IGNORED

How can Johnson recover?

Alan Dicks

In all my years of supporting City i can only ever recall the fans hating with a passion one man TP, but i think the hate level is fairly near that with Johnson.

I think its got to a personal level and i think many City fans feel its surpassed the level of just wanting the manager sacked.

With Lansdown digging his heels in (burying his head in the sand) it doesn't look likely that LJ is going to get the poke any time soon. 

If Johnson takes us down he's going to be hated.

If Johnson scrapes it to safety, he's still going to be hated.

How can he recover from this, he's lost the majority of the fans i feel?

7 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

In all my years of supporting City i can only ever recall the fans hating with a passion one man TP, but i think the hate level is fairly near that with Johnson.

I think its got to a personal level and i think many City fans feel its surpassed the level of just wanting the manager sacked.

With Lansdown digging his heels in (burying his head in the sand) it doesn't look likely that LJ is going to get the poke any time soon. 

It's like when a girlfriend's cheated on you , you're never quite sure afterwards and eventually the loss of trust leads to a separation.

Unfortunately someone could be having someone else's wife right under his very nose and I get the impression that all would still be just fantastic.

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It's like when a girlfriend's cheated on you , you're never quite sure afterwards and eventually the loss of trust leads to a separation.

Unfortunately someone could be having someone else's wife right under his very nose and I get the impression that all would still be just fantastic.

I agree with this. 

What he's proven is when under pressure he waffles, relies in soundbites, summarises games that nobody else watched. I could go on. 

For that reason I don't believe what he says and don't trust him with BCFC. 

I think it would take survival this season and genuine progress next year - a mid table finish as an absolute minimum - to even think about recovering his reputation here. Even that is below par really, as it would effectively put us a season behind where we expected to be in terms of overall progress.

His stock is so low now, survival alone won't rescue for him. And if we achieve survival, I would suggest that will be in spite of LJ, not because of him.

Personally I see no point in sticking with him beyond this season regardless of what happens.

17 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

I think the same applies to SL with the amount of vitriol and criticism thrown at him over the last few weeks even if we escape relegation I think his relationship with the fans will never be the same.

Lee would have learned a great deal about the squad this season and will look to improve things in his third transfer window.  Next season, the young players will be more experienced and resilient, and if Tammy is replaced with a great centre forward - it could all be beautiful.  The long term plan has a good chance of working!

Just now, bcfc@downend said:

Dream on....

5 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Lee would have learned a great deal about the squad this season and will look to improve things in his third transfer window.  Next season, the young players will be more experienced and resilient, and if Tammy is replaced with a great centre forward - it could all be beautiful.  The long term plan has a good chance of working!

22 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I think it would take survival this season and genuine progress next year - a mid table finish as an absolute minimum - to even think about recovering his reputation here. Even that is below par really, as it would effectively put us a season behind where we expected to be in terms of overall progress.

His stock is so low now, survival alone won't rescue for him. And if we achieve survival, I would suggest that will be in spite of LJ, not because of him.

Personally I see no point in sticking with him beyond this season regardless of what happens.

Yep I agree with this.

Survival and a much better season next year - with lessons learned - is the only way for Lee.

Even then many won't like him, but if they are not going to be leaving the majority of games depressed,  then slowly the crowds will return.

I like the idea that was mooted of Lee having an "old footballing head" as an advisor.  Not necessarily a permanent appointment,  but someone to put a bit of perspective on things, who can speak to Lee in a mentoring way rather than as an employee junior to him. He's a young man. It is not impossible he will one day become a decent manager. Relying on his dad for advice, as has been suggested he does, is not the same thing. Gary has his own club to run and won't have observed the day-to-day functioning of the club, nor will he be impartial. I don't think this role would need to be as formal as Director of Football.  Just an older guy who's been there and done it, and fancies staying in the game by imparting advice to a relative newbie. 

1 minute ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Apart from the shit results can someon explain why he is disliked on a personal level? Have you all been for a pint with him or something?

Utterly bonkers match assessments. 

Never says he made a mistake. 

Comments such as "the first goal in the Championship is really important". 

You form an impression of someone. He reminds me of the worst boss I ever worked for. 

2 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Apart from the shit results can someon explain why he is disliked on a personal level? Have you all been for a pint with him or something?

He had someone sacked. Apparently that doesn't happen in any other job..... :facepalm:

30 minutes ago, Gibson said:

I think the same applies to SL with the amount of vitriol and criticism thrown at him over the last few weeks even if we escape relegation I think his relationship with the fans will never be the same.

Exactly the same happened with SL last time we went down. He'll be fine.

Archived