IGNORED

How can Johnson recover?

Alan Dicks

3 minutes ago, Big C said:

Is he hated with a passion though? I cant see it. On OTIB maybe but at the ground there are a murmurs of discontent but I certainly don't feel yet that its the majority of the crowd

@CotswoldRed is quite liked on here I always thought. The majority of the crowd are certainly with him!

5 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Utterly bonkers match assessments. 

Never says he made a mistake. 

Comments such as "the first goal in the Championship is really important". 

You form an impression of someone. He reminds me of the worst boss I ever worked for. 

You've given me reasons as to why he is a shit manager. My question was why is he disliked so strongly on a personal level? 

The truth is no one knows the bloke well enough to have that level of personal hate for a stranger. It's weird

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

Utterly bonkers match assessments. 

Never says he made a mistake. 

Comments such as "the first goal in the Championship is really important". 

You form an impression of someone. He reminds me of the worst boss I ever worked for. 

All that could be said of SOD, but there was never the hatred for him that some posters are giving Johnson.  Indeed, astoundingly, when he was sacked for heading us into L2 there were lots of people defending him and saying we'd turned a corner, on the basis of a home draw. Some still think he's a "misunderstood genius" :whistle:

43 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It's like when a girlfriend's cheated on you , you're never quite sure afterwards and eventually the loss of trust leads to a separation.

Unfortunately someone could be having someone else's wife right under his very nose and I get the impression that all would still be just fantastic.

Awkward 

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

All that could be said of SOD, but there was never the hatred for him that some posters are giving Johnson.  Indeed, astoundingly, when he was sacked for heading us into L2 there were lots of people defending him and saying we'd turned a corner, on the basis of a home draw. Some still think he's a "misunderstood genius" :whistle:

I don't remember Cotterill ever admitting to his mistakes either? 

32 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Lee would have learned a great deal about the squad this season and will look to improve things in his third transfer window.  Next season, the young players will be more experienced and resilient, and if Tammy is replaced with a great centre forward - it could all be beautiful.  The long term plan has a good chance of working!

You should stay away from the glue. 

54 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Spot on. 

Very hot today. Fast descending and an 18km climb to finish off the day. 

IMG-20170309-WA0002.jpg

All you need is a nice Pinarello and you'll fit in nicely with the team sky boys, if you can keep up! ;) Weather looks nice, jealous!!

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks said:

In all my years of supporting City i can only ever recall the fans hating with a passion one man TP, but i think the hate level is fairly near that with Johnson.

I think its got to a personal level and i think many City fans feel its surpassed the level of just wanting the manager sacked.

With Lansdown digging his heels in (burying his head in the sand) it doesn't look likely that LJ is going to get the poke any time soon. 

If Johnson takes us down he's going to be hated.

If Johnson scrapes it to safety, he's still going to be hated.

How can he recover from this, he's lost the majority of the fans i feel?

Hopefully he won't 

15 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Rule #17 & Rule #29 :thumbsup:

Looks lovely there - where are you riding?

P.S.: is that VPL - are you not commando?

Based in Cadiar in the Alpajarra (near Sierra Nevada), Southern Spain. 

No commando today. 

He cant... keeps saying the same thing over and over and over again, he's no city fan he's here for the money and won't resign... we need to grow a pair and sack him and fast! 

5 minutes ago, Wilco said:

He cant... keeps saying the same thing over and over and over again, he's no city fan he's here for the money and won't resign... we need to grow a pair and sack him and fast! 

You know what they say,If you repeat something often enough people will start to believe it..............will we ****.

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks said:

In all my years of supporting City i can only ever recall the fans hating with a passion one man TP, but i think the hate level is fairly near that with Johnson.

I think its got to a personal level and i think many City fans feel its surpassed the level of just wanting the manager sacked.

With Lansdown digging his heels in (burying his head in the sand) it doesn't look likely that LJ is going to get the poke any time soon. 

If Johnson takes us down he's going to be hated.

If Johnson scrapes it to safety, he's still going to be hated.

How can he recover from this, he's lost the majority of the fans i feel?

I think you are right, and can't see Johnson ever turning this around. Eventually SL will have to see the light and sack him. Oddly the longer he hangs on taking us nearer and nearer relegation despite the massive player investment, the lower his stock must become to ever get a league manager job again when he does get sacked.

The Premier league and championship have 44 of the best managers and coaches in this country and a fair few from the rest of Europe. They are exceptional man managers, coaches, tacticians, motivators, astute people, able to spot talent and command great respect. Then there's LJ. Does anyone really believe LJ is one of them? 

1 hour ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

You've given me reasons as to why he is a shit manager. My question was why is he disliked so strongly on a personal level? 

The truth is no one knows the bloke well enough to have that level of personal hate for a stranger. It's weird

You could say that about Blair, bush, Corbyn, all hated on a personal level and no one knows them, you don't have to have met someone to personally dislike them. 

Sorry to buck the trend but I still dislike Tony Pulis more than anyone who's ever been associated with Bristol City football club.

The day that Pulis was ordered by the High Court to pay Crystal Palace £3.7M was one of the happiest days of my life.

The only way Junior can win back the fans is by winning matches - end of.

City should not be in this current plight and with the available players and with experienced man at the helm we should  be mid table or pushing for a pray off place.

Junior has wasted his opportunity but he can't see it.........:facepalm:

If he could see it he'd surely have fallen on his sword by now.

Archived