IGNORED

20Man / Mark Ashton (Merged)

RT's Vaseline Tub

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Yes they did . Johnson said it was the boards decision . Ashton said it was LJ's decision to get rid of JP but at the end of the season. That is a contradiction.

No, you have selected the parts that make it a contradiction.

LJ and Ashton said about the decision to let go JP at the end of the season being Johnsons, Ashton said the board made the decision about getting rid of JP (something was said with a word along the lines of dynamic) and Johnson agreed.

Quote the full relevent parts and it is not a contradiction.

As I've said I think AB is in a tough place and generally my impression of him is postive. Let's be honest the position is more PR than actually wanting to hear what the fans have have to say. If AB wasn't employed by the club I don't think the board would really offer a great deal of opportunity to listen to what the fans have to say.

I don't necessarily agree that's the way it should be but if I was running the club I'm not sure hearing everyone's opionion would make life any easier in fact you could get bogged down in trying to accommodate all different fans requests, it could be chaos.

If the board really want to know what fans are thinking they might as well have a look at OTIB as that seems a pretty fair view of what fans think.

Bottom line is football is a crazy business, not sure you can really call it a business as very few clubs make real money from it but I'm afraid us fans have to accept that is the way it is now. The best opportunity is to chat to AB frequently keep him onside and hopefully persuade him to discuss real fan issues with the board and by that I don't mean choice of manager or formation. However @AdamB if you are reading this can you mention to Steve I'm not to keen on the manager any chance you can move him on and get someone else in so I can start enjoying my Saturdays afternoons again;-)

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

No, you have selected the parts that make it a contradiction.

LJ and Ashton said about the decision to let go JP at the end of the season being Johnsons, Ashton said the board made the decision about getting rid of JP (something was said with a word along the lines of dynamic) and Johnson agreed.

Quote the full relevent parts and it is not a contradiction.

As i said just now if that's the case i stand corrected. The only part of LJ's interview i heard was him saying it was a board decision.

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

Sorry, edited post as you were replying.

Read the edited post, clearly you aren't one of the people I was referring to with the "a word" but there are several on here, if you have the time/can be bothered have a re read of the threads about him from when he joined, there are some posters who criticise him no matter what.

28 minutes ago, redapple said:

Should we have a committee running things at AG ( say Dolly, Cotswold Red, Edmond,Cynic, Big Tone) they'd have been fighting among themselves who would have to speak to Twentyman.

I would never let my public down

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Read the edited post, clearly you aren't one of the people I was referring to with the "a word" but there are several on here, if you have the time/can be bothered have a re read of the threads about him from when he joined, there are some posters who criticise him no matter what.

That'll pass an afternoon at work!  

Anyway let's just hope we bloody well stay up!  COYR

12 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Alternative facts there.

When Ashton arrIved I was quite Impressed by him and his slick ways . I thought it was something the club lacked . But guess what ,  I was wrong in just over a year in charge please tell me how Bristol City has improved on the pitch because as I see it we are basically where we were under the footballing dinosaur Cotts.?

44 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Be open and transparent with their paying customers maybe. 

Considering they are very soon going to be asking most of us for a 400 odd quid for season tickets it's surely in the clubs interest to get us fans, their customers on side ? Being open and transparent would only help this

35 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

But you can't have it both ways I'm afraid.  At the beginning of the season you couldn't shut him up buzz words aplenty DNA , DYNAMIC    then the shit hits the fan and he's nowhere to be seen apart from the Pembo interview.  So , sorry but that smacks of a coward who can't face the tough questions because it will make him look bad .diddums man the **** up or **** off. It's a big bad world out there.

Jesus Effing Christ, why are you so infuriated by Mark Ashton?  Honestly, I barely give him a single thought.  Worry about something else, he's just a man employed by the suits at City, our concern should be staying up this season.

You really are on a crusade against Ashton this evening, is it necessary?  I know next to nothing about what his job really entails, but I doubt he is in anyway responsible for City's struggle this season.

10 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Bigger things to worry about at the club to be honest.  I am one of the few that actually thinks MA would be great for us if he wasn't being shackled by SL.

That's only my opinion, no ITK stuff, but I still reckon LJ would have either never been appointed or binned off months ago if MA could make the decision.

Its why I'd like a proper interview conducted.

I on the same track as you with this one rumred.

No way LJ would still be here if it was MAs decision. The only people in the world that would back a manager who is clearly hopeless to this extent (with the surname johnson), are people with the surname lansdown.

MA wouldnt of even considered an mediocre league 1 mgr for the job and sure as hell wouldnt of kept him on after 8 losses on the bounce.

He knows he cant defend the indefencable and that why he didnt go on 20 pences show. Some will think he should of gone on there regardless but the bottom line is that trying to defend LJ and this season is impossible.

2 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

When Ashton arrI've done I was quitems Impressed by him and his slick ways . I thought it was something the club lacked . But guess what ,  I was wrong in just over a year in charge please tell me how Bristol City has improved on the pitch because as I see it we are basically where we were under the footballing dinosaur Cotts.?

