IGNORED

20Man / Mark Ashton (Merged)

RT's Vaseline Tub

9 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Jesus Effing Christ, why are you so infuriated by Mark Ashton?  Honestly, I barely give him a single thought.  Worry about something else, he's just a man employed by the suits at City, our concern should be staying up this season.

You really are on a crusade against Ashton this evening, is it necessary?  I know next to nothing about what his job really entails, but I doubt he is in anyway responsible for City's struggle this season.

He IS one of the suits. Not just employed by them he is a suit!

Still I am unsure what to make of him. We have done good transfer business it seems despite LJ so jury out I think.

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

And all that was there in 14-15 when results were going our way, long after the Bristol Sport bus rolled in. 

I agree with you but the bottom line is if we were winning the league we wouldn't be having this conversation. 

Well, SL only has himself to blame if he reaps what he sows. 

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

I strongly suspect that SL's agendas is pretty well the same as yours, but while everyone will rightly applaud your agenda, SL's is ridiculed, despite everything he has tried and is trying to do.

The difference is that he is the one who has to make decisions, and when they go wrong or don't work out as exactly as planned, then he is panned by fans. 

I'm not happy with how this season has gone, and feel that Lj is more than lucky to still be in post. I also think that we are at a point where it doesn't matter what any of the club's senior management say to explain or justify decisions or actions that certain sections of the fanbase just don't want to listen, if it doesn't suite their argument.

Do you honestly believe  that SL has not had long enough to get it right with his wealth and previous experience.  In 2008 we got to a play off final so almost a decade of going backwards. That's not the fans fault is it.? He has the money to employ just about anyone he wants . So why doesn't he recruit the very best people in the senior positions in the club.? Genuinely interested in your thoughts. 

1 hour ago, Bcfc24 said:

Why would he go on there just to be abused by you lot about him and Johnson and lansdown? Nothing he says is gonna please you lot so there is just no point!

Erm, how do you know that if the man would not go on the show?

An opportunity missed to do some explaining/make a case?

You are assuming that all would be abusive are you not?

14 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Didn't realise Ashton was the manager?!

In terms of position we're no better off other than being out the drop zone, but his remit isn't limited to strictly on the pitch is it, in fact that is the area he has the least influence over.

We don't have a manager do we.? Head coach I thought.. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He IS one of the suits. Not just employed by them he is a suit!

Still I am unsure what to make of him. We have done good transfer business it seems despite LJ so jury out I think.

Good point, but is he The Suit?  Personally, I have no feeling whatsoever to him, and would much prefer to hear from LJ or SL, or perhaps King Flint.

1 minute ago, Vincent Vega said:

Sorry who has been sacked by Ashton.?

I didn't say anyone had been, you said he's the one responsible for employing LJ and remaining in charge where in reality it will be Lansdown's decision not Ashton's to make.

15 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

And all that was there in 14-15 when results were going our way, long after the Bristol Sport bus rolled in. 

I agree with you but the bottom line is if we were winning the league we wouldn't be having this conversation. 

If we were winning the league I would still fear long term detriment of BS

50 minutes ago, Fiale said:

By you lot - you mean fans ?

Anyway it's open for anyone to call in, so it would give you a chance to call in and gush all over him and tell him what a brilliant job he's doing and what a great season we have had.

I'm not going to how you say 'gush' over him. But equally I'm not going to abuse him like some seem to be on here. I hate the fact some of our fans are personally abusing our head coach and Ashton - do some really think they are failing on purpose? They can't come out and say their shit because it would scrutinise their whole careers and the club in upcoming transfer windows so what exactly do you all want him to say?

All this seems a bit weird to me, lets be honest here if the results on the pitch was going well Ashton would only get praise, he doesn't pick the team and choose tactics (at least i hope not) and his job recruiting in the transfer windows was successful. He isn't a scout so can't be blamed for any poor buys.

