IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal?

marmite

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

I can remember division 4 and it was far better than this season. Terry Cooper was a manager loved by every supporter and, importantly, a person you could trust. There was no money but he and the board created a spirit of optimism  

Amen to that. The contrast could not be greater!

I won't renew my dual season ticket, both rugby and football have been a farce and poorly ran by the owner and the yes men. If LJ gets sacked then maybe but the club have an awful lot to do to make me consider returning.  Never thought it would come to this. Enjoy your project Steve.

1 hour ago, marmite said:

Just had the same text. Have replied that I am boycotting in protest at LJ. Do the replies get read by anyone or are they automatic messages?

I tried to do the same but it failed to send. I believe it's a 'do not reply' message.......what a shame. 

22 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

I won't renew my dual season ticket, both rugby and football have been a farce and poorly ran by the owner and the yes men. If LJ gets sacked then maybe but the club have an awful lot to do to make me consider returning.  Never thought it would come to this. Enjoy your project Steve.

I'm the same and will not renew both if Bris go down and City if Johnson is still here.

I stayed at home on Tuesday and actually didn't miss it. Too much dross is bad for one's health.

I will not renew and will not attend another game until LJ and the shambles with him are removed. I have never felt so distant from the club and the behaviour it has demonstrated this season. No class, no ability, and utter contempt to supporters. It is all a personal choice, and for some it is the social aspect that dominates. I can no longer relate to Mr Lansdown and his behaviour. He is beginning to look very foolish and the club very amateur and incompetent in all of their dealings. There is no plan, otherwise they would have explained it. 

Each to their own of course, this is my personal answer to the question. 

I've supported City since 71-72, haven't missed many games until Johnson's appointment, and I've had season ticket's for 25 plus seasons. 

However, when Johnson was appointed we gave away our season tickets, I can't explain how angry I was that yet again a manager was appointed with no track record (Dopey Darrell has a better track record of success), no Championship experience, Barnsley fans were indifferent at best to his departure, and worse a former player who showed no leadership skills as a player for City, how he made 174 appearances for City I will never know, well I guess we do know. I decided I didn't need the stress, because as all supporters on OTIB know it can ruin your weekend & week when things are going really bad. Bristol City is part of our identity and we're all passionate about the club. When we gave away our tickets I predicted he would be gone by the end of 2016, my sabbatical would end (enjoyed a bit of travelling, weekends away etc.) and I would be back. I was wrong about that but surely it won't be long. I thought he might go after Burton and I would have travelled to Wigan with 4k other City fans. What's happening to our club is disgraceful, and you really couldn't make it up.     

For me the decision is based on whether I actually enjoy it. I really don't at present and genuinely feel that there is more value doing other stuff. I'll probably pick one or two games next season and enjoy doing something different on a Saturday afternoon. 99.9% certainty that I won't renew this season and I've probably renewed for 10 consecutive seasons and most seasons over the last 20 years.

Sorry for those that say I'm not a true supporter or to sling my hook that's their opinion. Quite simply I'm not enjoying match day at all at present it but I do believe we've made some good signings that may bear fruit in future seasons. 

I'll renew.

I'll be pissed off if we go down, but I just can't get angry enough to not renew, even though SL and LJ are making that very hard to maintain. The lure of BCFC is just too strong.

I attended from 76-84, had a break until 97 and have had a ST ever since, and I can't see myself staying away now unless I emigrate (likely). I'm lucky I guess in that I've always been pretty nonchalant about the success of the team, it's always predominantly been about the matchday experience, the memories (good and bad), seeing friends/family, having a pint etc..

For me, life's too short to be getting stressed about something you're supposed to be getting enjoyment out of. That's what work's for!

Having said that, I wouldn't blame anyone for not renewing if we go down, or LJ stays, even we scrape survival. The club are taking the piss.

The irony is the one thing that did get me a bit angry was SL saying we'd all be happy at the top of League One, because in my case he's bang on the f'ing money!

Pembo had Tomlin by the throat (allegedly)

SL has me by the balls (confirmed)

Who'd be a City fan eh? :10_1_108:

Now that the Huddersfield game is a Friday, the next home game i can get to is Wolves in April, this must be the lowest number of home games i've ever got to in a season, , 15 Sat home games in total this season, a lot thanks to Sky, and two of those i missed because of holidays, thats an expensive season ticket,  .... Maybe i'll just go to away games next year,   .. being in the Midlands a lot of games will be more local than Ashton Gate.

As long as the hopeless one is at the club, neither me (41 seasons) or my old man (63 seasons, he thinks) will be renewing or attending and that includes games against 'them', that would be hypocritical.

Once Johnson ****s off, we will both be back, even if it is in L1.

The very fact there is a debate on whether fans of 30,40,50+years will renew is all you need to know about our current situation. 

As others have said, this isn't a case of non-support, or not playing our part. Quite the contrary. It's a result of the sheer disbelief at our situation; how quickly we've fallen and the blind faith being shown in those setting records in failure, whilst the fans are being dismissed. 

I don't even know if the financial impact of losing so many ST sales will make any difference. If SL is so calm and confident as we march towards league one, then the drop in finance clearly doesn't bother him. 

44 years continuous support bar joining the missing thousands for a month when Russell Osman was Manager.

Decades as a season ticket holder.

I will not be renewing my season ticket and neither will my family while Lee Johnson is in his role.

2 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

The very fact there is a debate on whether fans of 30,40,50+years will renew is all you need to know about our current situation. 

As others have said, this isn't a case of non-support, or not playing our part. Quite the contrary. It's a result of the sheer disbelief at our situation; how quickly we've fallen and the blind faith being shown in those setting records in failure, whilst the fans are being dismissed. 

I don't even know if the financial impact of losing so many ST sales will make any difference. If SL is so calm and confident as we march towards league one, then the drop in finance clearly doesn't bother him. 

No debate here - 50 years supporting this year and my tickets will be renewed.  If few turn up, the parking and the queue for the pies will improve and I may even have the time to have a pee at half time. Yep.....next season will be great!

11 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

No debate here - 50 years supporting this year and my tickets will be renewed.  If few turn up, the parking and the queue for the pies will improve and I may even have the time to have a pee at half time. Yep.....next season will be great!

Good effort. I hope you enjoy your pie and quick return home after the pleasure of watching Shrewsbury. Not for me

Being a ST holder for several years I will renew, this is in spite of the fact I cannot bear the thought of watching a LJ team for another season, this thread has got me thinking though, what if all ST holders that are going to renew left it until the final day of renewals to secure your seat, surely this would make the club sweat not being certain of any sales figures before the approaching deadline? They wouldn't be able to push out big statements that we have sold 1000's of ST's in the first 48 hours etc? Not sure it would have any impact but worth putting it out there?

44 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Good for you fella.

In the 45 plus years of following City catergory

At least 30 of them a season ticket holder!

Renew?

Not a chance!!!!

Have totally hated the negativity this season, not only from the coach in charge but by all us supporters as well. 

An awful appointment by the owner and until that changes its 

"Goodbye" "Adios" to the club who I have loved all my life. 

Archived