IGNORED

Wigan Away (Merged)

Nuno Gomes

Well at least that what the EP says.  And if we win we'll be out of the bottom three.  I think Wolves and Blackburn may have something to say about that!

"City dropped into the relegation zone last weekend, but can exit the bottom three if they defeat Wigan at the DW Stadium tomorrow."

Read more at http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/top-scorer-tammy-abraham-is-back-at-bristol-city-and-chelsea-loanee-is-ready-for-showdown-with-wigan/story-30190414-detail/story.html#MgK7TizwYqtkKrmc.99

What you don't know is that in order to stop the negativity from the supporters, we've somehow managed to persuade Wigan to bring the game forward and play it behind closed doors. Won't be any booing then.....

ready for "the pitch" to play a big part then; top of the excuses on SATURDAY evening, also going for tammy not quite back yet and we go again Friday

So according to LJ we've now gone from two must win home games,to the Wigan,mustn't lose game,so that's one up front again,go one or two nil down and then change it to two up front and have a go when the horse has already bolted.

3 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

So according to LJ we've now gone from two must win home games,to the Wigan,mustn't lose game,so that's one up front again,go one or two nil down and then change it to two up front and have a go when the horse has already bolted.

Blimey you a fly on the wall in our tactics room? Or just watch the same mistake (5hit) week in or week out?

14 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Blimey you a fly on the wall in our tactics room? Or just watch the same mistake (5hit) week in or week out?

Same **** different week I'm affraid

47 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

ready for "the pitch" to play a big part then; top of the excuses on SATURDAY evening, also going for tammy not quite back yet and we go again Friday

And don't forget ...fine lines....so important to score first ...no one is hurting more than me ...blah blah blah .....

26 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Yep going by his press conference  the subs could have a big impact on the game.

For sure going to start with one up top!!!:blink:

5 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

Also three quick wins can change things.

That's one angle I hadn't looked at.

but only if everyone else dosent do the same, then it wont change sod all.

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Perhaps we should make 3 substitutions in the first 5 minutes, Wigan won't know what's him em!

It really is a strange thought process.

At what ever level of football. I  played for 20 years. (At what level doesn't matter)

But I never ever played in a side that the manager was relining on his subs to win the game.

In any level of football your best players start the game?

Or am I so out of touch with the MODERN game,that now I don't know **** all!!!!

Sorry it should say know **** all.

10 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

It really is a strange thought process.

At what ever level of football. I  played for 20 years. (At what level doesn't matter)

But I never ever played in a side that the manager was relining on his subs to win the game.

In any level of football your best players start the game?

Or am I so out of touch with the MODERN game,that now I don't know **** all!!!!

Sorry it should say know **** all.

He sets the team up incorrectly every week and chases the game by making these subs and eventually getting to a better set up.

Agreed I haven't seen a manager have to chopand change and utilise subs to get the desired result weekly.

9 hours ago, red panda said:

If we kick off tomorrow then we might be 1440-0 up (a goal a minute!) by the time Wigan turn up.  Surely not even we could throw away that lead? 

Sorry to be picky but at most we could be 1-0 up if kick off was tomorrow, who would restart play? 

And thats if we win the toss! ;)

1 hour ago, Tears in rain said:

He sets the team up incorrectly every week and chases the game by making these subs and eventually getting to a better set up.

Agreed I haven't seen a manager have to chopand change and utilise subs to get the desired result weekly.

He sets up to not go behind and hope that we might grab a goal, he then relies on his subs to win the game. He has mentioned it a couple of times, that is his actual tactic. To just not let the opposition score, and who knows get lucky with a goal or two until the later stages of the game where he has confidence in the bench to go out and win a game. That's why we are so damned awful to watch for large periods of matches, and why we don't conceded to many. It's worked a couple of times, but overall it's a awful tactic but one he seems wedded too.

15 minutes ago, Fiale said:

He sets up to not go behind and hope that we might grab a goal, he then relies on his subs to win the game. He has mentioned it a couple of times, that is his actual tactic. To just not let the opposition score, and who knows get lucky with a goal or two until the later stages of the game where he has confidence in the bench to go out and win a game. That's why we are so damned awful to watch for large periods of matches, and why we don't conceded to many. It's worked a couple of times, but overall it's a awful tactic but one he seems wedded too.

Exactly it's so negative.. he doesn't play to our strengths (whatever they were) and he always focuses on stopping other teams.

18 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Pretty sure when he has said that it has been in relation to specific matches, e.g Hull.

10 hours ago, Tears in rain said:

Not every week. I mean how many games this season have we thrown away winning positions? Is it 6/7 if he'd managed to get his subs right in those games, tomorrow wouldn't matter! 

How many we expecting up there tomorrow? Simple train journey, relegation clash, got to be a decent number hasn't it, even despite all the ongoings currently. 

I'm going to stick my neck out and say we'll get a result up there as well, they've won three home games all season (we've only won two away, but let's ignore that for now...). Probably a 5-5 after being 5-0 up at HT if I'm being honest.

Archived