IGNORED

Gary Rowett Derby boss?

ontariored

2 hours ago, brizzlelou said:

Forest are a much bigger team than us!!!!! Managers have huge egos and returning a top club to where they should be is a big enough draw for them! Didn't mention Adkins and really would not want him here anyway. As for Pardew....he's linked with Norwich...or are they not as big a draw as us? Jesus, I love city as much as you but mate, you've got to admit when your missus is a moose and right now city are a ******* moose!!!!

I totally agree that Forest is a much bigger club than us, but that wasn't what I said, what I said was I didn't think the current Forest set up is a more attractive proposition as a club for a prospective manager than we are.

Forest's glory years were in the '70s and '80s - they've done nothing since then....and their owners are putting off potential managers - e.g. Nigel Clough and Gary Rowett who both ran a mile after talking to them about taking over as manager.

Pardew initially denied all links with Norwich, and some media outlets reported that there was nothing in the rumours he was talking to them...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39254344

But there is also inevitable speculation that Pardew would be interested in the Canaries' job, but nothing concrete has emerged.

Norwich is a much bigger draw than us, I agree, but they haven't approached Rowett, Warburton, Adkins or Pardew - those are the names who I'd have loved to have as our next boss, but two of them have been snapped up already. 

And I think if we approached Pardew, and made him a sensible offer whilst demonstrating real ambition, he'd seriously consider it. Especially if he asked Keef Millen for his opinion.

We have a mega, mega rich owner - managers probably don't care too much about history, tradition etc, I believe they just work in the here and now, and right now we are definitely on a par with Forest and we should be looking to emulate Norwich. We just need a credible, proven, experienced manager in place, but that seems too much to ask, and it has been like that for years now....we aren't just missing the boat, we are missing an entire bl***y fleet....

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I totally agree that Forest is a much bigger club than us, but that wasn't what I said, what I said was I didn't think the current Forest set up is a more attractive proposition as a club for a prospective manager than we are.

Forest's glory years were in the '70s and '80s - they've done nothing since then....and their owners are putting off potential managers - e.g. Nigel Clough and Gary Rowett who both ran a mile after talking to them about taking over as manager.

Pardew initially denied all links with Norwich, and some media outlets reported that there was nothing in the rumours he was talking to them...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39254344

But there is also inevitable speculation that Pardew would be interested in the Canaries' job, but nothing concrete has emerged.

Norwich is a much bigger draw than us, I agree, but they haven't approached Rowett, Warburton, Adkins or Pardew - those are the names who I'd have loved to have as our next boss, but two of them have been snapped up already. 

And I think if we approached Pardew, and made him a sensible offer whilst demonstrating real ambition, he'd seriously consider it. Especially if he asked Keef Millen for his opinion.

We have a mega, mega rich owner - managers probably don't care too much about history, tradition etc, I believe they just work in the here and now, and right now we are definitely on a par with Forest and we should be looking to emulate Norwich. We just need a credible, proven, experienced manager in place, but that seems too much to ask, and it has been like that for years now....we aren't just missing the boat, we are missing an entire bl***y fleet....

Well I bloody well hope you're right! I'd love to see a top manager here but unfortunately I can't see it happening any time soon.

1 minute ago, brizzlelou said:

Well I bloody well hope you're right! I'd love to see a top manager here but unfortunately I can't see it happening any time soon.

Hang around for a bit longer briz and you will see the rise of the next Sir Alex Ferguson ((He had a similar difficult start at Man Utd don't you know)

I know he's a young coach who's learning on the job and makes mistakes but he's keen so alls good :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

I doubt I am right! Tinnion, Johnson, Coppell, Millen, McInnes, O'Driscoll, Cotterill, Johnson.....one name sticks out a mile there, Coppell - very successful at championship/premier league level....and we know how that ended.

G Johnson nearly did it, and fair play to him for taking us to 4th in the championship......but apart from that? Zilch at this level, nothing, rubbish, frustration, despair, yo-yo club and now it looks like we could drop to tier three AGAIN....and on top of that, I've had an email today saying my season ticket will be more expensive next season...why? Based on what?!

7 hours ago, brizzlelou said:

I've been lambasted by 2 posters on here for suggesting this (minus the warnock bit). I'm shocked at how ******* delusional some of our fellow fans are! Too much fifa and football manager.

Oh come off it Lou, it's people disagreeing with your points - it's not 'lambasting' you. 

If you think it's 'delusional' and (that football forum classic retort) 'too much FIFA and football manager' to suggest that theoretically Gary Rowett and Alan Pardew may have been interested in coming here if we made them a good enough offer, then perhaps you are the delusional one.

5 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Oh come off it Lou, it's people disagreeing with your points - it's not 'lambasting' you. 

If you think it's 'delusional' and (that football forum classic retort) 'too much FIFA and football manager' to suggest that theoretically Gary Rowett and Alan Pardew may have been interested in coming here if we made them a good enough offer, then perhaps you are the delusional one.

Hahaha

Archived