IGNORED

Charity Bike Ride - Ashton Gate to Brentford : HAPPENING NOW!!

Harry

“Anyone fancy Brentford away?” was the question posed by Dan.
“Yes mate” I replied.  “Train or minibus?”
“Don’t be silly Harry – we’re gonna cycle it” was Dan’s surprising response.

Sponsorship page : https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/BSUBcycle4mentalhealth 

Yes, we’re cycling to Brentford.  5 of your fellow City fans are setting out at 7:30am on Friday 31st March from Ashton Gate and hoping to make it to Griffin Park for the 3pm kick off on Saturday 1st April.
We are 5 season ticket holders in the Atyeo - Myself (Paul Hocking), Dan Miles, Rob Keitch, Rob Levenston & Tony Warren, and we will have a support van driven by another Atyeo ST holder Stu Powell.
None of us are what you might call ‘bike-fit’ – we are all total novices and 4 of us had to actually buy a bike to take part!  So this is a big challenge for us.

We are of course doing this for charity, which is where this post (and plea) comes in.

We have tailored our 140-mile route to take in 2 places of personal significance.  The Friday will see us ride through Semington (near Trowbridge) and we will visit Semington Crematorium to pay our respects to James ‘Grizz’ Grieve, who was tragically killed in a car accident in February 2016.  Grizz you may remember, completed a charity bike ride to Wembley for the JPT final in 2015, so we really wanted to acknowledge this within our ride and pay our respects.
Day 2 of the ride will take us to Woking Crematorium, where we will pay our respects to Pete Davies, in whose memory we have created this charity partnership – see below.

B Strong U Belong

Our good friend (and fellow City regular) Luke Elstone-Bryan has been the inspiration behind setting up a charity partnership, B Strong U Belong.  We have partnered with 2 Bristol mental health charities – Second Step and Off The Record.  We are engaging in multiple events to raise funds for these charities (one of which is this bike ride), culminating in a visit by 9 of us to Kenya in June to climb it’s highest peak, Mount Longonot (whilst there we will also be volunteering at an orphanage and helping with football coaching at a sports academy).
We have set up BSUB in memory of a very close friend and City fanatic, Pete Davies (Cockney Pete), who took his own life in 2012.  We want to help raise mental health awareness as a legacy for Pete.  The charities we’ve partnered with are amazing and do an incredible job : Second Step help with housing, support and hope for hundreds of people suffering with mental health problems, whilst Off The Record focus on young people, helping to promote and improve mental health and wellbeing amongst children and young adults.

Please help us reach our target of £10,000 for these 2 great charities.  This is going to be a big challenge for all of us and we’d love your support.  Even if all you can spare is 50p or £1, please donate – it all helps.

Many thanks
Harry, Dan, Big Rob, Keitch, Tony & Luke

19 minutes ago, Harry said:

Sponsorship page : https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/BSUBcycle4mentalhealth 

Yes, we’re cycling to Brentford.  5 of your fellow City fans are setting out at 7:30am on Friday 31st March from Ashton Gate and hoping to make it to Griffin Park for the 3pm kick off on Saturday 1st April.
We are 5 season ticket holders in the Atyeo - Myself (Paul Hocking), Dan Miles, Rob Keitch, Rob Levenston & Tony Warren, and we will have a support van driven by another Atyeo ST holder Stu Powell.
None of us are what you might call ‘bike-fit’ – we are all total novices and 4 of us had to actually buy a bike to take part!  So this is a big challenge for us.

We are of course doing this for charity, which is where this post (and plea) comes in.

We have tailored our 140-mile route to take in 2 places of personal significance.  The Friday will see us ride through Semington (near Trowbridge) and we will visit Semington Crematorium to pay our respects to James ‘Grizz’ Grieve, who was tragically killed in a car accident in February 2016.  Grizz you may remember, completed a charity bike ride to Wembley for the JPT final in 2015, so we really wanted to acknowledge this within our ride and pay our respects.
Day 2 of the ride will take us to Woking Crematorium, where we will pay our respects to Pete Davies, in whose memory we have created this charity partnership – see below.

