IGNORED

Lucic

brizzlelou

A lot of this is quite similar to how Giefer plays but he gets slated for it with us. These guys are used to playing this way and normally can trust playing the ball out like this because the defenders will know how to deal with it. 

I think Giefer's a lot better than he's given credit for, he's just working with defenders that aren't up to the level of keeping possession the way he's used to. 

5 hours ago, RedSA said:

A lot of this is quite similar to how Giefer plays but he gets slated for it with us. These guys are used to playing this way and normally can trust playing the ball out like this because the defenders will know how to deal with it. 

I think Giefer's a lot better than he's given credit for, he's just working with defenders that aren't up to the level of keeping possession the way he's used to. 

Last evening, I watched Schalke playing Moenchengladbach in the Europa League and both keepers gave short passes to defenders when there were attackers in close proximity without any problems whatsoever. It's an accepted way of distribution for German keepers. German defenders clearly better on the ball than some Championship defenders.

22 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Last evening, I watched Schalke playing Moenchengladbach in the Europa League and both keepers gave short passes to defenders when there were attackers in close proximity without any problems whatsoever. It's an accepted way of distribution for German keepers. German defenders clearly better on the ball than some Championship defenders.

They are better in possession, but defending as a whole they are awful, most games have a team scoring 3-4-5 goals. I'd rather have iffy passes from the keeper then plain awful defending. Not to say we have great defenders, but we aren't leaking 4 goals every week.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Yeah, I also watched that game and I thought the same thing. Giefer is from Schalke isn't he? 

Archived