IGNORED

Atyeo fans moving to South Stand next season

Red Army 75

23 minutes ago, BCFC1959 said:

A colleague of mine currently in the family section SS 25-27 has been advised by the club that although the area will be unreserved next season her family do not have to move. If this is correct or indeed misguided advice how would the proposed changes be implemented if all in the family section decided not to move?!

So the family turns up, see  there aren't enough seats together, or object to industrial language what happens then ? 

28 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

So the family turns up, see  there aren't enough seats together, or object to industrial language what happens then ? 

they **** off

• SC&T Board Members
25 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

You have to assume that anyone currently in that area who chooses to stay there will be doing so because they wish to be in a vibrant, unreserved area and aren't easily offended by the occasional use of industrial language.

Families to whom that does not apply, are clearly best advised to take up the offer of moving to the new family section or to consider buying seats elsewhere in the ground.

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

As far as I'm aware, Atyeo movers get first dibs on the seats in that area, (because we can't stay in the Atyeo, and are being moved) then any remaining seats will be sold to those who wish to sit in that area. 

Sorry if it's already been discussed but how many people does that area hold? Similar to the Atyeo or more, less etc?

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

Sorry if it's already been discussed but how many people does that area hold? Similar to the Atyeo or more, less etc?

Ayteo was restricted to 1000,so more available next season.

2 hours ago, Loon plage said:

They move seats shouldn't be an issue...

When I used to go I was subject to that in unreserved or normal seating and if I had real issues then we asked to move.

Had one issue at 6 when I heard the word C*** from a very angry man. Stewards happily moved us and all was good.

Didnt have any issues after that got used to it really. I try my best not to swear and shout to much but sometimes the officials are useless or something happens that makes you say something a bit to loudly.

• SC&T Board Members
1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

Around 1,100, so slightly more than in the Atyeo.

At the last FAN, they were considering giving themselves the flexibility to expand that a bit further, if the demand was there once the existing Atyeo group had been accommodated. Whether they have ultimately decided to do that, I don't know.

Yeah I did wonder what would happen if more people wanted to be in there than there is available seats, especially as the way the stadium is designed anyone could walk into that area. I imagine there's more than 1000 season ticket holders that would like to stand in an unreserved area especially when you consider pay on the day supporters will want to go in there to stand with their friends.

41 minutes ago, Tears in rain said:

They move seats shouldn't be an issue...

When I used to go I was subject to that in unreserved or normal seating and if I had real issues then we asked to move.

Had one issue at 6 when I heard the word C*** from a very angry man. Stewards happily moved us and all was good.

Didnt have any issues after that got used to it really. I try my best not to swear and shout to much but sometimes the officials are useless or something happens that makes you say something a bit to loudly.

I agree but it will be interesting to see how it works in practice.

22 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

@SARJ Maybe you could tell me how many people have been ejected for being drunk this season? Maybe @JulieH has the stats on that? 

No need to have a pop at me, I'm just stating the inevitable. I know a number of families and elderly supporters who go down and sit in the Dolman/South and are not looking forward to the language or fans that will be coming into their midst. I know you sit in the Atyeo Dolls so you cannot disagree with me about the language and content of some songs that is bound to cause upset to the more sensitive supporters who generally sit in the South Stand and Dolman.

As for ejections because of behavior, drunk or not, I have personally witnessed 4 since New Year. Not all by Police, and I imagine not all prosecuted, but I witnessed these first hand along with numerous others in the Atyeo. One was just a few weeks ago when a young lad in Stone Island was led out by stewads as he wouldn't get out the aisle and was being abusive. Another was the infamous Motty and 2 accompanying lads, ejected for offensive language and standing on railings. Happened right in front of me so know it to be true.

2 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

You have to assume that anyone currently in that area who chooses to stay there will be doing so because they wish to be in a vibrant, unreserved area and aren't easily offended by the occasional use of industrial language.

Families to whom that does not apply, are clearly best advised to take up the offer of moving to the new family section or to consider buying seats elsewhere in the ground.

You would rightly assume that, but some people aren't aware of how things work in practice. If you get a family sat towards the back and they can't see the match because there's a thousand people stood in front of them, I can see a few issues. It works itself out currently in the Atyeo because "sitters migrate to the front, but that might not occur to relatively newish football goers or people with maybe one year sitting perfectly nicely in the South.