B Strong U Belong

Our good friend (and fellow City regular) Luke Elstone-Bryan has been the inspiration behind setting up a charity partnership, B Strong U Belong.  We have partnered with 2 Bristol mental health charities – Second Step and Off The Record.  We are engaging in multiple events to raise funds for these charities (one of which is this bike ride), culminating in a visit by 9 of us to Kenya in June to climb it’s highest peak, Mount Longonot (whilst there we will also be volunteering at an orphanage and helping with football coaching at a sports academy).
We have set up BSUB in memory of a very close friend and City fanatic, Pete Davies (Cockney Pete), who took his own life in 2012.  We want to help raise mental health awareness as a legacy for Pete.  The charities we’ve partnered with are amazing and do an incredible job : Second Step help with housing, support and hope for hundreds of people suffering with mental health problems, whilst Off The Record focus on young people, helping to promote and improve mental health and wellbeing amongst children and young adults.

Please help us reach our target of £10,000 for these 2 great charities.  This is going to be a big challenge for all of us and we’d love your support.  Even if all you can spare is 50p or £1, please donate – it all helps.

Many thanks

Will u be doing a collection at the Huddersfield game . Or will it be online only . Done now anyway. Best of luck . My advice get some comfy pants 

2 hours ago, Harry said:

B Strong U Belong

Many thanks

Good luck guys good thing your doing!

Wow, thanks for the generous contributions already.  Very much appreciated.

@Dollymarie don't pin this one just yet, I'll let @Bristol Rob keep it alive with some poor puns and general micky-taking of my ability to do this!  I'll let you know when he's had enough and it needs pinning.

@Red Army 75 yes we were planning a bucket collection at Hudds home game but it's more difficult for us to do properly now it's a Friday.  We have the ok from Brentford to do a 'bucket-shake' up there and will hope to do similar in the home game after the event instead.

49 minutes ago, Harry said:

Wow, thanks for the generous contributions already.  Very much appreciated.

@Dollymarie don't pin this one just yet, I'll let @Bristol Rob keep it alive with some poor puns and general micky-taking of my ability to do this!  I'll let you know when he's had enough and it needs pinning.

@Red Army 75 yes we were planning a bucket collection at Hudds home game but it's more difficult for us to do properly now it's a Friday.  We have the ok from Brentford to do a 'bucket-shake' up there and will hope to do similar in the home game after the event instead.

(Hopefully that counts as general Micky taking)

6 hours ago, Harry said:

B Strong U Belong

Many thanks

well done guys I will definitely sponsor you for this, I hope you reach your target. nice touch visiting the two locations as well. from grizzs cousin

@Mkelly @AdamB

Hi guys, not expecting either of you to dip your own hands in your pockets as I'm sure you're inundated with requests of this nature, but maybe you could send a link to this thread internally or bake a cake and sell a few slices and donate the proceeds.

Maybe a bit of Twitter promotion if you are blessed with a following?

Cheers!

14 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Someone shout me nearer the time, and I'll gladly pin this.

@Harry take as many spare inner tubes for the bikes as you can. I'm serious. 

@Harry (and the others) ... Good Luck, Great Efforts Planned For Great Causes...

(*As well as 'inner tubes' don't forget some 'outer/inner lubes' too, saddle sores ain't funny!)

20 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Do you want to tell all the boys and girls how you'll be training today and why you won't be in the pub to watch the rugby?

Well, my training on Saturday consisted of a 13k run (as I'm also doing the Forest of Dean half marathon next week). 

Oh, I think you're referring to my afternoon visit to Cardiff to watch Justin's Party with my 3 year old daughter. ''Twas highly entertaining. Believe me, I didn't really WANT to be in Cardiff, but don't worry, I took plenty of City stickers! 

13 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Stop right there. @Harry how the hell is she 3 already?!?!? 

Yeah, time flies.  She'll be getting a season ticket sooner than you think!!

Thanks to everyone who has donated so far - please keep it coming, it's really appreciated.

Archived