IGNORED

Engvall

BCFC OF SWEDEN

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

and we've had players here holding u p the shirt and we've gone on to cancel the deal because it was the right thing to do, at those times the clubs been slagged off and at those times it was proven the club made the correct decision, 

as i said there are many things to moan about lately but this isn't one of them

That's fine if you think treating players like this is ok and back the club doing it - personally I think it's a shitty way to inform a player, and treat him.

9 minutes ago, BCFC OF SWEDEN said:

But we knew when we sent him away that Djuric was injured! 

Cant understand that!

Think the issue may be that the hernia actually turned out to be a double hernia and so approx 6 weeks out instead of 3-4

Still a mess

As a club it seems PR own goals one after another atm

9 hours ago, PolskRed said:

Why is everyone getting so precious over what the fans of a Swedish team think of us? I am guessing yet another reason to have a dig at the club?

You can only imagine what the same people would be saying if we didn't recall him and left the club short of striking options? It is not the clubs fault with the timing of this injury.

Putting the club first, for me is the way it should be, not shedding tears and having a tantrum because some fans from Sweden are p!ssed off with us.

Understand what you're saying to some degree but reputations good or bad spread quickly within football and long term this episode won't help us when trying to sign young European Players Id suggest

43 minutes ago, BCFC OF SWEDEN said:

But we knew when we sent him away that Djuric was injured! 

Cant understand that!

And we knew when we loaned out Moore that Matthews was a tosser with no interest in turning in any kinda performance... 

11 minutes ago, 29AR said:

And we knew when we loaned out Moore that Matthews was a tosser with no interest in turning in any kinda performance... 

So, I beg to ask, who have we signed that is any good beyond Wright, Cotterill and Tammy on loan? 

41 minutes ago, ontariored said:

So, I beg to ask, who have we signed that is any good beyond Wright, Cotterill and Tammy on loan? 

I think our transfer business has been good, we've simply been let down. We've bought a lot of promising youth - your likes of O'Dowda and Moore etc. Some will come off, some won't. That's fine, those are the gambles we should make. 

Our problem is the experienced players we bought. I'll call them out; Tomlin, O'Neill and Matthews. Those lads, if they were consistently at the level they should be at minimum - let alone capable of - we would not be where we are. 

I'm of no doubt we are where we are because some players are being (insert your choice of swearword). Whether LJ is culpable for that, the individuals or A Nother I don't know. But what I am unequivocal in is that LJ is not the only disappointment. That's not me saying he shouldn't walk, he should, but for me Matthews would F off at the season's end naturally, O'Neill would be offered to anyone and everyone on a free and then paid up, and Tomlin would be similarly touted; even if sold for a loss. 

9 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I think our transfer business has been good, we've simply been let down. We've bought a lot of promising youth - your likes of O'Dowda and Moore etc. Some will come off, some won't. That's fine, those are the gambles we should make. 

Our problem is the experienced players we bought. I'll call them out; Tomlin, O'Neill and Matthews. Those lads, if they were consistently at the level they should be at minimum - let alone capable of - we would not be where we are. 

I'm of no doubt we are where we are because some players are being (insert your choice of swearword). Whether LJ is culpable for that, the individuals or A Nother I don't know. But what I am unequivocal in is that LJ is not the only disappointment. That's not me saying he shouldn't walk, he should, but for me Matthews would F off at the season's end naturally, O'Neill would be offered to anyone and everyone on a free and then paid up, and Tomlin would be similarly touted; even if sold for a loss. 

Let's see what our young manger and £12 million plus in transfer fees v's The Terriers young manager and £3 million in transfers gets you tomorrow night and then decide if LJ is the real deal or not.

Years         Team              Apps(Gls)

2010–2012 Färjestadens GoIF 28(1)

2012–2016IFK Goteborg         64 (16)

2016–Bristol City                      2(0)

National team‡

2011–2013Sweden U17           26(9)

2013–2014Sweden U19            7(1)

2014–Sweden U21                     10(3)

2016–Sweden                              2(0

Whilst people haven't seen GE play very much, look at his record.

The guy is only 20 years old - scored 16 in 64 for Gothenborg and is prolific for Swedish junior national teams. A full Swedish international. AT 20 YRS OF AGE!

Why would we muck this poor lad around so much - surely a young hungry guy with so much to prove deserves at least 30 mins off the bench for 2 or 3 weeks in a row at least?

Look at how long it took Taylor to get to L1 level - for the love of god, start him up top with Tammy for 45 mins and if it's an utter failure sub him.

At least we would all know - hammering the guy for 2 short stints on the field for us all season is absurd (as is taking the "letter" seriously).

The guy could come good, but we won't know until we play him.

Huddersfield know nothing about him - a genuine surprise package. Tammy will love playing off his flick-ons if he can do them. Takes the defenders eye off him too.

We need to try something different - give him a go - he might just be the answer.

But to treat this kid (because he is still a kid) like this totally destroys any belief in his own ability he had left.

Start him Friday, give him a run, and if he's poor, then we can bring Taylor on - we need a win from somewhere - what have we to lose?

Good luck Gustav - I am appalled by the way you have been treated by the management of my club.

17 hours ago, The Journalist said:

Aren't we all jumping to an awful lot of conclusions over this whole episode? For starters, what's his attitude been like? Has he been disruptive? Has there been a discipline issue we don't know about?

Perhaps, of course, we have just become a football club that treats people absolutely horribly - but it just feels like there's stuff going on behind the scenes to me...

