IGNORED

Loan watch

mattjtsmith

Moore been starting every match. De Girolamo played sparingly for Cheltenham Town and believe he came back. Think Garita been injured as hasn't started or been on bench in weeks. Lucic posted a little video of himself the other night making a few saves and showing his passing skills. Don't know how it's going on general though. Platovic has had quite a few minutes at Cheltenham Town though. 

The big winner is McCoulskey though. Scored the winner for Bath tonight at Weston. If he would have stayed in the league the entire season, he would be on pace for top scorer. Think he's in double figures in the league and only played about a third of the season at most. 

2 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Have a couple of friends who are Argyle fans. They love Arnie. McCoulsky? well he fights a fair few leagues below us(4 to be exact). He's doing OK...but he needs better quality football

I agree but think he's a few leagues higher from where we took him from last year. He's progressing quite well I think. 

Young shaun I bet he does not become a regular at city. As we in my oppion not great with young players. Reid has gone backwards as a player this season.  Taylor Moore million pound player playing for Bury. Zac I bet won't play again this season and the biggest joke is Gustav. 2 million player  we bomb him of one loan until November. Its a farce. All the money we spend on the accademy for what. Sorry I have gone of the subject. The worry some of the young lads who do go out on loan are playing in very average teams in leagues far to low in the football world. 

I posted this as a seperate topic, but deleted it as I felt it was better placed here. 

Hi guys, being an Exeter University student I often watch matches at St James' Park as the tickets are dirt cheap for students. I went tonight so that I could see Exeter play against Nepotist FC...sorry, Cheltenham Town. Exeter had been coming off the boil a bit recently and Cheltenham at times have shown they are capable of causing an upset. The main interest was Plavotic, who played LCB all game as Cheltenham fell to a 3-0 defeat under the lights. De Girolamo was not even named on the bench- I believe he has been sent back to us.

My one lasting impression of Plavotic was how one footed he was- I only counted a single pass being made with his weaker right foot. He would often take time to switch the ball to his left foot before dribbling, and while you have time to do this in L2 this is something that has to be eradicated as he develops and hopefully gets loans to teams in higher leagues.
Tin started the match relatively normally- he often found good positions to pass to the full back and begin an attack in the first ten minutes, but they came to nothing. However, on sixteen minutes, he was outmuscled by Reuben Reid when Tin had the advantage, causing his centre back partner to cover him by fouling Reid and being booked. He seemed willing to get forward, but seemed to come back slowly from set pieces even when his CB partner was visibly calling him back. Exeter took the lead on 43 minutes after a Reid penalty, and I did not have a brilliant view of the incident but I do not believe that Tin was involved in any brash tackles that caused it.

However, in the second half Exeter went from the slightly superior team to the dominant team, and when Cheltenham did get the ball they would often make silly mistakes that would draw mocking laughter from the crowd- I saw Tin get frustrated by the failings of his team mates multiple limes. One particularly memorable one was when their right back was in a great shooting position on the edge of the six yard box, only to send his shot out for a throw in. I will speak more about the quality of CTFC later.
Reid was a persistent nuisance, and his second goal was the result of a clean short passing play that put him through. Tin, in his 'free role' that LCBs often have when it comes to marking, should have been more aware of the situation, and he was effectively static until Reid got the ball, by which point he was too late and Reid turned him and scored a nice second goal. Only a few minutes later, Tin failed to note David Wheeler's run into the box and was lucky that a chance did not come of it. Cheltenham really fell apart from this point, and Tin made a few more individual mistakes himself. He failed to even get the ball when he slid to take the ball from...noone. Baffling decision. While he made an excellent interception in the 66th minute, only ten minutes after he was beaten by a relatively basic through ball- I assume he expected his CB partner to sweep it up.

Overall, I would rate Tin a 5 tonight. He was not the worst player in the side, but you cannot concede 3 goals as a defender and expect a rating above a 5. He is young, and will develop in time. I appreciate this game is far too small a sample size to judge him with, but I definitely saw some attributes he needs to improve.
Furthermore, a main thought I derived from the game was: Shouldn't we be sending our loan players somewhere better? In terms of quality, Cheltenham were the worst side I have seen at St James' Park all season. So many silly miscontrols, mistakes and communication breakdowns. I know Lee might get a warm fuzzy feeling inside that daddy is looking after his young prospect boys, but they need to be put alongside better players in a more coherent setup that is more conducive to developing as a footballer. I would not be surprised if it turned out that De Girolamo left as he did not want to put the effort in in such a small, poor side. I know Exeter often prefer to develop their own prospects, but Tisdale is renowned for youth development in a club that really cherishes its ability to nurture young talent. Plus, you would all end up with more of these delightfully long reports if I only have to walk down the road to see some of the loan army in action!