Could be a moot point in a couple of months whether finding the seat you want is likely to be an issue anyway.

4 minutes ago, SARJ said:

No need to have a pop at me, I'm just stating the inevitable. I know a number of families and elderly supporters who go down and sit in the Dolman/South and are not looking forward to the language or fans that will be coming into their midst. I know you sit in the Atyeo Dolls so you cannot disagree with me about the language and content of some songs that is bound to cause upset to the more sensitive supporters who generally sit in the South Stand and Dolman.

As for ejections because of behavior, drunk or not, I have personally witnessed 4 since New Year. Not all by Police, and I imagine not all prosecuted, but I witnessed these first hand along with numerous others in the Atyeo. One was just a few weeks ago when a young lad in Stone Island was led out by stewads as he wouldn't get out the aisle and was being abusive. Another was the infamous Motty and 2 accompanying lads, ejected for offensive language and standing on railings. Happened right in front of me so know it to be true.

Why name names though?

I accept that's not his name but still...

51 minutes ago, SARJ said:

I wasn't having a pop, I'm sorry if it came across that way. I'm just fairly confident that this season there have been more issues with people needing to be ejected/spoken to in other stands, compared with the Atyeo. 

21 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I have no probs with parity in the stands i just think the 16% (??) odd increase is a piss take particularly with how shit its been this season. 

Its just hard when you have three tickets in the household to find another £150 for the same thing. 

First world problems though i suppose :/

I was part of the original 250 who had a ST in the EE. Price never had nothing to do with it, it was just an added bonus.

Im now in the SS and I pay 55 quid a month for a adult, under 19 and a child ticket. Decent value I reckon. 

What you are saying tho comes accross as very elitist, it's as if your saying you should pay less than anyone else in the SS? 

If I was you I would happily pay a premium to be given the opportunity the club are providing. Its worth every penny. Those of us from the 250 would have paid anything to have stood on the EE. 

Your being brought inline with everyone else. An increase to you maybe but not to everyone else. Your just paying what we pay. Suck it up.

You currently pay less because the view and facilities are poorer. Now your being moved to a better stand etc you have to pay the going rate. What's so hard to understand about that?

7 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I was part of the original 250 who had a ST in the EE. Price never had nothing to do with it, it was just an added bonus.

Im now in the SS and I pay 55 quid a month for a adult, under 19 and a child ticket. Decent value I reckon. 

What you are saying tho comes accross as very elitist, it's as if your saying you should pay less than anyone else in the SS? 

If I was you I would happily pay a premium to be given the opportunity the club are providing. Its worth every penny. Those of us from the 250 would have paid anything to have stood on the EE. 

Your being brought inline with everyone else. An increase to you maybe but not to everyone else. Your just paying what we pay. Suck it up.

You currently pay less because the view and facilities are poorer. Now your being moved to a better stand etc you have to pay the going rate. What's so hard to understand about that?

I said i have no problem paying the same as everyone else. Im not over the moon about an increase of that much particularly when threatened with LG1 football and LJ remaining as manager. 

I imagine there might be some SS ST holders not happy about paying the same for league one.

Not sure how im being elitist, I'm working out in my head if £1050 for 3 tickets presents value for money based on this seasons mess - its not pocket change. 

20 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Terrible attitude. What about the poorer fans who bought tickets in the Atyeo because of the cheap price, now being told to move and pay more or lose your seat? As you say, first world problems, but not everybody has the same income as you, and with bills and council tax ever increasing, I feel for the supporters who will simply have to say 'No' this year.

Not debating better facilities etc but telling those areas of our support on low incomes to 'suck it up' and 'get in line' is not on. Especially when the quality of football and manager has decreased massively over the season.

26 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

May not be the case for WOWS but if money is tight and you save up over the year for several STs and then are told a week before they go on sale that you need to find a few hundred quid extra, then that could be the reason that STs are not resolved. I doubt they made the decision this week (and if they did it is way too late) so it should have been announced. The same could be said for those in the family section moving. 

I'd have happily paid more for my Atyeo ST this season, but fans should be told ASAP so they can plan ahead.

I think you will find any stragglers in the Atyeo who want to look for so called trouble will probably look to get a season ticket in the lower Dolman / Atyeo side or Lower Lansdown / Atyeo side near the away end, those who want to wave a flag and get involved in the type of thing S82 are doing will go to the South stand and carry on where they left off, I don't see it being a real problem in terms of nastiness.

