IGNORED

Atyeo fans moving to South Stand next season

Red Army 75

24 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

It was never dangerous. It's just the previous safety officer wasn't a fan of standing. The current regime is much more tolerant. And in any case the stand was built so that one day should safe standing be allowed to be retrofitted, it can be. The rake of the stand is fine. 

I think technically the rake of the stand is fine for safe standing but not really for standing in a seated area. Which is why I'm surprised (pleasantly though) by this announcement. My understanding was that the Atyeo had been used until now because it had a shallower rake than the other stands and fell just the right side of the line in terms of what the regulations permit.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I think technically the rake of the stand is fine for safe standing but not really for standing in a seated area. Which is why I'm surprised (pleasantly though) by this announcement. My understanding was that the Atyeo had been used until now because it had a shallower rake than the other stands and fell just the right side of the line in terms of what the regulations permit.

I'll tag our resident expert @Blagdon red so he can give the right answer for us :) 

30 minutes ago, kivsy said:

As I'm not renewing my season ticket cos of this god awful manager, will I be able to go in section 82 area  by paying on the day ?   

Would imagine they'll struggle to stop anyone with a SS ticket from navigating to an unreserved area once they are in the stand.

Might be more of a challenge using the closest vorm-thing on the way in if they are checking tickets, but that'll probably only last for the first few games anyway.

Think it's the right thing to do especially in this league.......But if the worse happens and we get relegated I would not be happy giving 4000 seats away to the Sags....Couldn't think of anything worse than hearing that awful dreary stolen song being sang and were only given 1000 over Whorefield, it makes me shudder

2 minutes ago, kevthered said:

Think it's the right thing to do especially in this league.......But if the worse happens and we get relegated I would not be happy giving 4000 seats away to the Sags....Couldn't think of anything worse than hearing that awful dreary stolen song being sang and were only given 1000 over Whorefield, it makes me shudder

Can't imagine they'd get much more than the minimum, simple to keep the police bill at a manageable level.

Personally I am not bothered where the singers are, for one season they were behind us in the Williams, it was a brilliant atmosphere, only downside then were some who idiots who kept rushing down to the front near the end of the game and anyone who was in the way got bashed out if the way - what I fail to understand is blocked off seats behind a goal or a stand virtually empty, so these plans will result in a virtually empty atteo when some teams only have a couple of hundred travelling fans, surely the spare capacity should be used. 

3 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Personally I am not bothered where the singers are, for one season they were behind us in the Williams, it was a brilliant atmosphere, only downside then were some who idiots who kept rushing down to the front near the end of the game and anyone who was in the way got bashed out if the way - what I fail to understand is blocked off seats behind a goal or a stand virtually empty, so these plans will result in a virtually empty atteo when some teams only have a couple of hundred travelling fans, surely the spare capacity should be used. 

It will be in the premiership! :)

I mainly got into City because of the atmosphere at games, the B Block Dolman an all that.  Yes, all my family are City but these days, honestly, they're essentially turning it into to an Ed Sheeren gig;  it's a nightmare.

All the games I've been to at AG since the new build are just a family day out attraction type affair.  Like the Hippodrome.

It's not just Landsdown or LJ; watch MikeJ's YouTubes seasonal highlights from yesteryear.

Football is now a populist, fashion accessory. 

Football as it was in my heart is sadly now dead.

2 hours ago, kevthered said:

If it happens give them the minimum we have to Imo

Welcome back to the East End ! 

At last , common sense has prevailed . Well done to the Club for listening to the fans . Revenues and atmosphere both enhanced . Top Tier far more likely to be open too.

Now all we have to do is stay up to make us really look forward to next season...and perhaps new manager too. Or am I wishing for too much ?

So all the kids in the family stand have to sit up in the upper lansdown stand, squinting at the players and having no chance of getting photos or autographs of the players.

And why,,...so the meatheads from the atyeo can have be moved into thier seats, suppose at least they are now kept well away from the away fans, family stand traditionally has always been right next to the action, now they are moved into the gods.  

utterly bewildering from the club, screwing over the fans of tomorrow, mindless just mindless

i guess with a fans liaison officer who is also the media manager and a non effective supporters club/trustwhat ruin and chance getting a common sense approach from the club. 

29 minutes ago, Bowie said:

So all the kids in the family stand have to sit up in the upper lansdown stand, squinting at the players and having no chance of getting photos or autographs of the players.

And why,,...so the meatheads from the atyeo can have be moved into thier seats, suppose at least they are now kept well away from the away fans, family stand traditionally has always been right next to the action, now they are moved into the gods.  

utterly bewildering from the club, screwing over the fans of tomorrow, mindless just mindless

i guess with a fans liaison officer who is also the media manager and a non effective supporters club/trustwhat ruin and chance getting a common sense approach from the club. 

What a cock you are sir.

1 hour ago, Bowie said:

And why,,...so the meatheads from the atyeo can have be moved into thier seats.

Thanks I've been working out  :blush: whilst I'm happy to be moving back to the eastend and I'm pretty sure your post was just trolling I do agree that up in the gods is a strange place for the family section, I'm not really sure where else they could go without upsetting more people? The Landsdown/south stand corner maybe?

1 hour ago, Bowie said:

I hea you get a great view of the game from up there though, see it unravel from a better perspective etc makes for a better understanding of what's going on! 

I like the thought of the kidzone - and the slightly different offer balance in the concessions. I personally prefer the side-on view (hence sitting in S27) and the price increase is probably smaller than the hike if we just upped and moved to the side.

I am a bit worried about the potential for them to feel separated from the game. I am also a bit concerned that they will not see the players up-close (their final warmup was by the family area for example). There are possible ways for this last point to be mitigated though - perhaps some of the non-involved players being available for autographs etc. up in the area?

And it does bring the eastenders back to that corner, which in my opinon can only be good for the overall atmosphere in the ground. SO on balance this is probably the best overall option, as each of the two affected groups can move as a group without having a knock-on effect on other fans

Archived