IGNORED

League one without LJ or Championship with him

The Humble Realist

Today's result means for me only two scenarios can now play out this year.  

A defeat today coupled with a defeat on Friday would surely have seen LJ finally get the boot . However thr win today means he will be in charge post Huddersfield and into the international break.  

There will only be 8 games left at this point and if things get bad enough to sack him before the end of the season we will still go down...LJ would surely then be sacked....

However if we rally and stay up LJ will keep his job presumably...how comfortably we stay up might determine the atmosphere at the club next season.  

Plenty on here myself included in recent weeks when we have lost have wanted a new manager to keep us in the league and hen continue next season ...my point is now that won't happen. If we stay up it'll be with LJ....

Buckle up! Coyr 

Think it has been pretty clear LJ is staying until the end of the season whatever. 

Might come down to home form now. Heart has not been in it, but given something to cheer I am sure the fans will do their bit, as actually given our form they have been doing.

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

Umm, stupid question. Obviously championship with him. 

Not a question.  Surely all fans are in this camp ?

Point is today was the last point that a scenario of new manager leading us in the championship next season was a possibility ..

Whether anyone likes it or not...it's in  LJ we trust !

2 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Not a question.  Surely all fans are in this camp ?

Point is today was the last point that a scenario of new manager leading us in the championship next season was a possibility ..

Whether anyone likes it or not...it's in  LJ we trust !

Yeah sorry pal, I thought the thread title was a question then swiftly edited - albeit not swift enough. I'm the stupid one! 

2 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Championship with him and hope we don't leave until it's far too late to sack next season. 

No doubts we'll be in the same kind of position whichever league we are in. He's just not a good manager. 

I agree with that. I hope that SL comes to his senses and sacks him in this autumn. This will give the new manager time to sort things out 

End of the day, if (and it still is a massive if) City stay up that's probably the objective for this season met. If City go down he has to go.

Now assuming City manage the former, the bar has to be raised on just avoiding relegation, so a repeat of this catastrophic run of form would surely not be allowed.

No matter what, I suspect that he'll be our manager beginning of next season. I suspect he'll be given till about October/November, after which, SL has to make the decision to cut him loose if he's not performing.

Think people have misunderstood...im making the point that johnson wil definitely be in charge for the rest of the season now...perhaps this is am obvious statement but due to the international break and number of games left he will be here regardless.

It's not a question. ..everyone wants us to stay up regardless of who is in charge 

SL, for reasons difficult to fathom, will let LJ see out his extended contract, with a possible further extension to come.

Beginning to think I may not at 71 live to see another manager let alone owner, and that is why I am more depressed as a fan that at anytime in my life because I see no end to the tragedy that is Bristol City 

Archived