15 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

May not be the case for WOWS but if money is tight and you save up over the year for several STs and then are told a week before they go on sale that you need to find a few hundred quid extra, then that could be the reason that STs are not resolved. I doubt they made the decision this week (and if they did it is way too late) so it should have been announced. The same could be said for those in the family section moving. 

I'd have happily paid more for my Atyeo ST this season, but fans should be told ASAP so they can plan ahead.

Thank you mate, I'm of the same opinion.

There's some delicate flowers about aren't there

Oooooooh we heard someone swear 

Oooooooh someone was shouting all game

Ooooooh it's noisy

How did we ever cope in 70s,80s,90s etc

As @WTFiGO!?!has commented - Football is like going to see A Disney Film at the Cinema with the kids

Nigh on zero atmosphere and dire both on and off the pitch

The only atmosphere in reality is created by the Atyeo Section - Some of the behaviour hasn't been perfect but thank ***** they exist !

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ooooooh it's noisy

As @WTFiGO!?!has commented - Football is like going to see A Disney Film at the Cinema with the kids

Yep but pretty much like with everything in life these days (not just football) watered down and sanitised.

19 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ooooooh it's noisy

The only atmosphere in reality is created by the Atyeo Section - Some of the behaviour hasn't been perfect but thank ***** they exist !

We were once a great nation who defeated Nazi Germany. Now look at us......

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I said i have no problem paying the same as everyone else. Im not over the moon about an increase of that much particularly when threatened with LG1 football and LJ remaining as manager. 

I imagine there might be some SS ST holders not happy about paying the same for league one.

Not sure how im being elitist, I'm working out in my head if £1050 for 3 tickets presents value for money based on this seasons mess - its not pocket change. 

Wolf have you never heard of WONGA:whistle:

20 hours ago, Cider red said:

What a load if rubbish you are talking, the East End should have been given back to the singers sooner imo. It will improve the atmosphere. Not everyone in the Atyeo is a meathead, I've witnessed just as many morons in family/ less vocal areas over the years. 

I think at all of our games this season there's been over 16,000 morons at least. Whatcha gonna do about THAT !? Huh? Huh?

37 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ooooooh it's noisy

I wouldn't quite say it's as bad as that but it's definitely got worse over the last 10, 20 let alone what went before.

I remember when I first started going- late 1998, atmosphere was good! Football wasn't great mind, but atmosphere was good (though in that relegation season there was a lot of booing :laugh )

Taking an example, Dolman isn't what I remember- back then even B Block and A Block, hell even mid 2000s were pretty partisan and noisy.

Now it seems much quieter. Williams back then was a bit of a quiet stand, Atyeo had parts of noisy fans for sure and I don't think East End reopened to home fans until early 2000s, 2003 was it?

Anyway my main point, I agree it's declined sharply- I like and agree with this post a lot! Also the moans about swearing really annoy me.

27 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I wouldn't quite say it's as bad as that but it's definitely got worse over the last 10, 20 let alone what went before.

I remember when I first started going- late 1998, atmosphere was good! Football wasn't great mind, but atmosphere was good (though in that relegation season there was a lot of booing :laugh )

Taking an example, Dolman isn't what I remember- back then even B Block and A Block, hell even mid 2000s were pretty partisan and noisy.

Now it seems much quieter. Williams back then was a bit of a quiet stand, Atyeo had parts of noisy fans for sure and I don't think East End reopened to home fans until early 2000s, 2003 was it?

Anyway my main point, I agree it's declined sharply- I like and agree with this post a lot! Also the moans about swearing really annoy me.

I genuinely feel sorry for you and the younger supporters 

By 1998 atmospheres had already fallen dramatically compared to what I and many were brought up with

Think there's a few that will agree with me that it was the atmosphere , the smells , the whole experience that was as appealing as the actual game itself 

Bouncing around the East End with a silk scarf tied around your wrist, the banter of the Enclosure and the buzz of Dolman A & B of the 80s /90s  was ......... 

************G BRILLIANT !!!!!!

and Im genuinely sad that many will never get to even understand let alone experience it

Dont ever convince me that 'modern football' in 'modern stadia' is a 'better experience'

Archived