IGNORED

What has LJ got to do....

To win back the fans?

He's here for the long run so what has he got to do to get us back on side?

personally,

Keep us in this division and win more games then lose next time round, not really bothered where we end up just not in a f*cking relegation battle again and then I may have a little incy bit of faith in him.

So what's he got to do for you guys?

11 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

To win back the fans?

personally,

Keep us in this division and win more games then lose next time round, not really bothered where we end up just not in a f*cking relegation battle again and then I may have a little incy bit of faith in him.

Stop talking bollocks

Pick a consistent XI

Play a consistent formation

Win games

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

If he magically goes from being a terrible manager who doesn't know what he's doing, to a good manager, then I'm happy to keep him. Not gonna happen though. If we stay up then I expect we'll just have a whole season of bad results next season, without a good start and end up bottom.

Did he not show he was a good manager from February to October?

He could start by taking accountability for presiding over what's been an absolute car crash of a season, spent a fortune assembling a bloated squad that other than against the bottom 2 teams in the league, hasn't managed a win since October. If he could hold his hands up, accept that his tactics have been woeful at best and that hes lucky SL has kept him on, then that would be a good start. But I think we all know LJ isn't the sort of character to do that.

11 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

To win back the fans?

personally,

Avoid relegation is all at the moment. Next season is another story. If the team and LJ makes it, thats fine. In this buissnies its only results that counts. If we faile and go to leauge one, think we get another manager.

4 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Did he not show he was a good manager from February to October?

Absolutely not. Last season he inherited a squad that wasnt his and JP got the ball rolling for him after Cotterill left. Then over the summertime, he created his own set up and things became awful. Forget about August to October, we were scraping results but performances were not good. I cant believe there is still someone that thinks he's a decent manager.

Keep us up

No relegation fight next season. 

Keep a consistent side and formation, nothing wrong with formation change (horses for courses) but generally constant.

Have a style of play that we can identify with

Stop the basic errors a grassroots manager wouldn't make never mind a so called pro.

Stop with the corporate/business talk , it fools nobody.

Stop with the , Europa league/premier league/we're a big club now . Certain players are worth millions etc etc bollocks

Give Mark Ashton a Chinese burn and flick his ears

Have i missed anything out ?

1 minute ago, Wanderingred said:

Absolutely not. Last season he inherited a squad that wasnt his and JP got the ball rolling for him after Cotterill left. Then over the summertime, he created his own set up and things became awful. Forget about August to October, we were scraping results but performances were not good. I cant believe there is still someone that thinks he's a decent manager.

JP managed 4 games, we were by no means safe. So what if he inherited a squad that wasn't his? What is that even supposed to mean? That doesn't discredit the good work he did in that period. Most teams that are successful in the Championship don't cruise to victories, it's incredibly competitive and is down to small margins. A lot of the games we've lost have been scrappy results gone against us.

I'm not defending the run we've been on, but I won't ignore everything that came before it either.

12 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Keep us moving in the right direction like we're currently doing. 3 unbeaten, 2 clean sheets, out of the relegation zone. Come on City.

Who would of thought start of the season keeping 2 clean sheets against burton and Wigan would be seen as a positive,but we are where we are because of the manager,coyr

- become his own man;

- drop his ego;

- show the kind of faith the board have given him in players, not slag them off at any and every opportunity;

- play his best players and not his favourites; 

- Apologise! 

- win back the changing room; 

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Who would of thought start of the season keeping 2 clean sheets against burton and Wigan would be seen as a positive,but we are where we are because of the manager,coyr

I don't know why it wouldn't have been a positive? Burton are 6 unbeaten and we would have won had we converted a penalty.

Hey, I'm not defending the awful run we've been on. I just won't focus on everything negative when things are looking more positive.

For me he just has to keep winning. Fans come around to winning sides. I think he'll be here whether we stay up or go down but he'll have a lot more patience from fans if he does the former. I think the form(and it's been historically bad) just gives ammunition to everyone. What I mean is everything he does has been put under the microscope because we haven't been winning. Fair enough, he is the one in charge and he should get the pressure. However, there are good sides who rotate and change formations in certain games and change it during. 

Anyway, this is not an argument to keep him. He's done more than enough(or not enough) to get the sack. I'm fine with that and I won't argue he should stay. If it comes down to him staying and we stay up then I'm taking that option every time. I don't follow all that talk about his father and him telling players they are crap and what his father thinks about them. To me, sounds very sensational. May be true and may not be. I just want us to win and stay up. Seems LJ is staying so I hope fans come back around to him at some point because that means more 3 point games and less 0 point ones

28 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

To win back the fans?

personally,

He may well keep us up, but I genuinely believe that many of us will neither like him or trust him. He's already used up all his credit.

Archived