IGNORED

NFL Free Agency

18 minutes ago, northsomersetred said:

Not FA but the Texans Browns trade:blink:

I read this ESPN article it sort of makes sense,and in a bit of a grey area

Can't spell his name trade

Just a strange one, shows what a bad buy Osweiler was last year.

It's a timely reminder that most FA signings just don't work out. As an Eagles fan, I remember the Nnamdi Asomugha, DeMarco Murray and Byron Maxwell signings very clearly!

Hopefully Smith & Jeffery will provide Wentz with the targets he needs this years. With a decent O-line as well, there's no excuses for the offense not to fire this year.

I see Desean Jackson has gone to the Bucs with Garçon likely to go to the 49ers!!

Big point being made about losing 2 1000yrd receivers in one off season. The big question mark is over Cousins & then if he does stay, what has he got to work with? There's no doubting that they have room in the roster to improve the squad in both player spaces & financially & a lot will depend on who they replace those that have gone?

I wait with baited breath........

Hmmm, my Skins have signed Terrell Pryor on a one-year deal.

He seems to have all the attributes to be a successful wide-receiver & I guess having had a relatively small amount of success (personally) at the awful Browns, he now has a better platform to show his talents.

A one-year deal is pretty much risk free & it could be a make or break season for him & there's no doubting that the Skins need some offensive talent.

Now to see who we add to help him........

And Martellus Bennett has signed for the Packers from the Patriots, not a bad signing at all.

On 3/10/2017 at 14:13, northsomersetred said:

Not FA but the Texans Browns trade:blink:

I read this ESPN article it sort of makes sense,and in a bit of a grey area

Can't spell his name trade

When the news broke my intiial thought was that Cleveland had 'done it again', after reading into the logistics of it it could be an incredibly smart move. I'm not into NBA at all, but apparently they have been doing similar for sometime, trading and dumping bad contracts I mean

So, does this mean that Cleveland are just putting the finishing touches to send a nice gift to NE for Jimmy, or are they going to try and bomb again this season and go for Darnold in 12 months time? If anyone watches college football I'd be interested in the views on him, he is certainly getting a lot of attention right now

Quite happy with what the Saints done in FA. Be more interested to see what we do with the #32 pick from the Cooks trade. Could be a useful bargaining tool to move down if there are a surplus of QB's and RB's at the bottom of the 1st round and get another pick or two that we could really do with. On the other hand, by my maths if we were to package both picks up on the trade value chart we could try and go up to 4th. Maybe we've fallen in love with one of the rushers / corners / RBs that will probably go before 11

I do love FA and the draft!

5 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

When the news broke my intiial thought was that Cleveland had 'done it again', after reading into the logistics of it it could be an incredibly smart move. I'm not into NBA at all, but apparently they have been doing similar for sometime, trading and dumping bad contracts I mean

So, does this mean that Cleveland are just putting the finishing touches to send a nice gift to NE for Jimmy, or are they going to try and bomb again this season and go for Darnold in 12 months time? If anyone watches college football I'd be interested in the views on him, he is certainly getting a lot of attention right now

Quite happy with what the Saints done in FA. Be more interested to see what we do with the #32 pick from the Cooks trade. Could be a useful bargaining tool to move down if there are a surplus of QB's and RB's at the bottom of the 1st round and get another pick or two that we could really do with. On the other hand, by my maths if we were to package both picks up on the trade value chart we could try and go up to 4th. Maybe we've fallen in love with one of the rushers / corners / RBs that will probably go before 11

I do love FA and the draft!

Gotta be honest, I've never really paid any attention to FA or the draft, just left it to game time & watch how badly we've traded by our results. This is the first year I've actually bothered in looking to see who we're losing (the Skins) & how we might try to fill the voids that we already had last season.

But I still can't get into college ball, it just seems like getting excited about non-league but with bigger attendances. Maybe I could get into it if it was ran at a different time of year (outside the NFL season) but as it's not, I don't follow it at all.

Which is all kind of strange because I'm into all things football (soccer) & have been watching the NFL since channel 4 started showing it in the 1980's. I guess the finer details of the game confuse the hell out of me (trades & wage caps) so I've just stuck to game time.