Don't get me wrong i appreciate mistakes have been made and the whole Pembo thing was a bit sour but lets not dig ourselves into a bigger mess than we're already in!

7 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

Can someone fill me in? Missed everything that's has/hasn't happened re 20man and Ashton.

Ashton was invited to go on Twentyman's radio show, he declined and getting shit for it when in reality we'd probably not hear anything we haven't already heard and just get more abuse for it as a result.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Ashton supposedly was invited to go on Twentyman's radio show, he declined and getting shit for it when in reality we'd probably not hear anything we haven't already heard and just get more abuse for it as a result.

Not supposedly. 

14 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Do you honestly believe  that SL has not had long enough to get it right with his wealth and previous experience.  In 2008 we got to a play off final so almost a decade of going backwards. That's not the fans fault is it.? He has the money to employ just about anyone he wants . So why doesn't he recruit the very best people in the senior positions in the club.? Genuinely interested in your thoughts. 

I didn't say that SL has not made mistakes, just that his "agenda" is not greatly different from most of us fans, in that he wants the best for the club for the long term.

Neither did I blame fans for how the club has performed over the last 9 years , so don't try and imply that I did.

I have many criticisms of the club and some of the decisions that SL has made, or not made, over recent years. However, having all of SL's money does not give a guarantee of success. My biggest criticism is that in his financial services business I would be very surprised if he would have made some of the decisions he has made as  far as Bristol City is concerned. I think this is a trait that many wealthy football club owners display, in that the sound decision making they demonstrated in making their business successful and acquiring their wealth seem to go out of the window once they start wearing the club owner's hat.

I wasn't that enamoured with MA's chatter when he arrived to be honest (still not) but surely he is the least culpable of everyone?

He's helped to provide Lee Johnson with all the tools he could possibly want. It's not his fault that LJ is still working out the best way to use them. 

1 minute ago, Vincent Vega said:

Radio man invites MA to come on and talk.

MA says nah your alright Geoff.

I call him a coward .

People lose their shit

:whistle:

It just goes to show how ****** off we are with Johnson that we're pulling apart everything (me included) that we can find fault with. It's frustration of having a a half decent side struggling like **** because of Lansdown PROJECT :grr: 

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

I didn't say that SL has not made mistakes, just that his "agenda" is not greatly different from most of us fans, in that he wants the best for the club for the long term.

Neither did I blame fans for how the club has performed over the last 9 years , so don't try and imply that I did.

I have many criticisms of the club and some of the decisions that SL has made, or not made, over recent years. However, having all of SL's money does not give a guarantee of success. My biggest criticism is that in his financial services business I would be very surprised if he would have made some of the decisions he has made as  far as Bristol City is concerned. I think this is a trait that many wealthy football club owners display, in that the sound decision making they demonstrated in making their business successful and acquiring their wealth seem to go out of the window once they start wearing the club owner's hat.

Don't disagree with a word .

54 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Bristol Sport has been a moot topic winning, losing or non season. Note the date in thread. The thread was about more than a coach.

3 minutes ago, Kibs said:

I wasn't that enamoured with MA's chatter when he arrived to be honest (still not) but surely he is the least culpable of everyone?

He's helped to provide Lee Johnson with all the tools he could possibly want. It's not his fault that LJ is still working out the best way to use them. 

Homer-Simpson-monkey-mind.gif

1 hour ago, Bat Fastard said:

Ok - so the fans choose a really objectionable character who is passionate in the "Johnson out" camp.  That would waste time, and I doubt it would represent fairly, the views of the "fans" who will have many and various opinions.  Customer opinion can be ascertained in many ways - and just imagine if you were running a railway company and you had someone like Bob Crowe on the board as staff representative.  It would be interesting but I doubt if it would be helpful!

Don't think you understand the concept.

Always found Union members if fully informed were far more likely to accept difficult management decisions.

SL style management is reminiscent of Victorian mill owner's not 21st century good practice

Archived