IGNORED

Leave the guy alone........

glastonred

Please will all those Johnson haters out there give the guy a break. However untidily, we've just won a game, and we're out of the bottom three. I'm sure there is relief all round the City camp. I appreciate we've still got Huddersfield next, and that will be very tough, as will the final games. But  let's just give the club all of our support for the remaining matches. We've got a good squad who can get us out of the mire of relegation. I have to own up to being one of the very few Johnson supporters left, at least on this forum. I am hoping and praying that we can rise up the table just enough to stay out of danger and that Lee and the lads can breathe a sigh of relief and regroup for next season in the Championship. I have been shocked by the hatred and vitriol voiced on here. Some of the personal insults have been appalling. LJ is damned if he does and equally damned if he doesn't. This has undoubtedly been a dark time, but maybe the light is glimmering just that little bit brighter. I. for one, (maybe the only one) would like to think so. 

15 minutes ago, glastonred said:

Please will all those Johnson haters out there give the guy a break. However untidily, we've just won a game, and we're out of the bottom three. I'm sure there is relief all round the City camp. I appreciate we've still got Huddersfield next, and that will be very tough, as will the final games. But  let's just give the club all of our support for the remaining matches. We've got a good squad who can get us out of the mire of relegation. I have to own up to being one of the very few Johnson supporters left, at least on this forum. I am hoping and praying that we can rise up the table just enough to stay out of danger and that Lee and the lads can breathe a sigh of relief and regroup for next season in the Championship. I have been shocked by the hatred and vitriol voiced on here. Some of the personal insults have been appalling. LJ is damned if he does and equally damned if he doesn't. This has undoubtedly been a dark time, but maybe the light is glimmering just that little bit brighter. I. for one, (maybe the only one) would like to think so. 

I will say it again.  The support at games has been exceptional bar a dire performance against Fulham. That is where it matters.  Not on a forum.  

Admire your loyalty but just can't see how you can think he's a good fit to manage at this level.I don't hate him and always cheer the team on but I think he's been an absolute car crash of an appointment for us.I was always prepared to give him 100% support but the way the season has panned out that has now gone and I truly believe that it would be in the clubs and the fans best interest that he resigns his position and we find a man that can get the best out of a talented group of players.

1 hour ago, glastonred said:

Well if he left us alone I would. He is destroying our club in front of you and you still support him. That is tragic.

1 hour ago, glastonred said:

**** you!!!!

7 minutes ago, redandy1 said:

Well if he left us alone I would. He is destroying our club in front of you and you still support him. That is tragic.

While I disagree with the OP, to say Johnson "is destroying this club" is way OTT.  

He's not a good manager and we might be relegated. The club will not be destroyed.

1 hour ago, reformed_red said:

Is this a joke?

unfortunately I think he is being serious. if he went to a restaurant and they served him 17 crap meals out of 20 I doubt he would give them a glowing review on trip advisor so what is the difference?

22 minutes ago, BCFChayden said:

Just remember Blackburn got a game in hand.....

And they have to play Fulham for that game, who just beat the Geordies (and us).

I've seen it all from some of our fans now. 

Flint saved us today, in what was another pretty poor showing other than getting the all important three points. But the number of times I've seen on facebook people now BACKING Johnson just after today is ridiculous. 

I want OUR team to succeed, I want our team to survive relegation. But NOT under the current management. LJ will NOT take us forwards, his pre-match/post match comments are the same nonsense week in and week out. I think at some point he may manage at this level, but not in the near future. The bloke is clueless, inept, delusional.. the list goes on. 

Johnson OUT.

6 hours ago, glastonred said:

What's LJ got then? I'm all ears. 

Where are his talents? 

He has to go for the future of this club. 

He is so quick to play the "we were unlucky card" well we were lucky against one of the worst teams in this div; a draw would have been fairer to both sh1te teams.

We go again on Friday then we will see, we have far more difficult games than Wigan and so do Blackburn etc.

7 hours ago, glastonred said:

You're a brave person for writing this - fair play to you. 

Unfortunately you are going to get some personal abuse from some on here who won't be able to accept your opinion and because it differs from theirs then you must be Gas.

Edit - just read the replies after I wrote this and am not surprised by a small number of idiotic responses to you. It says a lot when some fellow supporters verbally insult someone with a different opinion instead of being able to accept your views or set out a constructive response.

Johnson should have and still needs to go but he isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Given this the team should be supported with the aim of trying to keep us up, which by most accounts they are. Wanting to be relegated because Johnson remains in charge is a clear case of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

And good for the OP for posting an alternative view which should be respected as the views of a fellow red, regardless of whether you agree. 

I know these rallying calls are well meaning but those that post this type of thread do not seem to appreciate just how little faith the vast majority of fans have in LJ.

He doesn't seem to have a "go to" formation or much tactical nouse. He chops and changes the starting 11 without actually needing to through injury/suspensions. He even changes the "spine" of theam with different goalkeepers and different midfielders. Only Flint and Tammy are certain starters.

Ive said before that I don't dislike LJ on a personal level, I like most of his interviews but he he is clearly in a job that's too big for him.

8 hours ago, CityCiderEd said:

Admire your loyalty but just can't see how you can think he's a good fit to manage at this level.I don't hate him and always cheer the team on but I think he's been an absolute car crash of an appointment for us.I was always prepared to give him 100% support but the way the season has panned out that has now gone and I truly believe that it would be in the clubs and the fans best interest that he resigns his position and we find a man that can get the best out of a talented group of players.

:clap: 

6 hours ago, David Brent said:

As soon as we WIN a game they come crawling out the woodwork...

True, but that works both ways. There's a few who've been very quiet since full time yesterday yet would been all over the forum like a rash if we hadn't won.

Last night was the quietest it's been on here after a match for months. Not particularly surprising, but it was noticeable. 

Archived