IGNORED

Atyeo fans moving to South Stand next season

Red Army 75

3 hours ago, Countryfile said:

I don't see why there should be complaints. The standing area will be clearly defined, and there is plenty of room, so no need for any overflow type standing.

The atmosphere will improve, no question, believe it or not there are people in the SS and Lansdown who often join in with the singing, and with the most vociferous people closer that will definitely increase the sound levels, win win as far as I can see.

Complaints will be about the language and general loutish/drunk behavior of the number of fans included in the Atyeo move. Not denying the atmosphere will improve, but it won't be without complaints, due to families and elderly fans being near some of these supporters.

• Admin
21 minutes ago, SARJ said:

Complaints will be about the language and general loutish/drunk behavior of the number of fans included in the Atyeo move. Not denying the atmosphere will improve, but it won't be without complaints, due to families and elderly fans being near some of these supporters.

Interestingly have heard many stories of bad language etc within the current family area that has gone unpunished all season

5 hours ago, cider head said:

Atyeo? Meatheads?? There have been families joining in the Atyeo rather than going in to the family section as they love the flags and singing. Meatheads? Really?.. 

Only thing I will say that yes maybe the family section is too high up for kids as yes they like to sit touch line to interact with the players and get autographs, it would make more sense to have families in the seats by the tunnel and dug out which then could defuse and abuse directed towards the manager and players on the bench (deserved or not), thus giving kids more interaction with the players. 

Great idea in theory, trouble us wouldn't those seats being side view, right on the touch line in the best stand be the most expensive and desireable  So I can't see the club wanting to discount them, or the people in them wanting to move (no I know in the past, and again people haven't had a choice)

• Admin
12 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

All well and good but they want 50 quid more per ticket. 

But paying same as everyone else in same stand.

Worth it for better views and facilities. But agree not so wise freezing prices on relegation 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

But paying same as everyone else in same stand.

Worth it for better views and facilities. But agree not so wise freezing prices on relegation 

I have no probs with parity in the stands i just think the 16% (??) odd increase is a piss take particularly with how shit its been this season. 

Its just hard when you have three tickets in the household to find another £150 for the same thing. 

First world problems though i suppose :/

8 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I have no probs with parity in the stands i just think the 16% (??) odd increase is a piss take particularly with how shit its been this season. 

Its just hard when you have three tickets in the household to find another £150 for the same thing. 

I've got 5 to pay for :blink:

2 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

All well and good but they want 50 quid more per ticket. Need to think about this as 150 more expensive will not be acceptable in league one or championship with LJ ******* around. 

Yep. to each his own. Fair play to those who sign up. I replied to the club today that I wont be taking up their offer.

Cheeky ***** should reduce prices across the stadium if we go down.

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Just think yourself lucky you've had a cheap season ticket this year! I've payed over £450! For this season's delight!!

On 12/03/2017 at 19:20, Bowie said:

So all the kids in the family stand have to sit up in the upper lansdown stand, squinting at the players and having no chance of getting photos or autographs of the players.

And why,,...so the meatheads from the atyeo can have be moved into thier seats, suppose at least they are now kept well away from the away fans, family stand traditionally has always been right next to the action, now they are moved into the gods.  

utterly bewildering from the club, screwing over the fans of tomorrow, mindless just mindless

i guess with a fans liaison officer who is also the media manager and a non effective supporters club/trustwhat ruin and chance getting a common sense approach from the club. 

What a load if rubbish you are talking, the East End should have been given back to the singers sooner imo. It will improve the atmosphere. Not everyone in the Atyeo is a meathead, I've witnessed just as many morons in family/ less vocal areas over the years. 

3 minutes ago, Cider red said:

What a load if rubbish you are talking, the East End should have been given back to the singers sooner imo. It will improve the atmosphere. Not everyone in the Atyeo is a meathead, I've witnessed just as many morons in family/ less vocal areas over the years. 

Don't bite everything this guy posts is utter drivel 

5 hours ago, phantom said:

Interestingly have heard many stories of bad language etc within the current family area that has gone unpunished all season

That'll be me :)

Seriously though I can't say I'm that enamoured with the Upper Tier of the Lansdown. We'll see **** all compared to where we are now.

And I don't want a "fan zone" for my kids. I take them to watch the football not get all loved up with some idiot dressed up in something that appears to resemble a robin.

And I'm not interested in having another 15% discount on pasties and over priced Yorkies to line Lansdown's pockets.

So apart from The Downs, Bristol Manor Farm, Frome Town or the Rovers :) where should we go :)

8 hours ago, Tears in rain said:

I like the unreserved sitting areas allows more freedom for fans.

I used to sit in the old Williams stand before having to move due to redevelopment and that unreserved area was great. Sat there from when I was about 5 whenever we could get to games from Sussex. Never really bothered with family areas etc.

Where was the unreserved area in the Williams before the redevelopment? Cheers...

5 minutes ago, Tears in rain said:

Used to be in I think not sure block F (from what I remember)

Basically the one closest to the away fans lower down the stand.

Ok, thanks, I didn't realise it was unreserved in that section. My season ticket was near there for years and I never knew that bit was 'sit where you want'...

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ok, thanks, I didn't realise it was unreserved in that section. My season ticket was near there for years and I never knew that bit was 'sit where you want'...

Yeah it wasn't massively advertised (i don't think).

Just used to say it on the ticket that was all and I imagine when you pay on the day you would be made aware of that section.

16 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

£50 extra with this Muppet in charge and possibly in League 1, not exactly chomping at the bit to blindly give the club my money.

Think of it as having a discounted ticket for a couple of seasons compared to many less fortunate souls.:whistle:

I was in the Williams, had to move to the South Stand and pay £100 more for the pleasure. Then moved back to the West Stand and had to pay another £100 extra again. £200 increase in two seasons to end up with the same view, all be it with better facilities, but, still only, a seat, a roof, a food outlet and a toilet. And worse entertainment.

A colleague of mine currently in the family section SS 25-27 has been advised by the club that although the area will be unreserved next season her family do not have to move. If this is correct or indeed misguided advice how would the proposed changes be implemented if all in the family section decided not to move?!

Archived