IGNORED

If you were the owner of a business

NickJ

Probably depend on whether I had "mentored" him, offered him a mock interview before his first job and then kept in touch with him over the years with every intention of offering him a job he patently wasn't suitable for.

Actually as we all know, this is utter bollocks, the correct answer is to sack the hapless clown months ago..

A lot of people would say a good manager is able to take what he has and make it perform better than the sum of it's parts and improve them over time by working on their weaknesses. But I think that's a silly way to do it, the better option is to keep employing better quality staff until the team is full of people who are the best at their jobs, and can beat all other competition, therefore any input from the manager is meaningless. Then the poor manager looks good, even though any clown at that point could do well - but at least I wouldn't lose face  :kiddie: :whistle:

5 minutes ago, Fiale said:

A lot of people would say a good manager is able to take what he has and make it perform better than the sum of it's parts and improve them over time by working on their weaknesses. But I think that's a silly way to do it, the better option is to keep employing better quality staff until the team is full of people who are the best at their jobs, and can beat all other competition, therefore any input from the manager is meaningless. Then the poor manager looks good, even though any clown at that point could do well - but at least I wouldn't lose face  :kiddie: :whistle:

Like it.

And if your manager was clearly rubbish at any of those aspects of management, what would you do?

With such a short time left until the end of the season, I would put all hands to the pumps to keep the thing afloat and stay up at the end of the season and then re-evaluate.  I believe that the basic squad if good enough and that with a couple of additions, we could compete well next season.

If I was a business owner and was putting millions of my own money in then I would want someone in charge who I got on with like a son and where I could have more control on things. Sorry was speaking from SL point of view then! 

I would want someone who is experienced in that field and had a proven record in succeeding 

1 minute ago, iamsober said:

If I was a business owner and was putting millions of my own money in then I would want someone in charge who I got on with like a son and where I could have more control on things. Sorry was speaking from SL point of view then! 

I would want someone who is experienced in that field and had a proven record in succeeding 

Yes quite. But what would you do?

4 minutes ago, St Aldhelms Red said:

What if the 16 were not sub standard, but were recruited for 10 years time?

If that was the policy throughout the club my first task would be to shop the Under-21's coach to the police.

8 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

With such a short time left until the end of the season,

I would put all hands to the pumps

to keep the thing afloat and stay up at the end of the season and then re-evaluate.

I believe that the basic squad if good enough and that with a couple of additions, we could compete well next season.

That's all very cliche

What do you / does that actually mean ?

I accept the Titanic is extremely apt if it was a reference 

8 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

With such a short time left until the end of the season, I would put all hands to the pumps to keep the thing afloat and stay up at the end of the season and then re-evaluate.  

So that's what you would do?

**** me wasted my time with that question. It's so obvious now.

44 minutes ago, NickJ said:

And your manager recruited 19 staff, then admitted 16 of them were sub standard.

What would you do?

firstly question why the **** he or she recruited that many without understanding what the existing team could actually do under better management.

secondly, fire them.

thirdly, get them back in and fire them again

44 minutes ago, NickJ said:

And your manager recruited 19 staff, then admitted 16 of them were sub standard.

What would you do?

Not sure where anyone has admitted they are sub standard. If that was the case then not many of them would be given a look in. They have. 

Consistency in how they are used may be a different and better question? 

10 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Like it.

And if your manager was clearly rubbish at any of those aspects of management, what would you do?

Thankfully as a extremely wealthy man (I don't like to brag)  I can just keep throwing money at the problem, by the laws of probability alone we will stumble across the perfect team eventually regardless of ineptness. 

3 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Hahaha these threads are endless 

I want him to go but I can check in every 15 minutes and there's a new one :)

Excuse me but I am asking a general question about management. Which threads do you mean? :shifty:

I would dispose of anyone around me that threatened my position or challenged me for my position. I would surround myself with people that I could trust and manipulate. I wouldn't want anyone around that could expose me as a fraud and a charlatan. I would take on people who could take the blame and the bullet if necessary. By the time I was close to being found out I would be feathering my nest in preparation to jump ship so that I could still class my tenure as a success. It would initially be carnage after I had left but I would exonerate myself by saying things were different when I was there.

Archived