(I know, sorry, poster in gives club benefit of doubt shocker).

He rejected the chance to go to a L1 or L2 club, a chance to go and prove himself and learn about the English game, yet he rejected it.

To be it seems he just wants to return to Sweden and live a cosy life there.

If I was LJ I would be pissed off that he rejected these chances.

If this kid had anything about him he would go to L2 bang in 20 goals and then that makes it impossible for LJ not to select him.

"Sorry boss, I dont want to move to an English club and learn about football in this country, I just want to go back to Sweden" 

30 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

He rejected the chance to go to a L1 or L2 club, a chance to go and prove himself and learn about the English game, yet he rejected it.

If this kid had anything about him he would go to L2 bang in 20 goals and then that makes it impossible for LJ not to select him.

"Sorry boss, I dont want to move to an English club and learn about football in this country, I just want to go back to Sweden" 

Exactly this...lacking desire-would have helped him no end but he ain't interested...........so much for that 'DNA' bollox.

Would count the losses and get the petulant boy away.

1 hour ago, Robert the bruce said:

Exactly this...lacking desire-would have helped him no end but he ain't interested...........so much for that 'DNA' bollox.

We have absolutely no evidence as to why he didn't go to a lower league club. We have no evidence whatsoever that he is petulant.

A more likely explanation seems to me that he has been badly managed

8 hours ago, Fiale said:

Let's see what our young manger and £12 million plus in transfer fees v's The Terriers young manager and £3 million in transfers gets you tomorrow night and then decide if LJ is the real deal or not.

Amen.  I wish I could like this ten times.

3 hours ago, Up The City! said:

He wants to go back to Sweden and play, by all accounts; LJ's chat about loaning him out is even caveated by the man himself as having said the offers from English clubs probably came in a bit too late.

Considering that Engvall was actually making the bench, and even started a game in January, I think it is understandable why he wanted to stay and try and 'prove himself' here, not go to Bradford or somewhere else last minute.

And "cosy life in Sweden"; he's going back there with the intention of playing and winning a place in their under 21s, not pissing about on a sodding holiday camp.

Honestly; for a young player having uprooted over here with the stated aim (read LJ's statement in his arrival, and what he's said about Engvall across a couple of pressers in December) of him contributing to the first team this season, he's had a pretty rough deal - maybe he's too shit for us, but he didn't buy himself, and LJ treating him like an annoyance after all the positives he's sent his way spanks of our beloved head coach having not clue how to man manage.

I realise you're so one eyed on this you'd give Lee Johnson a pass even if he made the choice to randomly throw house bricks into one of stands at half time, but trying to gaslight one of our young players instead of acknowledging what a bloody mess the coaching staff have made of player management this season just looks silly.

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

We have absolutely no evidence as to why he didn't go to a lower league club. We have no evidence whatsoever that he is petulant.

A more likely explanation seems to me that he has been badly managed

Why is it more likely? Because it's another opportunity to hammer the head coach and club?

Personally, I think we just don't know. And, as I said previously, there's enough nonsense we do know about - God awful performances and results for starters(!) - without jumping to conclusions about stuff that involves guesswork and assumptions.

Just my two cents though.

3 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Why is it more likely? Because it's another opportunity to hammer the head coach and club?

Personally, I think we just don't know. And, as I said previously, there's enough nonsense we do know about - God awful performances and results for starters(!) - without jumping to conclusions about stuff that involves guesswork and assumptions.

Just my two cents though.

The Head Coach and management don't need any help from me or others to highlight their failings, they are doing very nicely on their own

10 hours ago, ontariored said:

OK, fair enough. So, what is our success rate at signing players that will keep us in the Championship?

6 seasons in 10 years. 1 season wasn't a success. The rest cannot be judged as league one. 

4 hours ago, Up The City! said:

3 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

LJ himself said that we had a couple of loan offers for Engvall that came in the last couple of days of the windows, it was all a bit rushed and he did not blame Engvall for not taking them up. The fact he has twice gone over to Sweden to train and play to get a national squad side would suggest he is not lazy - but I would love to hear your evidence as to why he is Lazy, has no desire, not interested or petulant ?

14 minutes ago, Fiale said:

LJ himself said that we had a couple of loan offers for Engvall that came in the last couple of days of the windows, it was all a bit rushed and he did not blame Engvall for not taking them up. The fact he has twice gone over to Sweden to train and play to get a national squad side would suggest he is not lazy - but I would love to hear your evidence as to why he is Lazy, has no desire, not interested or petulant ?

I don't think there is any, tbh.

I don't even think LJ has actively criticised him; his apparent unwillingness to play just seems to be a 'go-to' for people still desperate to find some justification behind the often baffling choices made regards personnel chosen for staring line ups and squads this season.

The Chinese whispers that he has been deemed rubbish by the coaching team has held less and less water as we've slid pathetically into the bottom three under their watch; I personally have zero faith in LJ or Holden's judgement on player ability after the last four months, and instead sympathise with those pushed out into the cold - I certainly don't turn on them for showing willingness to get games wherever they can.  That should in fact be applauded.

10 hours ago, Fiale said:

Pfft, a 10-0 victory wouldn't convince me. 

Don´t forget that Swedens under -21 won the last European Championship 2015, i can understand why he tries to get in the team.

I think GE thought it would be much better to play in Swedens first League than not be playing in Bristol City or be playing in the third or fourth League in England.

PS.

Tonight we are going to win! 1-0 Tammy!

Archived