IGNORED

Steven Caulker charged with failing to provide sample to police

bigbash

I could be completely wrong here but are car parks private property?

Could he possibly get off of this?

I'm only going on the basis that if you have an accident in a car park, unless liability has been admitted for the accident, the police & insurance companies won't get involved or am I completely wrong about this? (I'm going back to a little prang my mum had a few years ago).

6 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

I'm only going on the basis that if you have an accident in a car park, unless liability has been admitted for the accident, the police & insurance companies won't get involved or am I completely wrong about this? (I'm going back to a little prang my mum had a few years ago).

Completely wrong they do get involved if you don't resolve the incident with the other driver

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Spurs to Cardiff to QPR.....what's 'bizarre' about those transfers?!

The Spurs to Cardiff bit is bizarre. 

Cardiff were being run extremely badly and it seems he went after the money rather than fighting for his place at Spurs or moving to a more stable club.

10 hours ago, InCider said:

Isn't it weird that Caulker was a World beater for us and Rose was pants? I suppose it just goes to show that footballers need the right influences around them 

You could tell Rose had something, but he just didn't want to be here and couldn't be arsed. I guess being an arrogant twunt never stopped anyone becoming a good player.

Caulker - at that time - was much more professional. Not now it seems.  :-(

10 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Depends if they eventually took the test and was over.  If he was in a car with the keys, doesn't even need to be in the ignition, then he is in charge of a car while drunk.  Doesn't matter if it is on private property or the highway

13 hours ago, bigbash said:

Yes, when we had him here he looked like he had the ability to go right to the very top, never really been able to play consistently since.

He has a serious drink problem a cursory google will show there have many drink related problems Qpr, Southampton,Cardiff the list appears almost endless.

Probably earnt more in a year aged 20 than many people earn in a lifetime,tragic waste of a god given gift. 

13 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

No, a car park is a public place. You have to have insurance in place and it will indemnify you against accidents. You can be charged with failing to stop there is if evidence showing that (e.g.) you hit a car and drive off.

At a guess your mum got into a "he said, she said" scenario with no evidence or witnesses one way or the other?

Think about, if someone ran you over in a car park you'd expect their insurance to kick in wouldn't you?

Closest thing to a young Des Walker I've ever seen! He always appeared fairly unflustered, appeared to have time on the ball. and find space, the mark of a quality player in my view. Sadly his subsequent career has been fairly disastrous, declining  fairly dramatically after winning his England cap. Shame really could have been a top, top player.

4 hours ago, Bianconeri said:

No, a car park is a public place. You have to have insurance in place and it will indemnify you against accidents. You can be charged with failing to stop there is if evidence showing that (e.g.) you hit a car and drive off.

At a guess your mum got into a "he said, she said" scenario with no evidence or witnesses one way or the other?

Think about, if someone ran you over in a car park you'd expect their insurance to kick in wouldn't you?

It must be otherwise anyone who was ever nicked in a pub car park would get off and people do get done in them pretty often.

On 13/03/2017 at 01:13, Tipps69 said:

Car parks are private property in the sense of the landowner owns them, rather than the local authority, however if members of the public have access to them they are still governed by the Road traffic act.

As far as your mums prang goes, the general rule of thumb is if no offences have been committed and no one is injured, no matter where the collision took place then Police leave it to insurance companies to decide liability etc. However if someone had bumped into your mum's car in a private car park say Asda, and the other driver had got out and was clearly in drink, and your mum had reported that, then potentially offences had been committed, and officers would of been sent on a grade 1 emergency response to that. 

5 minutes ago, bcfcmike said:

Car parks are private property in the sense of the landowner owns them, rather than the local authority, however if members of the public have access to them they are still governed by the Road traffic act.

As far as your mums prang goes, the general rule of thumb is if no offences have been committed and no one is injured, no matter where the collision took place then Police leave it to insurance companies to decide liability etc. However if someone had bumped into your mum's car in a private car park say Asda, and the other driver had got out and was clearly in drink, and your mum had reported that, then potentially offences had been committed, and officers would of been sent on a grade 1 emergency response to that. 

Ah ok, it was Morrisons car park & there was no real issue other than the fact that neither were willing to take responsibility for who's fault the accident was. There was no visible signs of an accident (no dents or scratches) & although they exchanged details, neither of them contacted the other to try & force it any further but that may of been down to me knowing the other guy & him not thinking it was worth it as it was someone he indirectly knew & had the accident with (if that makes sense?)

Archived