Cheers for making the effort Newquay. Good to know that students still have a lot of time on their hands. ;)

The left-footed factor reminds me of Brian Tinnion . . . maybe it's a Tin thing. We don't appear to have links with Exeter at the moment whereas Cheltenham is currently the easy option.

11 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

Young shaun I bet he does not become a regular at city. As we in my oppion not great with young players. Reid has gone backwards as a player this season.  Taylor Moore million pound player playing for Bury. Zac I bet won't play again this season and the biggest joke is Gustav. 2 million player  we bomb him of one loan until November. Its a farce. All the money we spend on the accademy for what. Sorry I have gone of the subject. The worry some of the young lads who do go out on loan are playing in very average teams in leagues far to low in the football world. 

Don't panic. They will all get their chance in League One next season as it's not as competitive as the Championship so the manager will be able to take more risks.

On 14 March 2017 at 22:11, JoeAman08 said:

I agree but think he's a few leagues higher from where we took him from last year. He's progressing quite well I think. 

Not really.

He came from Dulwich Hamlet, who are at level 7 of the football pyramid and is now at Bath City, who play at level 6.

I went for a drink last week with a Bath City ST holder, let's just say he was unimpressed with him..

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Not really.

He came from Dulwich Hamlet, who are at level 7 of the football pyramid and is now at Bath City, who play at level 6.

I went for a drink last week with a Bath City ST holder, let's just say he was unimpressed with him..

8 goals in 14 games. I don't know what more you could want to be honest. Maybe it fits their league better but scoring goals with not so talented players can't be bad. It's still a higher league than where he came from and 15 in 27 in it with two different teams plus dominating U23s. Think it's safe to say something is clicking for him and he's gotten better. No guarantees he becomes a player for us but all you can ask him to do is perform wherever he goes and he has done that above expectations. 

On 14/03/2017 at 22:34, Hampshire reds said:

Gustavs girlfriend is still back in Sweden (or wherever) so it is a no brainer why he hasn't settled over here.

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Not really.

Well that bloke needs to get a grip. He's been scoring regularly for Bath. 

23 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Not really.

Who does impress your mate then?

With his goal tally I think we can all asume he is ready for a step up but not ready for football league yet!

17 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

With his goal tally I think we can all asume he is ready for a step up but not ready for football league yet!

Look, he's a ST holder of very many years standing and so unlike any of us he actually regularly sees him play.

His actual comment was that if he doesn't score then he contributes very little at all and his hold up play is really poor (this is at level 6, don't forget), he is also of the opinion that he won't make it at football league level.

Of course he may be wrong, then again he may be right, time will tell.

As for "who does impress him", he said a guy they currently have on loan from Reading (Axel Andresson) is the best player he's seen play for them in at least the last ten years and is clearly far too good for them..

33 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I've seen McCoulsky a few times and i'm surprised at how well he's done, based on what i've seen. He's very quick, but hold up play isn't great and is pretty weak. Granted this is in NLS where physically it's a different game all together.

I'd be worried if he's in/around the first team next year, unless he drinks some magic juice over the summer and makes him improve drastically. A conference side, or going back to a more successful NLS side wouldn't do him any bad at all. Remember he couldn't even get into the first 11 of a side about to be relegated from the conference, so talk of him being ready for L1/our bench is unbelievably premature. 

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Look, he's a ST holder of very many years standing and so unlike any of us he actually regularly sees him play.

His actual comment was that if he doesn't score then he contributes very little at all and his hold up play is really poor (this is at level 6, don't forget), he is also of the opinion that he won't make it at football league level.

Of course he may be wrong, then again he may be right, time will tell.

As for "who does impress him", he said a guy they currently have on loan from Reading (Axel Andresson) is the best player he's seen play for them in at least the last ten years and is clearly far too good for them..

Fair enough. Readings academy is very good by all accounts but not sure of many that break through their ranks because they are always 1st and 2nd tier!

Archived