IGNORED

The Official Wigan Athletic v Bristol City Match Day Thread

2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Good day everyone, short and sweet from me today as i am attending a trade fair in Jakarta.

So, here we go again then. Wigan Athletic, the last club to be voted into the Football League in 1978 replacing Southport after a second round of voting. 

City today? Who knows? Frankly I am tired, i just feel very tired and unmotivated to write anything meaningful and for that I apologise.

A big salute to the supporters to stick by our club through thick and thin; I wish I was more stoic about the whole affair.

UTC, as always.

Hope you're passing this type of thread onto your bosses Adam B?

• Like 5
2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Good day everyone, short and sweet from me today as i am attending a trade fair in Jakarta.

So, here we go again then. Wigan Athletic, the last club to be voted into the Football League in 1978 replacing Southport after a second round of voting. 

City today? Who knows? Frankly I am tired, i just feel very tired and unmotivated to write anything meaningful and for that I apologise.

A big salute to the supporters to stick by our club through thick and thin; I wish I was more stoic about the whole affair.

UTC, as always.

This says it all for me. 

Safe trip to those travelling and fair play to you for taking on the trek. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

UTC, as always.

Good morning to all, the sun is shining and the birds are singing here. How long is it to Jakarta? Thick and thin, yes. Its BCFC not LJ its about. Opinions about LJ, yes, he will be here rest of the season whatever I want it or not. Lets face life. Think we will play safe first half with one upfront. 0-0 ht, then two fw and we win 2-0. As always, Come on you reds

• Like 1
1 hour ago, glos old boy said:

Seems like our team you are describing there; and yes well done to those who have travelled; I wouldn't cross the road to see them atm even if it was free......LJ/MA OUT

Wigan....no fans...cack hole but as sh1te as us atm.  If LJ don't win this he wants shagging.

1 hour ago, glos old boy said:

Seems like our team you are describing there; and yes well done to those who have travelled; I wouldn't cross the road to see them atm even if it was free......LJ/MA OUT

Wigan....no fans...cack hole but as sh1te as us atm.  If LJ don't win this he wants shagging.

Rudolph Hucker,stand by.....,

Edited by Robert the bruce
correction
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, glos old boy said:

:unsure: I don't even Mr Hucker would go that far…

• Like 1

I have faith in the ability or our players and their desire to keep us up.

I have zero faith in our managers ability to set them up in a way that will allow them to play to their strengths. I dont know who is managing Wigan these days but whoever he is, he is smarter and more tactically aware than LJ.

Fortunately for us, Wigan have a terrible scoring record. Expect a real toilet of a match. 0-0 or 1-0 either way.

COYR

• Like 2

I couldn't give a toss. Well that's a lie. I don't expect anything but disappointment. I don't need disappointment in my life so I will go to the cinema. This whole Catch 22 scenario is doing my head in. Can I just wake up on Monday morning to find out City beat Wigan and LJ has been replaced by Fleetwood's manager ?

• Like 4

This is awful. Every week I look forward to reading Hava's reviews - always interesting, always full of enthusiasm. The mood around the club now seems to have gone beyond anger. Just sadness, and by the time it's hitting good folk like Hava something is dreadfully wrong. SL should open his eyes and see what is happening. The club is losing people by the  bucket load at the moment. I won't be there today, or listening - I'll be playing golf. Hope the boys win today, but don't have any expectation at all. Just sad.

• Like 11
5 hours ago, havanatopia said:

UTC, as always.

Condensed Version

Wigan:

Tired but UTC

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I have faith in the ability or our players and their desire to keep us up.

I have zero faith in our managers ability to set them up in a way that will allow them to play to their strengths. I dont know who is managing Wigan these days but whoever he is, he is smarter and more tactically aware than LJ.

Fortunately for us, Wigan have a terrible scoring record. Expect a real toilet of a match. 0-0 or 1-0 either way.

COYR

You'll more than likely be right but I have a horrible feeling that LJ will change his tactics yet again and go gung ho attack from the start as he is desperate for a win. Wigan then pick us off on the break and give us a real pasting.

I can only hope that my negative outlook is totally wrong and we bring the points home instead.

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

This one has a draw wrote all over it. 

But I'm praying for a 2-1 City win with Tammy scoring a winner.

COME ON YOU REDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the same. 1-1 draw. But have a slight feeling it's going to go the other way and Wigan will edge it with an 89th minute worldy.

36 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

:unsure: I don't even Mr Hucker would go that far…

I dunno. Any holes a goal for @Rudolf Hucker:thumbsup:

• Like 1

A real six pointer today, if we lose then they Wigan leap frog us - games we need to go our way, even then Wolves had 2 games in hand and Blackburn one game in hand on us.

Wolves v Rotherham      wolves to lose

Norwich v Blackburn      Blackburn to lose

if they don't go our way things will look a little bleak  this evening, 

ScreenShot_20170311083148.png

7 minutes ago, Fiale said:

A real six pointer today, if we lose then they Wigan leap frog us - games we need to go our way, even then Wolves had 2 games in hand and Blackburn one game in hand on us.

Wolves v Rotherham      wolves to lose

Norwich v Blackburn      Blackburn to lose

if they don't go our way things will look a little bleak  this evening, 

ScreenShot_20170311083148.png

Christ so despite awful form we have the highest chance of an away win today 

Edited by ollywhyte

I'm dreading today's game. It's such a crucial one and a win is so important, but I have zero confidence we will play well enough to get the 3 points. If I was a Wigan fan I would be optimistic about getting a result at home against a fragile team low on confidence who don't seem capable of winning.

I really hope I'm wrong and we smash them.

Fair play to havanatopia for continuing the tradition of starting the match day thread, despite feeling the sense of gloom shared by so many of us. 

Hope the City fans travelling up there have a good journey and are rewarded with something to cheer about.