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

Gotta be honest, I've never really paid any attention to FA or the draft, just left it to game time & watch how badly we've traded by our results. This is the first year I've actually bothered in looking to see who we're losing (the Skins) & how we might try to fill the voids that we already had last season.

But I still can't get into college ball, it just seems like getting excited about non-league but with bigger attendances. Maybe I could get into it if it was ran at a different time of year (outside the NFL season) but as it's not, I don't follow it at all.

Which is all kind of strange because I'm into all things football (soccer) & have been watching the NFL since channel 4 started showing it in the 1980's. I guess the finer details of the game confuse the hell out of me (trades & wage caps) so I've just stuck to game time.

I love the draft, didn't really take too much notice until about 5 years ago, but I'm a little hooked on it now. I read about it all year round, not just once the season has finished. Always fun to see the people who 12 months out look like an absolute lock to be a top 5 / 10 pick slide down, and then someone come out of nowhere, like Carson Wentz last year. Love seeing the trades go down, took me a while to appreciate the stockpiling of picks and seeing value in a 5th / 6th round pick

Wage cap - jeez, there is a whole situation that I'm glad I'm not involved with. The more I read on that the more confused I get!

29 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I love the draft, didn't really take too much notice until about 5 years ago, but I'm a little hooked on it now. I read about it all year round, not just once the season has finished. Always fun to see the people who 12 months out look like an absolute lock to be a top 5 / 10 pick slide down, and then someone come out of nowhere, like Carson Wentz last year. Love seeing the trades go down, took me a while to appreciate the stockpiling of picks and seeing value in a 5th / 6th round pick

Wage cap - jeez, there is a whole situation that I'm glad I'm not involved with. The more I read on that the more confused I get!

I am trying to pay a bit more attention to it all this year although I don't think I'll get into the college game somehow.

I guess I'm just happy & settled on the way we do it in football (soccer) & found the draft & trades all a little too confusing (who get what picks & when & how they trade players for money / players / picks) & as said before, how it all affects their wage cap.

I will try to actually watch this years draft & see if I pick up one or two nuances in it all & hope that it gives the bug.

14 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I am trying to pay a bit more attention to it all this year although I don't think I'll get into the college game somehow.

I guess I'm just happy & settled on the way we do it in football (soccer) & found the draft & trades all a little too confusing (who get what picks & when & how they trade players for money / players / picks) & as said before, how it all affects their wage cap.

I will try to actually watch this years draft & see if I pick up one or two nuances in it all & hope that it gives the bug.

I've never watched a draft live, it all takes too long in the 1st round. I usually find a decent American sports radio station and nod off listening to it

If Saints ever get the #1 pick I might tune in

17 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I've never watched a draft live, it all takes too long in the 1st round. I usually find a decent American sports radio station and nod off listening to it

If Saints ever get the #1 pick I might tune in

I know Sky have shown it recently (years), always seems to be a massive razzmatazz around it (typical yank style), I'll have a look & see if it's something that appeals to me or not, bound to be able to find something on Kodi showing it.

Marshawn Lynch being linked with a possible move to the Raiders (if he comes out of retirement) but there are several issues to get around.

Does Lynch want back into action? And the Seahawks still hold Lynch's rights so the Raiders would either have to trade for him or get the Seahawks to formally release Lynch, either way, I would expect there to be more than just the Raiders to be interested in Lynch if he were to make a comeback.

My Skins have added former Steelers fifth round pick, linebacker - Chris Carter, another small piece of the jigsaw & from what I've seen of the chat with Kirk Cousins, the Skins are expecting big(er) things this coming season.

Skins have added WR Brian Quick from the FA after his release by the Rams.

It means in theory we have now replaced Jackson & Garçon with two 'bigger' WR's, which should make them easier to find for Cousins.

Little pieces of the jigsaw are slowly being put into place.

6 hours ago, BigTone said:

Do any of them have normal names ?

The teams or the players Tone?

If it's the players you are on about Tone, unfortunately it's the way of the world nowadays, gone are the days of good old English names like Fred, Charles & Henry etc, it's all about being called something different no matter how silly it sounds. 

Archived