been times like that, I wager they've been quickly dealt with for better or for worse.

23 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

I sit in the West Stand and have been a season ticket holder for a long time, previously sitting in the Dolman.... I also pay for the odd hospitality at the Gate for friends and family which is very good. Did it for some home games and it was good experience. Now, it has become a fcking nightmare watching that shite and there is simply no way I am going to pay those prices in League One. No fcking way.  

I have taken the decision that I will not renew whilst LJ is in charge. This does not mean I am a fickle fan but I am not going to show support for a club that continually lies to and misleads its fans. I am not going to put up with a club where the owner and his son run it like a game on Football Manager. I cannot stand LJ,  his bull shit and his shit football. I cannot stand Ashton and his BS PR job.... With the fcking DNA we have installed  we will soon be extinct! I can still follow the club and will select the games I attend home/away. 

I remember that night in Bradford under SC where I almost cried at watching us destroy a side to get promoted. I remember an old game at Bradford where they did us 5-1 or something. Thus, to play that way, against that team (I think that was the season they did Arsenal at home in the Cup) was a massive highlight.  This followed a game on the Saturday at Preston where the team put in a fighting display to keep Preston at bay. Those nights are long gone.. the fight, spirit, passion, has gone. The pressing, high tempo football has gone... the style that we were trying to embed has gone. I cannot tell you how gutted it makes me feel.... Thanks to the board because only BCFC could fck up the momentum brought about by a double winning manager. Well done to all, you must be very proud SL....

the 6/0 win at Bradford was the season  they had won 4/2 at Stamford Bridge in the FA cup.

1 hour ago, marmite said:

Don't worry if you still want to attend occasionally, there will be plenty of empty seats available and picking 10-15 games on potd  will be cheaper than a s/t. 

The issue for me is that there are four of us who sit together. If we all decided not to renew the logistics of getting seats together once everyone had decided whether they wanted to go to a particular game would be a real pain. I occasionally go to a game on my own (usually away from AG) but wouldn't want to do so too often. So unless a couple of the others decide not to renew, I'll be getting a season ticket purely for the convenience.

21 minutes ago, Big C said:

For me it's not about it being the worst season. Obviously the early eighties were terrible but we were all in it together. The last time we got relegated from the championship we were a terrible side and deserved to go down . That's what pissed me off more than anything about this season , the players are good enough but we have the worst manager in our history but SL is so blinded in his faith in him he can't see it . SL also imo knows less than nothing about football , if he did his love child would of been sacked months ago. 41 years following this club I love and 18 as a season ticket holder but there is no chance on earth that I will renew if we go down and that utter charleton is still in charge #johnsonout 

15 minutes ago, lager loud said:

The issue for me is that there are four of us who sit together. If we all decided not to renew the logistics of getting seats together once everyone had decided whether they wanted to go to a particular game would be a real pain. I occasionally go to a game on my own (usually away from AG) but wouldn't want to do so too often. So unless a couple of the others decide not to renew, I'll be getting a season ticket purely for the convenience.

So complete apathy to what's going on then . Don't get me wrong , each to their own but that's a terrible excuse for renewing imo 

21 minutes ago, lager loud said:

Seriously mate you will have no problem getting four seats together next season.

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

So complete apathy to what's going on then . Don't get me wrong , each to their own but that's a terrible excuse for renewing imo 

I'm not apathetic. Things could get bad enough for me to decide not to go to games at all until things improved, but I'm not there yet. But the half way house of inconveniencing myself to try to make some sort of point to the club is not my way.

If it weren't for the social side of going to football I'm not sure how often I would bother, so for what matters to me it's not a terrible excuse.

1 minute ago, lager loud said:

I'm not apathetic. Things could get bad enough for me to decide not to go to games at all until things improved, but I'm not there yet. But the half way house of inconveniencing myself to try to make some sort of point to the club is not my way.

If it weren't for the social side of going to football I'm not sure how often I would bother, so for what matters to me it's not a terrible excuse.

Personally, i'm retaining the social side. I will still go to the pubs before and after, the only difference being I will be with mates in a boozer between 2pm and 5pm.

Well I will renew my season tickets - but not without protest.  SOme of you chaps who are fixated on Johnson have missed the BIG issue - the choice or pies no longer includes the orgasmic chicken, ham and leek masterpiece!  Unless this is back in the kiosks by the time of the next home game, I think we should hold a demonstration - we just need one or your talented demonstrators to come up with a chant - any ideas?

Thinking back.....our bad spell started when they stopped selling these pies!!  This may be a conspiracy!!

Won't be renewing under current manager. 

Wont be renewing in League 1 . 

Will get membership card if in league 1 under different manager to choose games .

I refused to buy a pint on Tuesday despite being desperate for one ! 

19 minutes ago, lager loud said:

I do agree to a certain extent , I will definitely miss the social side of it meeting up with mates , having a few ciders etc. I just feel the club are taking us for complete mugs though. If we stay up (big if ) I will renew but not if we go down and he's still here . 

Archived