Didn't realise Ashton was the manager?!

In terms of position we're no better off other than being out the drop zone, but his remit isn't limited to strictly on the pitch is it, in fact that is the area he has the least influence over.

51 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Hang on, when any statement is made by him it is labelled on here as BS. So if the club say anything it's "bullshit" if they don't then they are "cowards".

What can they do?

He can be clear, open and as honest as possible. 

There will always be those that call "bullshit"

You'd have to advocate silence at all times if you're waiting for 100% deference on here. 

6 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

When Ashton arrIved I was quite Impressed by him and his slick ways . I thought it was something the club lacked . But guess what ,  I was wrong in just over a year in charge please tell me how Bristol City has improved on the pitch because as I see it we are basically where we were under the footballing dinosaur Cotts.?

Ashton can't affect how Johnson utilises the squad and the tactics on the pitch, he did a job in getting the players requested it seems and seeing the players no longer wanted out, there's not a great deal more he can do in terms of the playing side as we all know its Lansdown's call whether LJ keeps his job.

21 minutes ago, RumRed said:

And with one word you've lost all credibility and the argument.

My only 'agenda' is what is best for this club for the next 120 years, and I'm talking about more than LJ as manager and Div 3 next season.

I strongly suspect that SL's agendas is pretty well the same as yours, but while everyone will rightly applaud your agenda, SL's is ridiculed, despite everything he has tried and is trying to do.

The difference is that he is the one who has to make decisions, and when they go wrong or don't work out as exactly as planned, then he is panned by fans. 

I'm not happy with how this season has gone, and feel that Lj is more than lucky to still be in post. I also think that we are at a point where it doesn't matter what any of the club's senior management say to explain or justify decisions or actions that certain sections of the fanbase just don't want to listen, if it doesn't suite their argument.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Didn't realise Ashton was the manager?!

In terms of position we're no better off other than being out the drop zone, but his remit isn't limited to strictly on the pitch is it, in fact that is the area he has the least influence over.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Ashton can't affect how Johnson utilises the squad and the tactics on the pitch, he did a job in getting the players requested it seems and seeing the players no longer wanted out, there's not a great deal more he can do in terms of the playing side as we all know its Lansdown's call whether LJ keeps his job.

But is he not responsible for employing the man that does impact team selection.

2 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

I on the same track as you with this one rumred.

No way LJ would still be here if it was MAs decision. The only people in the world that would back a manager who is clearly hopeless to this extent (with the surname johnson), are people with the surname lansdown.

MA wouldnt of even considered an mediocre league 1 mgr for the job and sure as hell wouldnt of kept him on after 8 losses on the bounce.

He knows he cant defend the indefencable and that why he didnt go on 20 pences show. Some will think he should of gone on there regardless but the bottom line is that trying to defend LJ and this season is impossible.

There's so much we'll never know, and as I say my thought process is based on nothing but gut feeling.  

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Lost our identity under Bristol Sport? Our identify before BS was 120 years of mediocrity so if anything I'd say we're cementing our identity. 

There are 1000s of clubs across the land with nowhere near as much success as us. 

Do they have less identity as us?

Identity is about community, a sense of belonging, pride. Not about results. 

1 minute ago, Vincent Vega said:

But is he not responsible for employing the man that does impact team selection.

Come on everyone well knows Lansdown has the say on who our manager is and when they get the sack, blaming that on Ashton is very Naive 

56 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Lost our identity under Bristol Sport? Our identify before BS was 120 years of mediocrity so if anything I'd say we're cementing our identity. 

21 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Simply not true.  In old first division twice, FA Cup Finalists, plus Wedlock and Atyeo. 

Can't wait for BS to Go away

The truth may not be 120 years of mediocrity but it's not far off. One short first division stint over 100 years ago and the other 40 years ago. F.A. Cup finalist over 100 years ago and two great international players in 120 years. O.K. we've a few Leyland Daf / Frieght Rover cups etc, and the occasional promotion, but the trophy cabinet isn't exactly overflowing. I'm not saying I'm happy with the current situation, but we've got to be realistic about our history. 

5 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I strongly suspect that SL's agendas is pretty well the same as yours, but while everyone will rightly applaud your agenda, SL's is ridiculed, despite everything he has tried and is trying to do.

The difference is that he is the one who has to make decisions, and when they go wrong or don't work out as exactly as planned, then he is panned by fans. 

I'm not happy with how this season has gone, and feel that Lj is more than lucky to still be in post. I also think that we are at a point where it doesn't matter what any of the club's senior management say to explain or justify decisions or actions that certain sections of the fanbase just don't want to listen, if it doesn't suite their argument.

If SL's agenda was the same as mine we would have professional fan representation at board level, we haven't.

The above would also address the rest of your post.

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

There are 1000s of clubs across the land with nowhere near as much success as us. 

Do they have less identity as us?

Identity is about community, a sense of belonging, pride. Not about results. 

And all that was there in 14-15 when results were going our way, long after the Bristol Sport bus rolled in. 

I agree with you but the bottom line is if we were winning the league we wouldn't be having this conversation. 

Archived