IGNORED

Atyeo fans moving to South Stand next season

Red Army 75

I have received a letter about next season. I'm in the Atyeo. Atyeo season ticket holders will be moved to s25-s27 of south stand. Relaxed option of standing. Price the same as the rest of the stand. Which is correct. Season tickets will go on sale march 20th. Full details released next 7 days. Atyeo away fans only . 

If this means the whole Atyeo will be given to away fans, and no potential faffing about required for cup games, then common sense has finally prevailed.

It should also mean the atmosphere is improved with home condensed into three stands and our most vocal element at the heart of it.

All good news in my opinion. I just hope we're in the right division to see the true benefit.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Seems a good idea. Can anyone post a picture of that section? I assume it's the corner 

Also, could we rename the thread? I assumed it was about that LJ letter and I think lots will be interested in this Atyeo news rather than another LJ thread.

I was going to edit the thread title but didn't want half the forum jumping on my head :fear:;) 

If we continue our plummet to L1 the Atyeo is going to be underused next season then !

Except when the SAGs come to see what a proper stadium looks like

Will be glad to see our most vocal support in the SS tho - shame it's stuck in a corner tho

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Seems a good idea. Can anyone post a picture of that section? I assume it's the corner 

IMG_0825.PNG

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

What does this mean for people who say Bristol Sport doesn't want these sort of fans? A relaxed attitude to standing suggests to me they are doing what they can to accommodate them.

I am one of those who believes that. Well, it's good news and progress but given their track record I'm naturally a bit cynical, even with good news. Really hoping this is a good arrangement for all parties. Crucially; room for that section to grow and expand if needs be.

@ChippenhamRed if I was to be extra cynical, I'd say it's a downgrade from initial proposals before its completion for 'singers' to occupy central blocks of the SS - obviously they can't make that happen now - however this is the best solution they've had since the EE.

Hoping for a much better atmosphere at AG that gets the whole ground going.. just a shame if it's in league 1..

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

@ChippenhamRed if I was to be extra cynical, I'd say it's a downgrade from initial proposals before its completion for 'singers' to occupy central blocks of the SS - obviously they can't make that happen now - however this is the best solution they've had since the EE.

Hoping for a much better atmosphere at AG that gets the whole ground going.. just a shame if it's in league 1..

Fair enough Phileas, although I do think you have your cynicism set to 11!

27 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If this means the whole Atyeo will be given to away fans, and no potential faffing about required for cup games, then common sense has finally prevailed.

It should also mean the atmosphere is improved with home condensed into three stands and our most vocal element at the heart of it.

All good news in my opinion. I just hope we're in the right division to see the true benefit.

Going to be a bit echoey in there next season.

24 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If we continue our plummet to L1 the Atyeo is going to be underused next season then !

Except when the SAGs come to see what a proper stadium looks like

Will be glad to see our most vocal support in the SS tho - shame it's stuck in a corner tho

IMG_0825.PNG

Do you think it might tip up with all the weight at one end?

This is the best position for a relaxed attitude to standing section as it won't block the view of those sitting. I hope the minority who want to stand but, can't fit into this section, don't spoil things by trying to stand in the adjoining block. 

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So has the rake of the stand changed?

I'm sure before you were forced in to the Atyeo the SS wasn't suitable. 

The official line is that a different safety officer was in charge when that line was trotted out, compared to now. I'm still going with the "they didn't want us pesky hooligans near the what was then directors area" theory though.  

With the size of the ground the Atyeo shouldn't be needed for home fans. Plenty of space in lansdown stand to utilise, pretty sure this is best for all parties really.

Similar set up to Charlton Athletic as well with the horseshoe being home fans and the isolated stand being for away fans. 

Archived